The Vest: Yay or Nay?

Vest: Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
Vests are one of those things I might like, but I won't buy to find out.

never been a vest kinda guy. Just doesn't look right on me :unsure:

I voted nay but after reading some of the replies I may be second guessing a touch. I've never worn one and I guess I don't have the familiarity with them to go for it. I may try one out someday but I think I'd rather just wear a 1/4 zip pull over.

Absolutely, keeps your core warm while keeping your shoulders free to swing as loose as possible in cool to cold conditions. I'll throw on my Eddie Bauer down vest when I have to, but by the time it gets that cold I've lost interest in playing golf in those conditions. I'm a lot less die hard than I used to be when it comes to playing in sh!t conditions.

I am very fond of vests. Have probably 7-8 in the collection now, and happily growing.

Great for those days where you want your core to be warm, but your arms to breathe.

Big fan of the vest Now that I’m in my 40s.

Big fan of the vest for golf and daily life and have been for over 20 years. You may even catch me with a vest and a toboggan but at that point I would probably have long sleeves on as well.

In the Southeast we have days in the spring and fall where you need heat in the morning and AC in the afternoon so having an easy extra layer makes sense.

Not a big fan of them but as mentioned they do keep the arms freer. I would rather wear layers and have the arms covered too.

So what is goofier. Guys who wear a vest or guy who just wear the sleeves? I like the look

I have a vest but don't wear it that often. Not really a fan of having my upper body warm but arms feeling cold, prefer the "all or nothing" feeling.

I love vests, especially the more insulated zip up ones, a great layer to have available.

One of my fav vests has a wind layer inside (it's made by Mizuno).

Would be awful as a 1/4 zip with all the arm movement. As a vest, it's brilliant to cut all the wind to my chest. Actually pretty excited to break it back out for fall golf.

Vests are one of those things I might like, but I won't buy to find out.
I get this completely. If not for the review sending one, no way I ever break down and buy I don't think.

I love 1/4 Zip Performance vests as I have several.

I am never going to get used to the fashion side of golf. Function is the best fashion 1007.008%
Eh, its fun to look good too.

Back