The What Is for Dinner "Covid-19" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went healthy tonight. Hot dog burritos and mac and cheese. Having a 5 year old is going to kill me. I know there was a hot dog thread somewhere. With mine I did: cheese, onions, mustard and ketchup.20200405_183853.jpg20200405_183945.jpg

Home made pizza tonight!

Homemade turkey and rice soup

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]

Thanks Nate! Really not hard to make if u want to try. The key for me is Parmesan reggiano off the block. Do not use regular grated parm cheese. Ever. Just get block of parm reggiano and shred when u want to use. So much better!

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]

Thanks Nate! Really not hard to make if u want to try. The key for me is Parmesan reggiano off the block. Do not use regular grated parm cheese. Ever. Just get block of parm reggiano and shred when u want to use. So much better!

Totally agree there. Fresh Parmesan is so much different and takes it to another level.

Saturday was Chicken Drumsticks with Mushroom Rice.
20200404_181820.jpg

Tonight was Roast Beef, Yorkshire, potato and carrots.
20200405_180141.jpg

Gumbo with a fancy sausage for each of us and an adult beverage.

Took the kids fishing and we had a good day so a fish fry was in order!! 20200405_203433.jpg

Made chicken vegetable fried rice tonight. Was tasty!

Homemade Bibimbap!

Attachments

• 20200405_190610.jpg
    20200405_190610.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm trying to semi-vegeterian out recently.

My son wanted this ...

Pasta sprinkled with olive oil, course salt, crushed garlic, fresh pepper and freshly ground parmesan.

Tasty.

Roasted chicken thighs with mashed cauliflower and spinach

Had chicken on the grill with a bake tater. Forgot to take picture.

Not a big chicken guy but gotta eat something kinda healthy.

Man, that sounds amazing right now.

It's all about proportions with this dish... Could not remember how Mom did it, so it was done by ... "need a little more olive oil, next time a little less salt, got the garlic right, shred that parmesan on top ... oh, that is good." lol. I used some French course salt that is strong stuff - need to crush it in your fingers. But delish...

Chicken breast with wild rice and mushrooms. The wild rice is a staple here in Minnesota.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.59.08 PM.png

Sliders with Tater Tots !
20200406_181109.jpg

I made pasta with Marsalla lentils, with veggie chicken

Forgot to take a pic, but we had enchiladas tonight. Yummy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back