The Will Zalatoris Thread

The boy could stand to gain a few pounds, but seriously I love this wedge stamping!!!
mw0c4ndgocs61.jpg

"Dude..let's party and snag a righteous second place!"

10fea556-54d1-4c46-b584-265d993a14b3.jpg
Spicoli is exactly who I thought of when seeing him! :LOL:

I'm impressed - he's been flying under the radar and his name has been popping up here and there on leaderboards this year, but the Masters was a breakout for him. He shows promise and I thought he handled the pressure of a Major and all the media spotlight very well. His sense of humor is good, he leans right into the "Happy Gilmore's Caddy" thing and I loved his statement, "If I was stupid enough to think I could play here, I'm stupid enough to think I could win here!". :LOL: I look forward to seeing a lot more of him on the Tour, I think he's going to give some of the "young guns" a run for their money!

I watched golf for most of the day Sunday, the the sole purpose of seeing how Zalatoris would do. I was not disappointed..... well I was let down that he didn't win, but stoked with the solid solid golf under pressure, and 2nd place didn't hurt either.

Love this kid, a little more now that I know he’s a Bay Area local. Such an exciting time on tour with so many great young players.

I wish him the best. But I can’t watch him putt, makes me cringe. Lol.

What kind of tour rules are there where Will won't be eligible to play in the Fed Ex playoffs without winning a tournament.

He's gonna make the Ryder Cup but not the Fed Ex cup playoffs :LOL:

I'm a new fan for sure! Watching him was fun. Wish he made a few more putts.

And I'm still jealous of his hair.

I enjoyed watching him play over the weekend, hope to see him do well.

I can’t wait for the Bryson-like before/after pictures once Zalatoris bulks up 😆

I can’t wait for the Bryson-like before/after pictures once Zalatoris bulks up 😆
I think he's got too good a sense of humor to fall into that trap. Bryson didn't bulk up until people started saying Koepka would kick his ass if they fought over being a slow golfer. Remember all that? Koepka said Bryson was slow. Bryson said, "Say it to my face" and Koepka went and said it to his face. The distance gain was just a byproduct of the gains gain.

picking right up where he left off with a solid Thursday round.

I think he's got too good a sense of humor to fall into that trap. Bryson didn't bulk up until people started saying Koepka would kick his ass if they fought over being a slow golfer. Remember all that? Koepka said Bryson was slow. Bryson said, "Say it to my face" and Koepka went and said it to his face. The distance gain was just a byproduct of the gains gain.
My new life goal is to convince Koepka to challenge Zalatoris to a fight.

The dude needs to eat a crate of cheeseburgers.

And his tailor needs to add 2 inches to his slacks.

That is all. :mad:

His swing is super cool. I was trying to swing my superspeed trainer how he swings his driver.
I felt like I was able to swing as fast as I normally do.

His names sounds greek so therefore I like him more now... thats just how we roll

But he has a great swing and to finish as well as he did at the masters, I think he'll be winning events in no time

His names sounds greek so therefore I like him more now... thats just how we roll

But he has a great swing and to finish as well as he did at the masters, I think he'll be winning events in no time

I ggggled his name origin looks to be of Irish or British origin. (y)

I ggggled his name origin looks to be of Irish or British origin. (y)

Yea he looks nothing like a Greek with that blonde hair.. but his name sounds it

Off that boat grandma will root for him too, but then be upset if she finds out he's not greek.. like the time I was dating this girl who I said was a "very tan" Cypriot, but she was black and Philippino :ROFLMAO:

Really big fan of this guy and his game. Hopefully he can break though.

Been following this kid since 2014. There is a thread on a poker forum from his caddy Scott Fawcett, former Nike tour player and DECADE golf dude

It followed him from a nobody to winning Texas State Am, then US jr and I think semi finalist at The US Am all in one summer. Fawcett said he would bet on him winning a major within 10 years. Almost there.

Really not tone deaf at all tweet by the Tour on Willy Z:

I'm thinking Will's career will be much like Westwood or Sergio unless he can figure out how to putt better ( Which ain't all bad) Great ball striker, nightmarish on the greens!

Can’t wait for this guy to get his first win!

Will grew up at my cousin Neal's country club in Dallas, Bent Tree. This is from a veterans event last November 89BB5F34-C820-4564-BE84-B9F492FEF221.jpeg

Back