#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Well, you won't see any posts with the Zoo Crews grinding (on our golf games at least) but flight was booked today so I am ready to roll and most importantly, ready to bring home another victory with Harry! #TeamHarry

If this match was a fight, the ref would stop it
#ImWithHarry

Gentlemen,
I believe you will enjoy seeing the trophies that have been ordered and will go to the lucky team. To say its fit for a #king would be an understatement.

That trophy will look sweet sitting on my mantle :)

Trophies! How cool is that. I guess I should have figured with JB and GG. I'm betting they are going to be bad to the bone! Can't wait to see them.

This is #TheKing we wont bring any hockey talk to it. :D
Whew, thank goodness.

Trophies?

I like trophies, look forward to adding to my collection.

Not gonna lie, trophies definitely make me want to win #theKing even more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leaving Florida without a trophy in tow will be an empty feeling I'm sure.

Hopefully Team Chad doesn't take it too hard. :bomb:

I hope it causes a 2 hour delay thru security when I get to the airport!

Guys I'm pretty sure only the winning team gets trophies. This isn't little league. Maybe you'll get ribbons?

Guys I'm pretty sure only the winning team gets trophies. This isn't little league. Maybe you'll get ribbons?

the only ribbons at #TheKing will be those Team Chad uses to doll up their hairdos!

International #11. Par 5: Lengthy looking par 5. For sure 3 shotter for me. I'll be playing close attention to the "pro tip" and sending my drive to the right side.

CGInternational11_zpse2147519.jpg

Them boys are all liquored up tonight having illusions and stuff :golf3:. The only trophy they're gonna get is a picture of them selves in the woodshed :deadhorse:

Tough hole here, the shorter hitters can take driver down the left. You'll be left with a mid iron for your second all over water. Bail out is right and short. Par is an excellent score, bogie could win this hole.
International #7. Par 4. I bet this is a pretty hole when laid out in front of you. One with bite though. Will take 2 good shots to hit green!

CGInternational7_zps2e1d0a40.jpg

Great par five, aim at the traps on the left side of the fairway with a fade. Left center catches a speed slot and will leave 220 into the green for the longer hitters. For the three shot players, it requires 3 solid strikes.
Ok. Time to step up the course posts. Going to try to do two a day now to get in all before the event.

Here is International #8 a par 5. Water all along the right side. Fairway looks generous off tee but then seems to gradually become more narrow as you get closer to the green.

CGInternational8_zpsaa1c2d1e.jpg

This hole is wide open, if you stay top left you are looking even with the green. IF you bail right then you have a uphill shot that need an extra club.
International #9, Par 4. Depending on tee this could be a Par 4 to score on.

CGInternational9_zps80896c9c.jpg

International #11. Par 5: Lengthy looking par 5. For sure 3 shotter for me. I'll be playing close attention to the "pro tip" and sending my drive to the right side.

CGInternational11_zpse2147519.jpg

This hole reminds me of 18 at Branson creek. Sets ip well for my eye

This is a good par4 with a wide fairway. The play is left center but if you fade the ball you'll be safe on the right side of the freeway. The farther right you go the longer your second shot. If you van get it down the left side you'll have a mid to short iron into the green
International #10, par 4. A nice fade off the tee will work well here. Just not too much of a fade! No FADE on the approach shot though!

CGInternational10_zps7330a20a.jpg

International #7. Par 4. I bet this is a pretty hole when laid out in front of you. One with bite though. Will take 2 good shots to hit green!

CGInternational7_zps2e1d0a40.jpg

I remember this hole. I hit a pull/hook drive left of the cart path, leaving myself a long second all over water. I hit what I thought was a great shot, high, straight at the center of the green only to be knocked down by some wind and end up 1 foot short of dry land. Yeah, looking forward to a redo on this one.

International #12. Par 4: short hole but looks like there is a tree and plenty of bunkers for those thinking of going for it. Also a tree dead center in the fairway. I hate those, somehow my drive ends up right behind them! :act-up:

CGInternational12_zps52a8985f.jpg

I'm pulling driver and taking dead aim at the left side of the large bunker. Worst case scenario I'm hitting a little pitch shot from the rough from 50 yards out. I can see a birdie being needed to win this hole.

I'm pulling driver and taking dead aim at the left side of the large bunker. Worst case scenario I'm hitting a little pitch shot from the rough from 50 yards out. I can see a birdie being needed to win this hole.
While that rough may look like a little pitch shot from the rough, I do believe that rough isnt just smooth grass, and instead is about 4ft tall bush/brush patches.

While that rough may look like a little pitch shot from the rough, I do believe that rough isnt just smooth grass, and instead is about 4ft tall bush/brush patches.

Yeah, I think hitting the fairway is key on a hole like this. Short, but probably a mess if you are long but in the rough.

Heck 3w off the tee leaves no more than what, 100 yards give or take from the back tees?

Sounds like 3w down the gut then throw a dart (allegedly) for birdie.

Also, Sunday I'll be playing the course I tried to play a few weeks ago that I have only played twice and shot 87 each time. This will be my legit acceptance of JB's challenge and will be a legit measure of where I am. Long holes, fast-undulating greens and typically windy conditions. It will be a true test and I'm excited about it!

Correction: apparently I have only played this course once since tracking my stats. If I have in fact played it twice, then the first time was years ago! Even better!

Last edited:
Also, Sunday I'll be playing the course I tried to play a few weeks ago that I have only played twice and shot 87 each time. This will be my legit acceptance of JB's challenge and will be a legit measure of where I am. Long holes, fast-undulating greens and typically windy conditions. It will be a true test and I'm excited about it!

Where's my sandbagging emoji? :alien: Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Go get 'em Sparks. This weekend I'm playing on a Nicklaus course I've played a handful of times. It's always bested me, and will be a good test of where I'm at.

Tough hole here, the shorter hitters can take driver down the left. You'll be left with a mid iron for your second all over water. Bail out is right and short. Par is an excellent score, bogie could win this hole.

Great par five, aim at the traps on the left side of the fairway with a fade. Left center catches a speed slot and will leave 220 into the green for the longer hitters. For the three shot players, it requires 3 solid strikes.

This hole is wide open, if you stay top left you are looking even with the green. IF you bail right then you have a uphill shot that need an extra club.

Thanks for all of these tips, Freddie. May even take a few notes down with me for the practice rounds to prepare.

Back