Therabody RecoveryAir JetBoots Review

30 Day Review/Impressions

First of all I want to say thanks to Therabody and THP for giving us the opportunity to help review these. Plenty of time left in the review period but I just wanted to get a thorough write up of the first month.

I'll break it down in to five categories. Ease of Use, During Use, After Use, Next Day, and Miscellaneous.

Ease of Use
: Unroll, unzip, put your legs in, zip up and turn on. Done....I'm kidding, that isn't all I'm going to write but I wanted to show how simple it is. The control panel is so easy to understand. Power button, pressure button, time button and start and stop. I really don't know how they could have made it easier for anyone to go from the box to putting them on their legs and going.

During Use: Not much for you to do at this point except sit and relax for your chosen time. There are four settings for pressure and for time. I'll start with pressure since the time setting is very self explanatory. 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 60 minutes or continuous which only ends when you decide it does or the battery runs out.
  1. 25 mmHG really doesn't feel like it doing anything at all. It's like the boots get halfway filled up and decide that's enough and let the air out. Maybe if I had bigger legs I'd feel it, but that is a setting that I won't really ever use.
  2. 50 mmHG. This setting is the first one that fills up the entire boot. It feels very relaxing and is the one my wife uses the most. Still doesn't feel like it is doing much for my legs though so I haven't used it more than once or twice
  3. 75 mmHG. Here's where the boots do their job and you can feel it. I can start here easily and be content with the pressure and would be confident my legs would be better for it. Isn't uncomfortable in the slightest and I could honestly sit there for hours on this setting.
  4. 100 mmHG. The strongest setting indeed. Truthfully, I spend almost all my time on this setting. It just feels like it's the most beneficial. I can feel my pulse in my legs during this one an once the boots fully inflate and then release...pure joy. It's the best feeling of any setting on the boots easily to me. My wife doesn't think so and refuses to use this one so feeling may vary.
After Use: It's funny to say but RIGHT AFTER I'm done, my legs actually feel relatively weak and a little jelly like. Give it a minute or two and I feel fresh and ready to roll. I've never used them BEFORE an activity so far, only after. But I can imagine these are a just as great of a way to warm up your legs before a workout or an activity as they are after an activity to recover. This next month, I will get some uses in before activities and see how much better I feel.

Next Day: It depends on how hard I went the previous day. If it was just walking 18 (I carry while I walk so there is a bit more demand on the legs) I felt as good as new. After the times I worked out legs, it was far from 100% recovery. I was still sore the next day but it wasn't the hobbling around kind of sore (which is one reason I HATE leg days). I was still able to move pretty freely, which was amazing to me, but the soreness is still very much there. Which it should be, these aren't supposed to fix you, just help recovery which I would say was successful since I wasn't grunting every time I tried to sit down or get up lol

Miscellaneous:
  • The sizing guide has pretty generous ranges. I'm 5'9" on a good day and am currently in a medium. The tops of the boots are very "invasive" 😅 So much so that I regularly wear them a little lower to stay comfortable. That means my feet aren't always fully in the foot section of the boot. I don't know if that is detrimental or anything, just something I noticed.
  • These are super quiet. We have a section couch and while wearing these, I've laid with my feet towards my wife while she's also laying down and we are watching tv. I've asked her to be honest if it was overly loud and she said with the TV on, she can hardly notice them. I've even had our dogs lay down next to the bottom of the boot where most of the sound takes place and they are unbothered during the build up or the release of air.
  • Ease of packing. I mentioned it in one of my posts but I want to mention it here. The center divider in the storage bag is SOOOOO helpful and makes it really easy to get these back in the bag. It's very appreciated
  • Battery Life. I'm a mixed bag on this right now. I've gotten less uses each full charge I've used them. Though it progressively taken me longer each charge to actually use the boots. Seven days, 11 days, 13 days. So maybe the battery drains slightly while not in use. But it's something I will continue to watch. Yeah, I could charge them after every use but I wouldn't be testing them if I wasn't checking battery life.
Overall, I've loved every second with these and can't wait to keep using them. Especially since our golf season is about to really pick up (crossing my fingers with weather). If you guys have any questions, we are here to answer whatever you got!

Sorry this was so long, just wanted to get all my thoughts in!

Last edited:
Had a lot written down but sorry it is a little late. Life gets in the way sometimes.

I like @Muchmore18 format so I will steal with my thoughts.

First I echo all the reviewers in that this is an incredible item to review and am very thankful to Therabody and THP for giving me the opportunity.

Ease of Use: Once you figure out how to get your legs set in perfectly I think it is all pretty easy. At first I thought they had to go all the way up to your crotch in a straight line so my feet weren't flat against the base. Once I experimented with feet flat and allowed some slack in the leg parts it felt a lot better on feet and calves. The controls are easy but still no app access right now. This is the only thing missing.

During Use: Sit down and enjoy. I have napped with these on as it is very comforting. I set up Netflix and watch something for the next hour. I have seen folks talk about shorts or socks or long pants. I have always used barefoot and in shorts. There are times when I take off the boots and they are filled with sweat but it doesn't bother me. I sit on the floor when using them. The noise is noticeable but easily falls to white noise after a couple of minutes. I only use 100 mmHg now so I don't have a detailed accounting at each level.

After Use: I love walking around after using the boots. I have started to do my hip stretches from TPI after using the boots as I feel more limber. I feel good, I wouldn't say it is life changing but I do like being able to do a heavy leg day then walk around later with comfort.

