The What Is for Dinner "Covid-19" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch today take out from my favorite Italian restaurant (with enough leftovers for dinner- warm bread dipped in oil, balsamic glaze and Italian chili oil. Apple salad - greens, apples, chicken, glazed pecans, grapes with a port wine dressing. Tiramisu - serving huge!!!
View attachment 8933150
That Tiramisu looks impressive! Very nice!

Whoever goes full survivalist and hunts a rabbit / squirrel and cooks it up wins this thread in my opinion! 🤣

Almost through all this stupid lettuce we were given from the restaurant!

Oven baked chicken drumsticks with caesar salad, and the last of the birthday cake.
20200322_181120.jpg
20200322_182725.jpg

Spaghetti with ground turkey, tonight.

Coconut Thai Chicken with sweet potato & rice. Was actually really good for being a prepped meal from Publix.

Made a big pan of Lasagna. Should last 3 days.

Made some turkey burgers that really impressed my wife! 😎 I also figured out how to make Chick Fil A sauce!

white chicken chili last night

made a big pot of marinara sauce yesterday (some for the fridge, some for the freezer) so we'll likely use this in some way tonight. might just take the easy way out and do spaghetti.

Had 2 top round roasts in the fridge, threw them on the smoker for about 4 hours, cubed them up to make "sudo burnt ends" back in the smoker for another 2 hours ……… delicious! First time I've smoked a top round (won't be the last). Unfortunately, didn't think to take pictures.

Ok broke out the filet mignon last night and cleaned it up. Used the iffy parts to make tips. Also made a Bearnaise sauce to go with it. In addition warned up some mash potatoes I made the other day. Finally capped the night by making some oh so delicious chocolate on chocolate buttercream cupcakes :) :) :)
Oh and finally got around to opening that truffle butter I had purchased recently. What a hit on both the potatoes and the filet!

Corned Beef and Cabbage w/potatoes and carrots. We missed the boat last week and I was less than happy. So, my beautiful wife decided that we wouldn't miss out completely. She picked some up today at the store and threw it in the oven this afternoon. I could smell it the minute that I walked in the door and knew exactly what we were having. Happy dancing, right now.

Air fryer pork chops with a side of corn. Finished it off with the rest of the Tiramisu from yesterday.

I made a cheese pizza tonight. Mozzarella and Parmesan and it was fantastic...yeah I said it!

Waited in line for half price Domino's on Friday. It was good and hot. The Cali chicken & bacon was tasty.

Made unstuffed peppers on Saturday evening. Rice, hamburger, peppers, garlic & onions with marinara. Second time making this. Turning into a family favorite and leftovers are great for lunch.

Made soup beans & ham on Sunday but ended up getting carryout from out fav mexican place. Reheated the beans and made cornbread muffins tonight. It went over better than expected. Lots of ham, I found a ham in the back of the garage fridge that I got for $7 after the holiday sales. It was still a few weeks before the Use Buy date. I think we got three dinners and many lunches out of it.

Tonight was Taco Casserole with fresh pico, cilantro lime yogurt, and tortilla chips. Forgot the plated pictures (apologies), so a pic of the leftovers headed to the freezer.
20200323_174054.jpg
The fun part of all of this so far is we are eating heartier, snacking less at night, and enjoying what we eat more.

Leftover venison polish sausage. It is good stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back