Therabody RecoveryAir JetBoots Review

These look really interesting to me but I already have a Theragun, Hyperice Venom and a thing for my neck. My wife might lose it if I add another piece of recovery gear 😂.

I could see if you play golf 3 or 4 days in a row they would be great for being ready to go the next day.

I could see if you play golf 3 or 4 days in a row they would be great for being ready to go the next day
I walked 18 two days in a row while using these in between. They absolutely help your legs recover! I did however lose steam on the second day around hole 14 or 15 but before that, felt like I was 100%

I walked 18 two days in a row while using these in between. They absolutely help your legs recover! I did however lose steam on the second day around hole 14 or 15 but before that, felt like I was 100%

I think I am going to open my season by walking 18 today, tomorrow and Sunday. I am sure I will be extra crispy by Sunday night.

Updated thoughts: Initial thoughts

• These have been super easy to use. You put them on and hit a button, what could be easier.
  • The 4 different levels are very different but none are painful. The high pressures may be uncomfortable but you won't hurt yourself with these.
  • As I said in my initial thoughts, these are not a magic wand. You will not heal yourself of years of pain just by putting on compression boots.
  • I have done more squats and lunges in the last month then I have in the last 3 years. lol. I have not skipped leg day and I can tell you my legs feel great after all the workouts.
  • In conjunction with my leg workouts I do StretchLab and TPI stretches that have improved my mobility and flexibility. I still have issues in my knee and hip and my IT band is still tight. These boots do not fix tendonitis or increase your flexibility. My muscle soreness in my calves and quads are very well managed after using the boots.
  • I can safely say I would highly recommend these boots for active users. If you walk courses a lot or are serious about working out these are a nice luxury to have. I did stay motivated to keep working out with these boots around as I know leg day won't be as bad as I gain strength and have a good recovery method.
  • The app needs to be released to get a full review as I would like to see other routines other than start from the foot up to the thigh and release.

Today was the first round I played since I have gotten the boots. I will tell you it was also the first round where I didn't have labored walking when I got out of my car once I got home. I was pleasantly surprised at how I could kneel down again to read putts and I could walk like a normal person after the round. I will say it is not just because of the boots. As I have preached in all of my posts this is a component of multiple things I am doing to improve my mobility with my legs. What the RecoveryAir boots do is make is so I can accomplish more in a shorter amount of time because I am not waiting for 3-4 days for my legs to heal after a workout or overexerting myself. Again if you are serious about improving your mobility a key to that is to take recovery into account.

Here's some real world application for the RecoveryAir Jetboots. My kids have really been into playing basketball in the basement as we wait for spring. This means I get to play on my knees, since standing I would be too tall for the little tike hoops, multiple times per day. It's fun, but it is hard on my legs haha. By Sunday night there were feeling tired and sore, especially my knees and hamstrings. Put on the boots for 40 minutes, at 75, and afterwards the legs felt rejuvenated. This morning, much of the same feeling. Still a bit tired, but definitely not to the point I'm walking funny, or needing to rest before I do something else leg related.

I think the biggest advantage, that @echico mentioned above, is I don't have to recover for days after a hard leg day, whether that's running or lifting or little kid basketball. It speeds up the recovery time, and as a result I can get back into what I want quicker, and more comfortably.

I've been trying these on the 100 setting the past couple of nights. After walking 18 yesterday, and crawling around a church attic for a while. 100 at 40 minutes. Felt good, but my legs still felt a bit tired this morning. After moving around a bit, they feel much better. Walking 18 again today so we will see how my legs hold up.

I've been using these with every conceivable type of pants/shorts from jeans, cotton sweats, performance material pants, gym shorts, jeans, and I haven't really had any discomfort with any type of pants. I was expecting some wearing jeans, but it really hasn't been bad at all.
They are comfortable to wear with a variety of clothing, but I have noticed my legs get a bit hot if I have pants and socks on. That's my only issue with comfort, just a bit toasty after a workout, then enclose them for 40 minutes.

They are comfortable to wear with a variety of clothing, but I have noticed my legs get a bit hot if I have pants and socks on. That's my only issue with comfort, just a bit toasty after a workout, then enclose them for 40 minutes.

