Therabody RecoveryAir JetBoots Review

I updated the Thearabody app, and used the Jetboots after modifying my preference to 10 second hold time, and boy is that an improvement. The hold is my favorite part of the program. They do recommend that if you feel tingling in your legs to set the release time to a higher number to allow blood more time to flow back into your legs.

I want to test again without using the app to see if my preferences apply to normal keypad use.

I want to test again without using the app to see if my preferences apply to normal keypad use.
I don't believe they do but maybe I set it incorrectly. To me, it's why the app is a must now!

Just got my RecoveryAir Prime last night. Yesterday I did a bunch of work around the house, lots of bending, lots of time spent on my feet. Woke up this morning and my legs were stiff and sore.

Tried the boots this morning, 20 minutes, pressure setting on 50 and 60. BIG difference! Legs feel so much better. We have a road trip coming up with two 5.5 hour stretches, and the boots are going with us. I’m sure they’ll help.

Also looking forward to using them after my next round of golf. Typically after 18 holes my legs stiffen up considerably and painfully. I’ll be playing in the trip and testing out the boots afterward as well. Will report back results here.

Finally a question: who has used these for warm-up, how, and what were your results?
Good thread here @MGoBlue !

I know @gkeller813 used the warm up setting on his boots and had pretty good results!

I haven't used the specific warm up setting on the app but I've used these before rounds of golf before and have felt great!

Finally a question: who has used these for warm-up, how, and what were your results?

I've never tried it for warmup. I usually do dynamic stretching and functional mobility for my warmups. I've heard those percussion massage guns are great to get some blood flowing for warmups. YMMV.

Merged this with the existing thread so more people can find it.
Good stuff in here.

Used the pre workout warm up for 20 minutes before the alumni soccer game tonight, and considering I don't get out and play like I used to, I felt really good while playing. Using them now so I'll report back the next couple of days. Because that is when it's usually the worst, the days after playing.

But, I'm starting to be a believer in the pre workout routine...
Follow up from post game.

I used the Jetboots for 20 minutes as a pre workout warm up. Plus lots of stretching and jogging before playing, because as much as I like to tell myself they are, my legs aren't 20 years old anymore. Like I mentioned above, I felt really good while playing, which is something I haven't done for just about a year. Once I got home, I put them on for 20 minutes at 75. I wish I had more time to have them on, but I still needed to do some last minute tasks before leaving for vacation the next morning, so 20 minutes it was.

Honestly, the next day of playing I'm usually a little sore, but it's day 2 after the game that's usually the worst for me. We're talking walking funny, legs feel like jello, just not fun. Day 1 after using the JetBoots I was sore, but not walking funny. Day 2, and it was the same, just sore but nothing crazy. I was active both days, with some hikes up sand dunes, and other beach activities, but it's the best I've felt after a game in a long, long time. I had honestly given up the hope of playing "competitive" mens league soccer because of the way I used to feel after a game, but now I think it's within reach. I still have to train a bit more, and take care of my body from a health and diet perspective, but I think I have more confidence now.

This was going to be the real test of the application for these JetBoots. In my mind, based on where I used to be post game, and where I was after the game Saturday, I believe they do help reduce muscle pain and fatigue quite a bit. I can get up to speed quicker in my workouts by using them as a warm up, and I can feel relief when using them after the workout. The only thing it hasn't helped me with is joint pain, and I didn't expect it to. My knees were still feeling it after the game, but it was to be expected.

Overall, these have been good for what I need them for, I just wish I had them when I was younger and more active. But, these still help me today, and I'm sure will help others who struggle with leg pain whether it be from walking 18 holes, sitting while working, or just general aches and pains. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to answer what I can.

I took the jetboots with me on my trip to Wisconsin, and I was able to use them a few times. After walking over 30,000 steps the first day, then driving for 2 and a half hours to the next destination, they were a welcome addition to the trip. Although I was still fairly tight the next morning, the boots felt great and helped me relax. Before our last day, I used the app to do a 20 minute warm-up routine. Prior to using the boots, my calves were screaming, but after doing 20 at 100, they felt a lot better, and I was ready to hike Erin Hills.

One thing about the warm-up routine is that there is supposed to be zero "hold" of the pressure at the end. As I am sure all have experienced, the boots tend to get to the end of their inflation cycle at different times, probably because of their independent nature, and small differences in leg volume. One boot would inflate and then hold until the second reached full inflation and immediately released both. If no "hold" is supposed to be better for a warm up, I would expect each boot to release when full, and the waiting period to be before the inflation starts again. But that is really nitpicky.

Travel with them was fine, as I was driving. I don't know how realistic flying with these would be, as they take up a lot of carryon space, and without removable lithium batteries, they should not go into checked baggage.

So, just continued enjoyment with the Jetboots!

I took the jetboots with me on my trip to Wisconsin, and I was able to use them a few times. After walking over 30,000 steps the first day, then driving for 2 and a half hours to the next destination, they were a welcome addition to the trip. Although I was still fairly tight the next morning, the boots felt great and helped me relax. Before our last day, I used the app to do a 20 minute warm-up routine. Prior to using the boots, my calves were screaming, but after doing 20 at 100, they felt a lot better, and I was ready to hike Erin Hills.

