The Vest: Yay or Nay?

Vest: Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
I’m a best guy the minute the weather allows it. Being a bigger dude, I love me some vest, errr-day

Wind proof vests are fantastic for hiking. I could see them potentially being good for golf too, but haven't tried it.

Dave

Always say yes to the vest

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Not going to lie, I didn’t expect the voting to get this one sided when I made the thread!

It is the perfect weather here for vests.

4th day straight rocking one

If I were skinnier and had bigger arms, I might be into them but right now they don't look good on me.

Got a Puma Golf full zip vest, its a beauty. Great for the weather right now, where its a little warm for full sweater but too cold for just shirt. I think I look mighty fine too if i do say so myself :giggle:

OK... So. 40* this morning when I teed off, full zip, fleece vest, with a lightweight base layer on. (I brought a heavier 1/4 zip just in case)

It was fine. Fingers were a little chilly, even with the winter gloves, but my arms weren’t cold enough to bother me. I kept the vest on throughout the round, it was in the high 50’s low 60’s when I finished, and I was warm. If i was going to play anymore I’d have lost either the vest or the base layer.

I’m a convert. Now I need more. Where can I find some?

I see you @shanewu, where’s your vest?

I've never been a fan of wearing a vest, don't mind the look though. Just not for me.

@JB , @KEV, @dazeedmonds, @Big SoIL, @brianmk24 are all aware of what my answer is here.

I love me some golf vests! If John Wayne could wear one and make them look cool.....

Look dude. You’re like a brother to me. (One I wish I could disown about 40% of the time :p ) Someone has to say this, for your own good.

John Wayne you ain’t. :eek::ROFLMAO:

I will say, you do pull off the vest “look” quite well.

Huge fan of 1/4 zip vests; have 4-5 Footjoy and a couple of P. Millar.

I have 2 Izod full zip golf vests. Nice to wear over my 1/4 zip long sleeve middle layer when it is under 50. Easy to take off when it warms up a little. Can't play comfortably in a jacket, not flexible enough.

It's that time of year wear the vests come out multiple times a week, love this time of year!

It's that time of year wear the vests come out multiple times a week, love this time of year!

Time of year? Time out! It's ALWAYS a good time to wear a vest.
107872778_original.jpg

And I'm pretty sure Jim Tressel would agree with me.

I’ve worn a vest for four days straight (different vests) 2 for golf 2 for work and thought they were both functional and enhanced the look

Wore a mid-range 1/4 zip this evening with a vest on top for yard work. Perfect in the just-over-forty degree weather. Full range of motion, more warmth on the core.

Also, I realized that vests for me absolutely MUST have a collar and zipper. I'm also 95% committed to 1/4 zips and not full length. I hate a zipponer.

Wore a mid-range 1/4 zip this evening with a vest on top for yard work. Perfect in the just-over-forty degree weather. Full range of motion, more warmth on the core.

Also, I realized that vests for me absolutely MUST have a collar and zipper. I'm also 95% committed to 1/4 zips and not full length. I hate a zipponer.

I'd agree with pretty much what you said, but not a 100% must-have. I prefer 1/4 zips with collars. And I really prefer wool or wool blend materials - lightweight but can be super warm. As long as it's not too windy these are good on their own

Back