The XXIO X Lineup

@JDax’s iron search has garnered quite a bit of interest in the XXIO X irons. Since I love to learn about equipment, I have been doing some research. I sent an email to the customer service department and just received a response. Two things I learned:

1. XXIO has a demo program. This is probably known by everybody but me and @JB will point it out where I have missed it in the great info here on THP. I thought that was cool info, given that the lightweight designs may not suit everybody.

2. The iron tips are proprietary and range in size between .362 and .390. I am not well versed in seating various types of tips into iron heads, but I am now wondering how difficult it would be to throw in another set of shafts, if the offerings from XXIO don’t work.

71DBB1F9-208C-4011-8394-F58C01A5E678.jpeg

Does xxio made decent clubs? could someone explain to me about their clubs? i have tried their golf ball before.

Does xxio made decent clubs? could someone explain to me about their clubs? i have tried their golf ball before.

Yes, they make fantastic clubs. In the first post of this thread there is a link to the article on our home page that breaks down the entire set.

I can’t speak for the irons but the woods/hybrids are fantastic.

Who on the forum has hit the irons, other than @JDax and THP staff?

Played a round with these irons in the Tech Studio today. I have to say, I am totally blown away by just about everything about them. I know @Jman and @Canadan did a Range Days that featured these and were high on them, and they are right.

Played a round with these irons in the Tech Studio today. I have to say, I am totally blown away by just about everything about them. I know @Jman and @Canadan did a Range Days that featured these and were high on them, and they are right.
Is the set you played shafted with your preferred Recoil Proto 95s? Assuming so, did you use shims to seat the shafts?

Is the set you played shafted with your preferred Recoil Proto 95s? Assuming so, did you use shims to seat the shafts?

No, they are shafted with Kinetixx Ballistic iron shafts.
They were used in @Canadan video review on those shafts.

Do they make decent clubs?... XXIO is Honma should be... I never tried their golf balls though.

Ok ... Who all do we have in the THP Universe that are looking at these irons & this line?

Ok ... Who all do we have in the THP Universe that are looking at these irons & this line?
I am going to give the next generation a look. The only hang up I have is that it isn’t very easy to customize. I am not ready for 44 gram shafts in my irons and the extra dough is hard to swallow. I will be keeping my eye on your progress.

I am going to give the next generation a look. The only hang up I have is that it isn’t very easy to customize. I am not ready for 44 gram shafts in my irons and the extra dough is hard to swallow. I will be keeping my eye on your progress.

Yeah I know that’s a barrier to entry, I’m having to build a set because the stock option isn’t for me either...

I'm going to look at them after watching your iron selection thread. Not at the top but I will hit them. Not sure the stock option is for me. Will depend on what fitting I can get.

I'm going to look at them after watching your iron selection thread. Not at the top but I will hit them. Not sure the stock option is for me. Will depend on what fitting I can get.
You can test whatever shaft you want at Club Champion...

Club Champion can fix that, but at a premium.

Club Champion can fix that, but at a premium.
If I buy some it will be through a fitting there. Not in any rush, I have a feeling I will be more than happy with the set on the way. I have kept it in my brand family, which is nice.

You can test whatever shaft you want at Club Champion...
Yeah, I am probably going to bite the bullet and just pay for that testing. There is so much stuff that is coming out that I want to hit. I want to do a side by side and almost blind test. I just want everything to be release so I don't have buyers remorse. And I want to go somewhere they have everything. Fortunately I have a CC in my town. Just so expensive. But probably worth it in long run.

Yeah, I am probably going to bite the bullet and just pay for that testing. There is so much stuff that is coming out that I want to hit. I want to do a side by side and almost blind test. I just want everything to be release so I don't have buyers remorse. And I want to go somewhere they have everything. Fortunately I have a CC in my town. Just so expensive. But probably worth it in long run.
Blind isn’t really possible, but genuinely during a fitting you will get to hit 5 or so heads

Blind isn’t really possible, but genuinely during a fitting you will get to hit 5 or so heads
I know. That's just what I want so I don't have any biases. I have a couple really good options besides CC but based on everything I have read it is worth it.

I’ll add to the feedback here pretty soon.

Back