One thing about the warm-up routine is that there is supposed to be zero "hold" of the pressure at the end. As I am sure all have experienced, the boots tend to get to the end of their inflation cycle at different times, probably because of their independent nature, and small differences in leg volume. One boot would inflate and then hold until the second reached full inflation and immediately released both. If no "hold" is supposed to be better for a warm up, I would expect each boot to release when full, and the waiting period to be before the inflation starts again. But that is really nitpicky.

Travel with them was fine, as I was driving. I don't know how realistic flying with these would be, as they take up a lot of carryon space, and without removable lithium batteries, they should not go into checked baggage.

So, just continued enjoyment with the Jetboots!
Thank tou for mentioning the lithium battery thing. I had not thought about that as I was going to bring them to the Budget Championship. I can't think of how I can put in my carry on at the moment so they may not make the trip.

The bag that came with the boots is flimsy and has no way to close it. I have the entry level boots with the separate power bank. I bought this to store and carry the boots and the power module.

PUMA Evercat Contender Duffel Bag https://a.co/d/77xFwZP

Thank tou for mentioning the lithium battery thing. I had not thought about that as I was going to bring them to the Budget Championship. I can't think of how I can put in my carry on at the moment so they may not make the trip.
Now that I am looking more into it, FAA regulations require spare lithium batteries to be in carry on baggage. I guess you could check these, but again, they do take up a lot of space, even in a larger suitcase.

FYI Best Buy has deals on all of the models right now.

I've been continuing to use the JetBoots fairly regularly. The battery life on them has still been good. I did stop using the app, however. It is just too easy to use the buttons on the boots. It makes for a relaxing sports-ball or binge tv show watching evening.

I've been continuing to use the JetBoots fairly regularly. The battery life on them has still been good. I did stop using the app, however. It is just too easy to use the buttons on the boots. It makes for a relaxing sports-ball or binge tv show watching evening.

I like the buttons better than the app myself. I find these great for unwinding after a long day, like you said, just lounging and watching a game or TV

My son runs cross country. He's the primary user of the boots these days. They provide a lot of relief from the normal wear and tear of running.

My son runs cross country. He's the primary user of the boots these days. They provide a lot of relief from the normal wear and tear of running.

I imagine he loves these things

Man I was just getting ready to get going back in here and now I see it's already popped up! Love to see it!

I've begun a nightly use of these again now that golf is over for me and the workout grind is back on. Monday was legs and I really wanted remind myself how much these help. Everyone knows that after a good leg, the second day after is pure pain :LOL: Well I still hurt but I'm still mobile at least. I still think stretching is going to do the most to help proper recovery and not be insanely tight, but using the boots in tandem with a proper stretching routine is miles better than just stretching on its own.

Also I am on the complete other side of using the app compared to the buttons on the boots. App ALL THE WAY. Being able to dial in the settings on run time, hold time and release time (and pressure if I used anything other than 100) is just too good not to use.

11C81FFC-383F-4282-9D88-51427A9182B4.png
E3923491-B712-452E-8941-D32D06DD7BCD.png

When I'm not able to set longer than standard hold, the boots seem to deflate as soon as they fill up because they don't fill up at the same speed. One boot is ALWAYS first to fill up, that one holds, then the second fills up and as soon as it does, it all deflates. Being able to set a new hold time makes sure that I get that full compression feeling I'm looking for. Also being able to delay the release and make it longer feels sooooo much better as well. Finally, being able to set in between times on the app instead of just 20, 40 or 60 minute increments is a lot more convenient.

BEAC27CA-99D6-4092-91A2-5988FC4B4E2A.png

Yeah I could just set it to ongoing and set my own timer...

Anyway, I'm really excited to get back in to this thread and put these to work this winter. Season of change and these are going to be big for the recovery!

Last edited:
Been going harder on my legs than I have in a LONG time. Use these every single night and the quickness of recovery is pretty crazy. Combining these with the Theragun mini, and I feel like I could do legs on back to back days, which would never even have been thought about regularly. The recovery window is very much shortened after a session with the Jetboots. It's only been a month of work so far but I feel like I can push my legs harder and longer because I'm not dying of pain every single week.

Also, that increased hold time through the app is an absolute godsend compared to vanilla hold time without the app

After much consideration, these will officially not be on my Christmas list this year :cry:

Well damn :( You're knee was the messed up thing though, what about the brace?
Brace is definitely interesting, but I think I have more structural issues there rather than muscular. Lower cost so it’s a stronger impulse buy candidate :LOL:

Brace is definitely interesting, but I think I have more structural issues there rather than muscular. Lower cost so it’s a stronger impulse buy candidate :LOL:
For the record, I did the 🔥 reaction for the chance that you buy something, not that you may have structural damage to your knee :oops:

I know they are still pretty up there in price, but these are currently $200 off on Therabody's website along with a ton of other sales

Everyone still working with these and enjoying them? I am really thinking about looking into them for recovery during this marathon training.

Back