Theragun at the PGA Show

This piqued my interest for the shoulders and forearm/elbow area. I battled elbow tendonitis last summer which is definitely a first world problem (too much golf :)). Serious ponder!

This piqued my interest for the shoulders and forearm/elbow area. I battled elbow tendonitis last summer which is definitely a first world problem (too much golf :)). Serious ponder!

Off camera, I spoke with John quite a bit about this. Arm joint pain is something I struggle with and he swears by it.

I went the standard model. Extra battery is cool and the pivoting head with extra attachments probably I’ll miss, but the models we used just had the standard head on them.

Is it Sunday yet? Why not?

Is that the liv that you went with?

@JB how much better was the theragun compared to similar products you tried out?

@JB how much better was the theragun compared to similar products you tried out?

I only tried a couple of others on the show floor and a handful of others over the last few weeks. But there was definitely a difference. One other one I tried on the show floor was Hyper Ice, which people really enjoyed, but to me it wasn’t even close to the Theragun.

Its not speed, and its a little hard to say, but it feels totally different to me. I expect knockoffs will continue to improve over the next year, but right now they were not at the same level in my opinion.

It is, yeah. The coupon they had certainly helped quite a bit!

Is it pretty loud? The knock on theraguns to others is a) battery life (not a big deal to me) and noise, which is more my concern

Is it pretty loud? The knock on theraguns to others is a) battery life (not a big deal to me) and noise, which is more my concern

It’s definitely not quiet, that’s for sure. I’ll do a video on it tomorrow when it comes in and it’s all good to go.

It’s definitely not quiet, that’s for sure. I’ll do a video on it tomorrow when it comes in and it’s all good to go.
You are a gentleman and a scholar

Thanks for doing that. I am definitely intrigued.

I will never run out of really cool things to buy. Add this to the list lol

did you watch the video? It’s on in it.

I think I might need one of these. Very interesting product.

Ok, my back’s been jacked since early October. I *need* one of these. Thanks for the coverage! Video was great, informative breakdown. John sounds like a cool dude to hang out with.

Ok, my back’s been jacked since early October. I *need* one of these. Thanks for the coverage! Video was great, informative breakdown. John sounds like a cool dude to hang out with.

John is fantastic and hearing more and more how he ended up here after testing the device was the reason for my wanting to seek them out. Then I had Cutter Dykstra go ham on my back and I was sold.

I’m not understanding why I need one.
What I’m I missing? Is it an upscale massager?

Last edited:
I think there’s a number of reasons. One is that it’s basically professional grade. Two is how portable it is. I’ve had my back lock up during rounds and even work. Being able to get some relief would significantly improve the way my day goes.

Think like a pressure point massager like a foam roller. Now be able to maneuver it right where it actually hurts instead of just a broad area.

Im curious, but $599 is a no go. So is the $249 model just as powerful?

Yes. Per the video, it just lacks some adjustability and tips, as well as multiple speeds.

Standard does 40 hits per second, the pro does 40 and 20 since it has two speeds.

The standard hits it 30 pounds of force, the pro hits at 60. The president of the company said most people really just need the standard, the pro is great for professionals and professional athletes who need the fine tuning and need that precision.

Been battling golfers elbow pretty bad last couple of months and in the past. Stretching helps but this is a HUGE ponder for me. Also if the liv model can fit in my golf bag...I think this is the one.

Been battling golfers elbow pretty bad last couple of months and in the past. Stretching helps but this is a HUGE ponder for me. Also if the liv model can fit in my golf bag...I think this is the one.

I dont know what kind of golf bag you have, but they showed it fitting into a pocket on a standard OGIO bag pretty darn well.

I dont know what kind of golf bag you have, but they showed it fitting into a pocket on a standard OGIO bag pretty darn well.
Callaway Fusion. Think I will be ordering from Budget on Monday based on the pain from my last couple of rounds. Thanks

Back