The Worst Shots in Golf.

This thread just makes me realize how many bad shots there are in golf!

I would like to know what is it with the Bermuda Triangle ball? Hit perfectly off the tee, you and your buddy see it land perfectly on the center of the fairway and when you and your buddy get there it is no where to be found and there is not a human in sight not even and animal. You look for a while and then simply make a comment like, "Well, that sucks."
That is the worst. I love the name too!

Getting waived through by the group infront then hitting your tee shot right at them as they're stood 'out of the way' to one side.

My version is waiting on every hole for the sole group in front, who finally call you through, and you then proceed to dribble your drive along the ground and finish short of the ladies tee ...

Waiting to hit your approach from 230 out since you can potentially make it, only to top it 40 yds down the fairway. Must be followed by the comment "Glad I waited for THAT, if I'd have just hit it would have been on for sure."

Waiting to hit your approach from 230 out since you can potentially make it, only to top it 40 yds down the fairway. Must be followed by the comment "Glad I waited for THAT, if I'd have just hit it would have been on for sure."
I feel like that's how I play. I know that I can't normally reach the group ahead of me with my game, BUT! there are the rare times when I can actually do everything correctly and my ball DOES go that far.

To me, there is nothing worse than a SH**K! I can't even get myself to spell the word.

4 putt bogey
chunking a putt
hitting myself in the face after it hits the tree
120 yards left of the fairway huge pull (game golf breaks after 99 I think)
skyball that lands on the ladies tee 12 seconds later

Three putting from inside 10'

Hitting a perfect drive and then duffing the next shot.
That is the worst to me. I don't hit perfect drives often, but when I do I almost always shank the second shot.

Being less than 100 yards out and hitting the dreaded shank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst shot would be playing the 18th hole needing birdie to shoot 69 and hitting you second shot into the left side bunker when the pin was tucked left side near the bunker with no chance to make birdie. That happened to me when I had a chance to shoot my age.

Okay here is my actual answer. Hitting a shot into the green inside 5 feet and missing the putt. Hitting a career drive only to butcher the next shot and making bogey or double. Getting on in two on a par five and 3 or 4 putting for par of bogie.

I don't always hit my sand wedge 150yds, but when I do. It's usually in a green side bunker.

I would like to know what is it with the Bermuda Triangle ball? Hit perfectly off the tee, you and your buddy see it land perfectly on the center of the fairway and when you and your buddy get there it is no where to be found and there is not a human in sight not even and animal. You look for a while and then simply make a comment like, "Well, that sucks."

I had 2 of those on Friday. Into the trees on the right between my fairway(9) and the 6th fairway. Got up there and didn’t find either ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hitting a perfect drive and then duffing the next shot.

This sucks. And it’s a big part of my game right now.

A bladed chip shot from near the green that flies across the green. Then you have another chip shot down hill that rolls to the same spot you were before. Demoralizing.

My favorite version of this is blasting out of a greenside bunker over the green into another bunker. Then doing it again.

This sucks. And it’s a big part of my game right now.

My favorite version of this is blasting out of a greenside bunker over the green into another bunker. Then doing it again.
Always happens in the middle of a great round too it seems!

I'll go with hitting too much club, leaving a chop wedge to the green... and then either blading that wedge or fatting it.

That is pure aggravation.

1. Breaking nose with own golf ball
  2. Breaking hand in downswing
  3. Tearing knee during swing
  4. And you thought a three putt was bad?!

I hate greenside shanks the most. Happened more than once.

CRUSH a great drive, but position yourself with less that a full gap wedge, about 80 yards from hole. Scared to hit it, you don’t close your wrists and shank it in the woods. Triple bogey.

partner you are playing against for money hits it short. Duffs second shot. Gets close in 3. Hits on in 4 and two putts to win hole and I want to quit golf forever. Until the next hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back