I know it says to wear pants and socks, maybe it’s to keep from sweating in the sleeves? I don’t listen and just wear a pair of shorts.

I will follow up that these work great after hard leg days. They won’t help with muscle pain in the sense that if you work your hamstrings hard, you’re just gonna hurt the next day. Sorry, that’s gonna still happen. You won’t have quite the muscle fatigue though. I have no idea on lactic acid though, I can’t remember the last time I did something that caused that.

Fat kids don’t run 🥲

Question for those that have mediums.
Do you think a medium would fit both a 5'4" and 5'6" person?

5'4" is on the top end of a small and 5'6" is on the low end of a medium...

I'm 5'11", and have the Medium. In order to get my feet all the way to the bottom I really have to pull them up all the way until I can't go anymore. I'd like to hear others thoughts on this, but I'd think a small would almost be better if you want your feet all the way at the bottom, for both the person who is 5'4" and 5'6".

I went medium at 5’7 and I wish I had gone small. I mean it all works out fine when it inflates, but if I don’t go feet all the way into the foot part, it can get a little pinchy on my feet and that’s not pleasant feeling.

I would go Small. The legs seem a bit on the long side to me. My kids are in the 5’5” - 5’6” range. They use my M regularly but it is probably a touch long for them

I am 5'8" and got medium. It took some time to figure out I could put feet in the foot well and not pull the boots all the way up. It is fine to have a little slack in the boots from what I can see. Small may work better as my wife is 5'4" and doesn't like the mediums.

I’ll be the fourth to say the same thing. Go small. The heights range for each size, while they work, are a tad confusing. I’m 5’9” and I feel like with how high they come up on me, a small would possibly work better lol

After hitting the slopes all weekend my legs could really use a pair of these right now, based on what you guys say I'd be feeling great in just a session with these bad boys

After hitting the slopes all weekend my legs could really use a pair of these right now, based on what you guys say I'd be feeling great in just a session with these bad boys
Not sure you would get much compression on those legs. :LOL:

I've been trying these on the 100 setting the past couple of nights. After walking 18 yesterday, and crawling around a church attic for a while. 100 at 40 minutes. Felt good, but my legs still felt a bit tired this morning. After moving around a bit, they feel much better. Walking 18 again today so we will see how my legs hold up.

I've been using these with every conceivable type of pants/shorts from jeans, cotton sweats, performance material pants, gym shorts, jeans, and I haven't really had any discomfort with any type of pants. I was expecting some wearing jeans, but it really hasn't been bad at all.
So walked 18 and because of eating and drinking, didn't end up using them on Friday night after that second round, and I felt fine the next morning. Chalk it up to just getting used to walking full rounds again.

Got my sister-in-law in on the action, and she was enjoying the feeling of the massage effect. Compared it to the boots they put on you after a C-section.

My only complaint from this weekend's use is if I end up on the wrong couch, it is tough to use them and watch tv at the same time, as one couch it is better to lay on your side. That's a gripe I can live with haha.

So I forgot to put this up after my second full charge was drained this weekend. Here are the settings I used and how long I used them. Left side is time, right side is pressure

20 @100
20 @50
80 @100
20 @75
40 @75
20 @100

Total use - 200 minutes

Last full use I got was 220 minutes and I ran those at 100 way more often. I'm tracking use for my third charge now and will report back.

So I've started wearing sweats while I wear these and I feel like it compresses my legs better. They aren't thick sweats but they are enough to give a little extra for these to push on. I'm also to a point where anything less than 75 doesn't seem to be worth it and honestly 100 is the sweet spot. Wife still likes it at 50 but I'm convincing her to use 75 more

The RecoveryAir JetBoots have become a staple in the T4K household. Both teen athletes use them regularly, I’m using them right now. I have come to really appreciate that the product works but more than that it’s very soothing and relaxing experience when you dial in your preferred setting

but more than that it’s very soothing and relaxing experience when you dial in your preferred setting
Absolutely this. I was using them two nights ago and 40 minutes was over before I knew it because it was relaxing and it was easy to wind down like you mention

First walking round since I got boots. I am going to use on one leg and let you know the difference.

1650230461387761587304064408108.jpg

Back