The XXIO X Lineup

Arent most of the XXIO Lineup light? I thought thats how they helped the moderate swing speed?
Yes. The irons are really light for my taste. The woods are very easy to adjust to for me but the iron shafts were not for me.

Yes. The irons are really light for my taste. The woods are very easy to adjust to for me but the iron shafts were not for me.

I see.

Played the XXIO X as they were a profile I enjoyed and also one of the best feeling irons I have tried. I didn’t use the standard shafts though and instead used Kinetixx Ballistic shafts

Arent most of the XXIO Lineup light? I thought thats how they helped the moderate swing speed?
Might have to still put a heavier shaft in them... But they aren’t just for your Dad... 😎

Might have to still put a heavier shaft in them... But they aren’t just for your Dad...

The shaft is part of the technology of the club though right? Wouldn’t re shafting them be a bad idea?

The shaft is part of the technology of the club though right? Wouldn’t re shafting them be a bad idea?
Out of the box, yes, for moderate swing speeds they work rather well.
With that said, fitting is also a big component which is why they are in Club Champion, etc.

I just picked up a set of nines on ebay and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.
I was in your boat. I picked up a set of XXIO X Black irons for a great price on eBay. They had the stock stiff steel shafts. I took them to a practice facility and the first practice round with them, the 7 iron shaft snapped. That didn’t frustrate me terribly, because even though XXIO doesn’t offer customization, I knew from the information provided here on THP that Club Champion does. I went and got an iron fitting at Club Champion and the numbers with the Fujikura Pro 95 shaft were stellar, so I ordered the 5 iron and gap wedge to go with the 6 through pw that I had acquired already. Club Champion is building out the set for me.

Long story short... part of XXIO’s marketing is that they want you to buy their clubs as they come stock, but there clearly are other options.

The stock XXIO X Black has a counter weight in the grip, but it’s not needed. My point is that this head can work in a variety of different shaft set ups.

The stock XXIO X Black has a counter weight in the grip, but it’s not needed. My point is that this head can work in a variety of different shaft set ups.

The XXIO 9 on the site is listed with a swing weight of D0. What Im currently swinging has a swing weight of D1 so it shouldnt be that much different in the feel, right?

The XXIO 9 on the site is listed with a swing weight of D0. What Im currently swinging has a swing weight of D1 so it shouldnt be that much different in the feel, right?
1 swings weight point won’t be noticeable. Static weight may be different however. That is where the counterbalance comes in

0A227E6E-DDFF-4FCD-8DE0-53F4FAD483E0.jpeg
Looking through some old data on the XXIO X Black, although not used in my Iron Search Data set, here is a 6 iron that was dead center & 7 MM low. It’s a really good strike.

If you are willing to go through with a full build, you can get the XXIO X Black to produce even if you have a faster swing speed than the target player for this set.

Last edited:
My nines were delivered today. Just goofing around with them here at home I can feel more weight at the head rather than a balanced feel and I kind of like that feeling. They look great at setup! I have a lesson friday so Im excited to see sim data with them. These have the stiff/regular flex shafts which I find pretty interesting too.

My nines were delivered today. Just goofing around with them here at home I can feel more weight at the head rather than a balanced feel and I kind of like that feeling. They look great at setup! I have a lesson friday so Im excited to see sim data with them. These have the stiff/regular flex shafts which I find pretty interesting too.
Enjoy them.

So, sort of on a whim, I picked up an XXIO Black demo driver for $210. Looks almost new, just the typical sole marks from being hit on a mat. Since we have snow on the ground for the next week or so and my garage setup isn't really available, it may be a bit before I can try it out. A buddy tried to do the demo thing directly from XXIO, but due to considerable delay in delivery he cancelled, so at a minimum I hope the Black is a keeper for at least one of us.

So, sort of on a whim, I picked up an XXIO Black demo driver for $210. Looks almost new, just the typical sole marks from being hit on a mat. Since we have snow on the ground for the next week or so and my garage setup isn't really available, it may be a bit before I can try it out. A buddy tried to do the demo thing directly from XXIO, but due to considerable delay in delivery he cancelled, so at a minimum I hope the Black is a keeper for at least one of us.
I bet one of you will keep it. It is really good.

Just for comparison sake, below are a Callaway Apex 21 7 iron and an XXIO X Black 7 iron.

F1E9BAB7-E71D-48B0-911B-6D5D991C6C97.jpegB2ED9213-3102-43FF-A638-4ED3968BEE00.jpeg130DFDBD-2A6F-4F75-9D41-7C9F8C108E1D.jpegF29CC115-70EF-48E4-A3A7-3BDFF9954E44.jpeg

Got to use all of my woods a lot yesterday on a longer wet course. These things just want to fly high and straight. I am always tinkering and looking for new drivers/FW/hybrids but nothing seems to fit me like these. I am assuMing the X series is on a two year cycle so I will wait until then. I know XXIO gets grief for it’s price point, but I havent bought multiple drivers or hybrids a year like i used to. I told my wife that I was actually saving money by buying items that will last multiple years. Jury is out to see if she bought my argument.

Got to use all of my woods a lot yesterday on a longer wet course. These things just want to fly high and straight. I am always tinkering and looking for new drivers/FW/hybrids but nothing seems to fit me like these. I am assuMing the X series is on a two year cycle so I will wait until then. I know XXIO gets grief for it’s price point, but I havent bought multiple drivers or hybrids a year like i used to. I told my wife that I was actually saving money by buying items that will last multiple years. Jury is out to see if she bought my argument.
I like where your head is at, giving your wife the RIOC of buying better gear up front... Good luck.

After a month long layoff, I finally got out on the course this past Saturday.

The XXIO X Black irons continue to impress on well struck shots, these irons feel so good when you are able to find the center of the club face.

I was rusty and was battling a toe side miss most of the day, and the lack of distance loss was impressive.

The conditions were soft and I did get stuck with several fat shots that was probably made worse by the V-Sole of these irons. I definitely left some strokes out there due to some chunky contact.

So, I’m pretty much loving the XXIO Black driver. So much I’m seriously considering trying a hybrid and/or fairway.

Anyone have experience with the hybrid they can share?

So, I’m pretty much loving the XXIO Black driver. So much I’m seriously considering trying a hybrid and/or fairway.

Anyone have experience with the hybrid they can share?
Yes. I have 2 hybrids and a 3 wood. They are very, very good. Let me know if you have specific questions.

So do you find the hybrids easy to elevate? I think the driver is just as forgiving as the G425, and having problems elevating my G425 hybrid (swing/delivery flaw I’m sure), so I’m interested in seeing it the XXIO Black hybrid might fit me better.....

thanks!

So do you find the hybrids easy to elevate? I think the driver is just as forgiving as the G425, and having problems elevating my G425 hybrid (swing/delivery flaw I’m sure), so I’m interested in seeing it the XXIO Black hybrid might fit me better.....

thanks!
Yes, they are very easy to launch. I have the 18 & 23 degree hybrids and hit them higher and further than other hybrids that I have owned. I came from the Ping 410 hybrids and I loved them, but these are better for me. The 3 wood is easy for me to hit off the deck as well. It is the first FW that I have owned in a while and I can hit it very good off the tee and deck.

Just bought a used XXIO X 5 wood. I really like my 3 wood but I don’t hit it very often and I think I will stick the 5W in there for a bit to see how I like it.

I picked up a 23* hybrid, anxious for it to arrive and see if I like it as much as the driver!

Back