TheraOne by Therabody CBD Products

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
With CBD being all the rage these days we figured if we were going to give it a try why not do it with a company we are familiar with, and one that is using all organic ingredients. We got a handful of products to try from Therabody, the company behind Theragun, to try out and see how we like them.

I worked out this morning so I am going to give the Recover a try right now. It says shake well and I see why, it's super runny if you don't shake really well, the oils separate from the solids (think natural peanut butter oil separation).

It has a strong Eucalyptus scent with distinct citrus and peppermint tones as well, but Eucalyptus is definitely the dominant scent. It has a very spa like smell to it.

I just applied a penny size amount to my lower back where I am basically always in pain. We will see what happens.

I am going to try the sleep one tonight and the Active one tomorrow before my workout.

IMG_6882.png IMG_6886.png IMG_6887.png IMG_6888.png

IMG_6889.png IMG_6890.png IMG_6891.png IMG_6892.png

IMG_6893.png

Eesh, all those oils.. I'd be worried about my skin breaking out or being all gross if I put that on and then just stepped outside during the summer. I'm curious how these work for you since the running joke during the 2020 show was how with all the CBD products, we should never be in pain again if we take them all at the same time.

For a quick update, I put the recover on right before I hit send, and it has a nice cooling sensation happening on my back where I put it. Hopefully @JB doesn't mind the smell of this because I defiantly smell like it now haha.

I actually think it smells pretty darn good.

Curious to see how this turns out. I use a tincture from another company. One for sleep and another for anxiety. Have been wondering about creams and rubs for pain.

• Admin
Curious to see how this turns out. I use a tincture from another company. One for sleep and another for anxiety. Have been wondering about creams and rubs for pain.

I am going to try the sleep one tonight. I am a horrible (I cannot stress horrible enough) sleeper, so if this works, even a little, it would be amazing.

Definitely interested in the longer term update about the pain relief!

Super intrigued by this. @GolferGal do you have a price point on these? I would like to give a couple of them a try.

They are a little pricey ranging from $29-$80, here's a link to their site with all the prices https://www.theragun.com/us/en-us/topicals-ingestibles-products/
Yeah, that is a bit pricey compared to others in the market, but not totally out of range for some of the mid range skin care products. I’ll follow your experience and see if i think there is value there to give it a try. But I am inclined to try one or two of the smaller ones, like activate or recover.

Yeah, that is a bit pricey compared to others in the market, but not totally out of range for some of the mid range skin care products. I’ll follow your experience and see if i think there is value there to give it a try. But I am inclined to try one or two of the smaller ones, like activate or recover.

I believe part of it is because they are either the only one or one of the few in the space to use completely organic ingredients.

You just got tapped! Albatross Club Member Perk. I have an extra Activate here that is now headed your way so you can join me in posting feedback. PM incoming to get your address.

You just got tapped! Albatross Club Member Perk. I have an extra Activate here that is now headed your way so you can join me in posting feedback. PM incoming to get your address.
Oh man, I am unreasonably excited about this. I am just starting my DDPY again so this will come in handy for sure, and I’ll use it in conjunction with the theragun!

I would like to try this stuff, but am always concerned about ANY THC showing up in a drug test. I know this product is hemp and it doesn't have much THC in it, but my employer is a no tolerance employer so.....darn it anyway.

I would like to try this stuff, but am always concerned about ANY THC showing up in a drug test. I know this product is hemp and it doesn't have much THC in it, but my employer is a no tolerance employer so.....darn it anyway.
In an effort to go above and beyond, and so long as there is no objection from THP brass, I would 100% be willing to use the product normalls and get a drug test in two weeks and share the result (provided that, if needed, @GolferGal vouches for me when my wife asks me why I am getting a drug test :LOL:).

Great idea! I used to worry about the THC thing but I don't get tested at work so I figured why not try it.

Anyway, that would be a cool test. (y)

In an effort to go above and beyond, and so long as there is no objection from THP brass, I would 100% be willing to use the product normalls and get a drug test in two weeks and share the result (provided that, if needed, @GolferGal vouches for me when my wife asks me why I am getting a drug test :LOL:).
That’s fine by us

That’s fine by us
I am going to let a lot of people down when they find out that I am in fact not taking performance enhancing substances, just playing great clubs.

I use Muscle MX Activate and Recovery balms . I swear they work.
Will be following your feedback @BigDill

Can't wait to hear about the results.

These products can be super hit or miss but I’d bet they do it right. Pretty logical expansion- good for them.

Interesting.

I’ve used the Muscle MX products before, I’m not sure they worked any better than any other product not containing CBD though. Definitely curious as to thoughts on these from Therabody.

As a chemist who has some experience in this realm, shaking is really important. The stuff you want and pay, for need to be encorporated into that “oil” component. Creating a micro emulsion is critical to deliver the “goods” to your body.

So, I used the TheraOne Sleep last night. First, let's talk about the taste and texture. It is OILY, like really really oily. I have taken liquid melatonin many times before and it's a true liquid, like taking a drink of water, but this is straight oil. That took me a minute to process, and I actually had @JB look it up to make sure I was supposed to be ingesting it because I felt like I just chugged a bottle of olive oil.

As for the taste, it tastes like you are drinking a peppermint/citrus essential oil. It's not the worst tasting thing I have ever had, but I wouldn't exactly call it pleasant either. However, I honestly think it's not that it tastes bad, I just had a hell of a time getting past that oily feeling in my mouth.

The big question, did it work? Well, that's hard to say because Arrow was not interested in me sleeping last night. I can say this, I fell asleep suuuuuper fast last night, like within 30 minutes of taking it, and I normally lay in bed for hours before I can fall asleep, so for falling asleep, assuming it was the TheraOne Sleep that made me fall asleep that fast, it definitely works. I will obviously keep trying it for a while to have a lager sample size before I make a final judgement.

Now, for staying asleep, that's a whole different outcome. I actually had one of the most restless nights sleep I can remember in a while, BUT, and it's a big but, Arrow was the devil in a dogs body last night and didn't really want anyone in the house to sleep. He had me and @JB up all night. So, I am not sure it's fair to blame the TheraOne Sleep on that, and again I will need a larger sample size to make a definitive decision on the staying asleep side of things.

I will continue to keep everyone updated as the days/weeks/months go on.

I had gotten a free sample of the Revive CBD Balm. I tried it on some shoulder pain I was having after working out and I was amazed at how quickly it seemed to help. And it seemed to help for multiple days.

I don't know if it's just masking the real issue, but it's a very neat tool to have in the arsenal when you're old as dirt.

Back