The XXIO X Lineup

Calling @JDax... Would you be able to put up your comparible numbers for the Srixon ZX5 irons and your XXIO numbers? I have not seen the ZX5 in person, but from my memory of the Srixon 5 series, the two seem very much like siblings, which isn’t surprising, since they are sibling companies.

Last edited:
I may or may not have a set of these in my hands.

I also may be extremely intrigued.

I am going to start a rumor that I may have a set of these irons in the bag down at Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Nevada on Friday.

I am going to start a rumor that I may have a set of these irons in the bag down at Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Nevada on Friday.
Did you buy new or used, hypothetically speaking?

Do they offer to demo a complete set or just a head? I think that opportunity is just great when you can take out onto course, on real grass....best way to test IMO. Have fun...looking forward to your feedback.

Do they offer to demo a complete set or just a head? I think that opportunity is just great when you can take out onto course, on real grass....best way to test IMO. Have fun...looking forward to your feedback.
It wasn’t clear from reading the website whether you could demo a complete set or simply an iron, a driver, etc. My impression was that you could demo a complete set. Essentially, you are committing to purchase it up front, but you have the option to send it back for a demo fee.

Well, let’s just say that the first session with the XXIO irons was memorable. I have never had this happen to me in my life. I hit the 7 iron and at impact with the mat, the shaft snapped. So much for testing them down at Wolf Creek on Friday.

8F11734B-C85C-4855-A28D-963A7FCCE8B6.jpegB076D69E-7369-428C-A55F-909614D839A4.jpeg995A76D9-E324-44F6-91FF-C07F114DF0FC.jpeg

I will say that until this 7 iron failed, I was seeing some pretty mind boggling ball speed through the set. As high as anything I have ever hit, including the Epic Forged irons.

Calling @JDax... Would you be able to put up your comparible numbers for the Srixon ZX5 irons and your XXIO numbers? I have not seen the ZX5 in person, but from my memory of the Srixon 5 series, the two seem very much like siblings, which isn’t surprising, since they are sibling companies.
45EA7860-A855-4B91-9CF1-67D223116AD9.jpeg
1A564C94-33E7-4C90-B086-B1352B7AB48E.jpeg

That’s a bummer. You could reshaft to steel fibers and have a set of 🔥 throwers....

I will say that until this 7 iron failed, I was seeing some pretty mind boggling ball speed through the set. As high as anything I have ever hit, including the Epic Forged irons.
What were your thoughts on feel... ?

What were your thoughts on feel... ?
I thought that they felt great, not as soft and satisfying as my Cobra Tour MIMs, but certainly as good as anything in that’s size of profile. I am totally bummed that I don‘t get to play them tomorrow.

I have a fitting with Club Champion for this coming Saturday to focus on these irons.

That really sucks, any warranty? Never seen an iron shaft break like that. I guess you could play with them, just with no 7 iron. BTW...nice looking irons.

That really sucks, any warranty? Never seen an iron shaft break like that. I guess you could play with them, just with no 7 iron. BTW...nice looking irons.
I have 30 days to return them. I am going to do my iron fitting with Club Champion. If I find a shaft I really love, I likely will just restart them. If not, I will look into the return.

I have 30 days to return them. I am going to do my iron fitting with Club Champion. If I find a shaft I really love, I likely will just restart them. If not, I will look into the return.

I don't know where you are doing your fitting, and what they carry, but if they have the Kinetixx Ballistic shafts, try them out. The iron heads came alive for me when I dropped those in. Tightened dispersion and gave me more distance.

I don't know where you are doing your fitting, and what they carry, but if they have the Kinetixx Ballistic shafts, try them out. The iron heads came alive for me when I dropped those in. Tightened dispersion and gave me more distance.
I will definitely take your advice. The one session on TrackMan when the shaft snapped on the 7 iron, I was not quite seeing the type of dispersion I would want, but I could see the potential for sure.

While I really don't want to post similar inquiries in multiple threads, the question I posed regarding comparing the XXIO Black driver to the Ping G425 Max, as far as forgiveness, seems to have been lost in the firestorm of posts about the sound of the G425 Max in the Ping thread. So if anyone has hit both and can offer insight on how these 2 compare, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Even though the 7 iron is broken, I took these irons out today for my round. I popped an Epic Forged 7 iron in the bag. Here are a few thoughts. I have been playing a player cavity since July and these definitely look much larger to my eye. They also have some offset that is noticeable. However, there is no “junk in the trunk” sticking out. Even though the soles are wider than I am used to playing, the XXIOs have the V sole seen in its siblings, the Srixon irons. Either in reality or in my mind, the V sole makes them play more like a thinner soled iron, something very appealing to me.

These irons are very long. The temp was low 40’s and I hit one six iron over 200 yards. I always make sure that people understand that such distance are partly the result of playing at elevation, but that still is a very long 6 iron for me, given the temps.

Even in the cold temperatures, the irons really do feel extremely soft, as was emphasized by @JDax, in his thread where he chose his irons for the coming year, with this iron offering coming out on top. The launch and ball flight is high. These are very forgiving on thin misses, which is where I see a lot of my own misses.

I hit 12 GIR in my round today. These irons could work for a lot of people, in my opinion. Tomorrow, I am going in for an iron fitting. I intend to take @JB’s advice and see if I can hit them with a Kinetixx shaft in the 95 gram class.

Back