The Yamaha Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you own one? Interested in one? Just want to discuss the brand? This thread is for you.

2000000007.jpg

• Admin
Spent the last week using a Yamaha Quiet Tech 2 gas cart in a large community. I have a different outlook on gas carts after using this one. The days of crazy loud and backfiring carts are gone and these are nearly as quiet from 10 or so feet away as electric. Plus nearly a 250 mile range on a tank is impressive.

I am in no position to buy a cart, but 250 miles on a tank is insane. I have no idea what you ride in a normal golf round, but seems like you would hardly ever be filling this thing up....

• Admin
I am in no position to buy a cart, but 250 miles on a tank is insane. I have no idea what you ride in a normal golf round, but seems like you would hardly ever be filling this thing up....

Gas is more popular in large golf communities or 55 and older communities where the cart is used as a vehicle. To give you an idea, in the Villages, it is about 80% gas vs electric I believe, with most being Yamaha.

They also have a lot of option/upgrades for these too.

Gas is more popular in large golf communities or 55 and older communities where the cart is used as a vehicle. To give you an idea, in the Villages, it is about 80% gas vs electric I believe, with most being Yamaha.

Is that just due to the hassle of charging it daily/nightly? I have no idea how long a golf cart runs on a charge, but cannot imagine that you couldn't just use it during the day and charge it at night like an EV?

• Admin
Is that just due to the hassle of charging it daily/nightly? I have no idea how long a golf cart runs on a charge, but cannot imagine that you couldn't just use it during the day and charge it at night like an EV?
Most get between 20-50 miles on a charge.

Cost is the main reason that people currently stick with the gasoline powered carts. The electric carts usually cost several thousand more dollars.

The lithium powered carts are becoming more popular but the competition for lithium batteries is causing a noticeable shortage of electric carts.

The club I grew up on and worked at in high school had Yamaha carts. All of us that worked there had a key on our keyring because at that point in time every Yamaha cart in existence used the same key. When we went to a field trip for our math class to the University of Louisville we took a maintenance cart for a joyride around campus with 7 guys on it. We eventually got caught by campus police and our high school pre-calculus teacher was not very amused when she had to pick us up at the campus police station. That is my Yamaha story.

I have a 2016 Yamaha 48V AC that I'm gonna sell to go gas. Gonna call and ask how long an order for this one will take... I'll be ordering wheels and tires elsewhere for it.

Screenshot_20220305-213356~2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

The Yamaha brand has taken over at the 2 course that I play the most.
The quiet tech has helped a ton on the noise.

I have a 2016 Yamaha 48V AC that I'm gonna sell to go gas. Gonna call and ask how long an order for this one will take... I'll be ordering wheels and tires elsewhere for it.

View attachment 9072242

Wow. I had no clue it would be so difficult getting a new cart.

For a second, I thought this was going to be about Yamaha's golf line coming to the United States.

Wow. I had no clue it would be so difficult getting a new cart.

What is the wait time?

For a second, I thought this was going to be about Yamaha's golf line coming to the United States.
The section of the forum is about carts, push carts and caddies.

What I call my home course has the Yamaha gas carts and they are fine, but you can smell the exhaust when transitioning tunnels. That is the only negative IMO.

What is the wait time?
They wouldn't even take an order from me. My local dealer wanted 100 last year and received 12. This year they were told they'd get 10. Wait list is 50 to 60 deep.

Back