Next Day: I have discussed this a lot in posts. These are not a magic wand and you will get some soreness depending on what you do with your legs. I have noticed a huge change in my legs as I can be very stiff after activity. These have helped me be able to move but I still get soreness. That is fine as it tells me I did something but is not punishing me for doing it. I also did the experiment where I only used on 1 leg and there was a difference. It wasn't a huge difference but I could tell that my unbooted leg was jealous. There are recovery benefits of using the product.

Miscellaneous:
  • Some of my first posts and pictures were showing how they fit in a golf travel bag. I can definitely see taking these on a long golf trip
  • Currently I just hang these up in my office closet instead of rolling up each time. I mentioned earlier that I sweat in them and I do wipe them down after every use. This helps dry out the inside from the wipe.
  • I have never run into battery issues but I have never run these down. Usually after 2 uses I just put on the charter again.
  • I really want to see the app come out as I think that would take these to a much higher level.
  • Small nit pick but I think there should be a timer on the display to show how much time you have left. Not a complaint but it would be nice.
  • Everyone that has seen these are intrigued. There is sticker shock but those who have used them and would benefit from them (active) have some type of ponder. I haven't sold a pair yet but they are a luxury.
Please ask questions so that we can continue to answer them as we continue to review!

Last edited:
My legs were really tired after walking 18 on Saturday. That night, I used these and then again Sunday morning because I was still slightly sore. My legs feel much better today and did so last night, so I feel these really helped with the recovery aspect. Plus as I've mentioned, it's just so relaxing.

Just say therabody has stuff through costco
Screenshot_20220519-162303_Chrome.jpg

Oh hey! Glad this got bumped up. I have continued using the boots and am still seeing great benefits from them. Any new questions we can answer?

Good news on the battery front for me. I've cycled the batter four full times now. First was 220 minutes, second was 195 and the third was 140. Besides critiquing it during my 30 day write up, I was a little worried that something may be wrong with mine. An 80 minute difference was quite a lot for only three cycles. Well finishing this one got me 200 minutes running exclusively at 100mmHG. So while the big dip in use time in certain charges is a bit weird, there doesn't seem to be anything actually wrong with the battery. I will continue to chart my times but I'm feeling a lot better about it now.

My next test in the next week or two is a full charge and run it on the continuous setting at 100 to see how long a full charge lasts in one go. It will be interesting to see if it runs longer, shorter or somewhere in the middle of my other times. Again, we are still here for any questions anyone has about these!

How are these still working for everyone? My buddy who is a chiropractor has some of these for recovery. I may pop in there to give them a try. How long are most sessions with these?

How are these still working for everyone? My buddy who is a chiropractor has some of these for recovery. I may pop in there to give them a try. How long are most sessions with these?
Love them and still use them practically every other day. I go for 60min at 100 mmHg.

Been using them since I received them, and then have been very good helping deal with the soreness. I usually do 20 or 40 minute sessions, depending on how much time I have post workout, or in the evening. I've used them after rucking, biking, and even after yard work. I moved 4 yards of mulch, dug out bushes, and put new landscaping in over the past week or so. My legs were tired, and I would use the Jetboots in the evening and it really helped recharge my legs each day. I still had soreness, but nothing where I was walking funny, limping, or just not able to continue to work. They definitely helped in this regard.

For the testers - what are your thoughts on something like Achilles tightness/soreness? Theragun doesn’t work because the area is too tender, so only options are stretching and heat/cold which hasn’t been all that effective.

Still working wonders! My sessions are usually 40-60 minutes on 100mmHG. Used them yesterday after golf and the legs felt fantastic!

For the testers - what are your thoughts on something like Achilles tightness/soreness? Theragun doesn’t work because the area is too tender, so only options are stretching and heat/cold which hasn’t been all that effective.
First week of having these, I had an Achilles issue from soccer and felt like I could hardly walk. Put these on for an hour and while it was still tight after, the range of motion I got back when it came to walking was pretty great.

If it’s just tightness and not an injury, I’m confident in saying these would help

Thanks for the responses! These sound great for recovery.

These help with soreness. I would not say they help with tightness or will injury. The only thing that helps tightness is stretching and that takes time. Injuries can all be different. I can tell you it took weeks to make my calves not as tender using the gun and if I take time off from it then goes right back to me making faces when I used the gun.

App is live! It is in the therabody app.

I had to update firmware then got the app working. You can fine adjust time and pressure

Screenshot_20220619-191310_Therabody.jpg

You can change hold and release times

Screenshot_20220619-191317_Therabody.jpg

During the cycle you see this screen

Screenshot_20220619-191333_Therabody.jpg

Very welcome items.

You can change settings during cycle as well. 10 sec hold is nice

Screenshot_20220619-192449_Therabody.jpg

FYI... The app works as seen in posts above and there is a sale right now. Don't know how long it lasts.

1655736872995.png

From what I gather in the app there is now a Warm Up and Recovery setting for the boots.

Warm-Up - shorter time frame and less pressure. Also there is no hold time. This makes sense to get your muscles ready for action.
Recovery - longer time frame and more pressure. Hold time is added. This forces the toxins out of you muscles after activity.

Can't wait to test out the app and new features. Like others have said, a longer hold time is nice.

Back at it.

Screenshot_20220620-183135_Therabody.jpg

Anyone else using the app?

I had it previously downloaded for my Theragun but haven't had a chance to use it with the boots yet. Plan on it this weekend after some long hours tournament golf lol

i haven’t but will next time. I’ve been using these more lately as I’ve gotten back into cycling.

Back