#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Thanks for all of these tips, Freddie. May even take a few notes down with me for the practice rounds to prepare.

I'll keep them coming

International #12. Par 4: short hole but looks like there is a tree and plenty of bunkers for those thinking of going for it. Also a tree dead center in the fairway. I hate those, somehow my drive ends up right behind them! :act-up:

CGInternational12_zps52a8985f.jpg

Love this hole, LEFT is dead. What the photo doesn't show is the snarled rough, weeds and trees left of the big bunker. Left of the green is an unkept waste area. The green is drivable from all tees depending of course on your length.

Smart play is to aim at FW bunkers on far side. Smart play wins this hole

Thanks for all of these tips, Freddie. May even take a few notes down with me for the practice rounds to prepare.

Good thought teammate! I may be going through the thread a bit in the next few weeks as well!

As to Int'l #12, I'm probably taking 5W and aiming where Freddie suggests. If we ended up playing a shorter tee set I might think about taking a lash at it depending on the situtation though - 280 isn't exactly in my range, especially with only a little bit of rollout a la Florida, but a good safe tee shot from a partner could encourage me to at least try and get it close.

definately appreciate the tips FK!

Good thought teammate! I may be going through the thread a bit in the next few weeks as well!

As to Int'l #12, I'm probably taking 5W and aiming where Freddie suggests. If we ended up playing a shorter tee set I might think about taking a lash at it depending on the situtation though - 280 isn't exactly in my range, especially with only a little bit of rollout a la Florida, but a good safe tee shot from a partner could encourage me to at least try and get it close.

Freddie has been rocking the strategy tips.

What's cool to me is thinking how differently some of these holes will play depending on the format played. Say #12, in a shamble versus how it will play in Alternate shot or singles.

What's cool to me is thinking how differently some of these holes will play depending on the format played. Say #12, in a shamble versus how it will play in Alternate shot or singles.

It also seems that tee box selection will change how many of these holes are played as well.

The shamble format will be quite interesting on a lot of these shorter holes.

It also seems that tee box selection will change how many of these holes are played as well.

Wouldn't be a THP event without a few surprises!

Hey all. Apologies for being MIA. Head a bomb drop at work a couple of weeks ago and it's been crisis control ever since. Also was down at the Masters the last couple of days for the 1st time.

Will get caught up and involved ASAP.

Hope everyone one is as excited as I am!!!

Hey all. Apologies for being MIA. Head a bomb drop at work a couple of weeks ago and it's been crisis control ever since. Also was down at the Masters the last couple of days for the 1st time.

Will get caught up and involved ASAP.

Hope everyone one is as excited as I am!!!

All good buddy! We've got you in for an early practice round Friday, hopefully you can make it!

Hole #13, Par 4. Lengthy from the back two tees. And look at the size of that waste bunker left of the green!

CGInternational13_zpsf8621db3.jpg

You boys want to amp up your excitement another notch, read old #TheKing threads like the details thread and old PMs from JB. Some awesome stuff. Reading them after leaving the event, however, bad idea! :-/

Hole #13, Par 4. Lengthy from the back two tees. And look at the size of that waste bunker left of the green!

CGInternational13_zpsf8621db3.jpg

This hole actually plays slightly uphill, it not extreme but enough to make it slight longer. The wind always seem to be hurting on this hole.
Left center is perfect as it lines you up with the front of the long narrow green. The waste bunker left of the hole is popular with all the cool kids. Par is a good score on this hole.

yqudary7.jpg

Anybody else working tonight? #TeamChad

Just hit 200 balls at the range and didnt hook a single one. Progress!

#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I'm at batting practice for Little League right now, just threw about 120 pitches or so. Will be swinging and putting tonight in my garage when I get home. #teamchad.

Can't wait to see the trophies JB was raving about last night. I have a perfect spot for it at my house.

Hole #14, par 3: Longish. Bail out area right front but looks like a large waste area if you go too far right.

CGInternational14_zps4fd03ac7.jpg

Hole #14, par 3: Longish. Bail out area right front but looks like a large waste area if you go too far right.

Looks like pin placement will be key here. Short right won't be much of a bailout if the pin is on the left and then you have to deal with that bunker.

I was just about to post this Barry. I was just wondering how I would hold this green with a hybrid or 5w. I'm still wondering actually.

I could see a drive landing in one of these fairway bunkers basically conceding this hole:

93CD1B68-BE4E-40B1-AFF6-EF5C13DD810F.gif

That bunker is tricky. The tee you guys play looks like it could make a big difference not just on distance. Those tees look scattered left to right.

I was just about to post this Barry. I was just wondering how I would hold this green with a hybrid or 5w. I'm still wondering actually.

Probably going to be a 5w or 3w for me. I'll be trying to hit a slight fade. Tough looking hole for sure.

This looks like a super tough par 3. It almost looks like a tabletop green making the only safe play a long high fade.

I could see a drive landing in one of these fairway bunkers basically conceding this hole:

93CD1B68-BE4E-40B1-AFF6-EF5C13DD810F.gif

Agreed sparks, a drive in a fw bunker is probably death here.

Back