TheraOne by Therabody CBD Products

I wanted to make this a separate post so it wasn't so much to read at once. For the TheraOne Recover. Jury is still out on this one. I used it on my back, which may not be totally fair because I know it's not a muscle issue there, I have 2 herniated discs in that spot.

I will say this, I really enjoyed the cooling sensation that it provided, that felt really nice. Shortly after putting it on, I did feel like my back was feeling a better and for a few hours it was totally pain free, not sure if that is a placebo affect or not though. The smell was strong, but went away fairly quickly and didn't linger or stay on my skin for a long period of time. My back did start to act up again later in the day, but that was several hours later, and again, I have a chronic issue that honestly needs surgery but I am just not interested in doing that.

I will continue to use this and see if I notice temporary relief when my back is acting up, and more specially post workout so maybe I can stop the pain from coming before it even begins.

So, I used the TheraOne Sleep last night. First, let's talk about the taste and texture. It is OILY, like really really oily. I have taken liquid melatonin many times before and it's a true liquid, like taking a drink of water, but this is straight oil. That took me a minute to process, and I actually had @JB look it up to make sure I was supposed to be ingesting it because I felt like I just chugged a bottle of olive oil.

As for the taste, it tastes like you are drinking a peppermint/citrus essential oil. It's not the worst tasting thing I have ever had, but I wouldn't exactly call it pleasant either. However, I honestly think it's not that it tastes bad, I just had a hell of a time getting past that oily feeling in my mouth.

The big question, did it work? Well, that's hard to say because Arrow was not interested in me sleeping last night. I can say this, I fell asleep suuuuuper fast last night, like within 30 minutes of taking it, and I normally lay in bed for hours before I can fall asleep, so for falling asleep, assuming it was the TheraOne Sleep that made me fall asleep that fast, it definitely works. I will obviously keep trying it for a while to have a lager sample size before I make a final judgement.

Now, for staying asleep, that's a whole different outcome. I actually had one of the most restless nights sleep I can remember in a while, BUT, and it's a big but, Arrow was the devil in a dogs body last night and didn't really want anyone in the house to sleep. He had me and @JB up all night. So, I am not sure it's fair to blame the TheraOne Sleep on that, and again I will need a larger sample size to make a definitive decision on the staying asleep side of things.

I will continue to keep everyone updated as the days/weeks/months go on.
I started using CBD at night recently as well. It helps we fall asleep faster as well. I have been sleeping better but like you my dog dictates a lot of my sleep

I started using CBD at night recently as well. It helps we fall asleep faster as well. I have been sleeping better but like you my dog dictates a lot of my sleep

He has become a nocturnal dog, and it's becoming a real issue for sleep in our house.

I think CBD, from experience, has a clear benefit to helping people fall asleep. What I am more skeptical about is the ability for CBD to have noticeable benefit when used as a topical cream. What I am even more unsure about is how having a calming effect will work in a product like Activate as a pre-workout or activity application. But I am excited to find out, and I think the most fair way to test is will be to use it (1) before I workout in the mornings to see if the application areas are more active or ready, and (2) try it in some high use areas like shoulders and forearms before golf.

I will refrain from using the Theragun Mini during the review for anything other than recovery, just so I can really get a feel of that the cream is or is not doing. That said, I have some high hopes for the Activate. I am not a morning person, so any boost to get me motivated would be a help. I also hope it's not too greasy.

The TheraOne Activate arrived over the weekend. Thanks again @GolferGal! My first impression is that the tube and box seem to be inspired by what you would find in a resort spa, muted color tone, simple design and a nice quality feel.

Also, it came sealed which is a nice plus in today’s times. I am always a bit off-put when I am buying shampoo or hair product and the like and it’s not sealed. With this, it’s nice to know I am getting exactly what I am supposed to. That said, there may be 2 oz in the container, but it’s a bit like a bag of chips in the sense that the container seems to be oversized for the amount of product inside.

The smell is nice, with a fairly pronounced turmeric base aroma at the front end, and hints of black pepper as it fades. It’s definitely a bit medicinal at first, but the smell does down quickly and then becomes quite pleasant, to be honest. Definitely on the earthy side, kind of like cardamom.

There is definitely some tingle when applied. Not as strong as icy hot, which for me is a good thing. Just a small warm tingle that lets you know it’s there, and then fades down to a nice, subtle warming. I think it’s well balanced in that aspect.

But the biggest surprise is how non-greasy it is. I was fully expecting this to be greasy, but it wasn’t, like at all. I am very sensitive to oily feeing items, enough to know when my wife uses even the smallest amount of fabric softener in the wash. I hate it (except for the Kirkland lavender one, which smells awesome and isn’t very greasy at all, but I digress). I tend to stay away from lotions for this reason, but I could use this every day. If you are thinking about applying this before golf, you could 100% do it right before your tee time and you wouldn’t have an issue. I didn’t even have to wash my hands after applying, and in moments they were dry enough that you wouldn’t even think you applied lotion. It’s impressive.

Now for those who are concerned, I bought a box of those THC at home test strips. To make sure they worked, I had a buddy who should test positive, and I should test negative. We each took the test and the results came out as expected, which is to say the tests were reliable. So as of day one, I am starting with a negative test. I plan on using at least one pea-sized application per day, whether I need it or not, for two weeks. After two weeks, I will take a new test and see if I pass.

493DF8FE-7E7D-408B-913A-8A0E84A811BD.jpeg09E4B094-1C85-4C78-956D-14880C06B2AE.jpeg

Been interested in this type of stuff, so I'll be following.

I wasn't able to use the sleep the last few nights because one night Arrow got a hold of Josh's PB&J and I wanted to make sure I was completely alert all night in case he got sick, and the night after that we were having a really bad storm, and again I wanted to be sure I was fully aware and alert in case Arrow was scared and needed my attention. I don't actually think the Sleep makes me groggy or anything like that, but since I had such a small sample size of using it I didn't want to take any chances.

Fast Forward to last night and I was able to give it a try again. I'm still struggling with the oily feel in my mouth, but the taste really isn't bad at all. Think oily peppermint orange for flavor. I will say, I was definitely able to fall asleep faster than usual again. It's not like taking a Benadryl or Nyquil or other PM type meds that knock you out, this just makes me feel nauturally tired and allows me to drift off into sleep in a much quicker time frame than usual. I am 100% certain of this last night because I had a rough day yesterday with some unsettling news and my normal pattern would have been to think and dwell on it ALL night long, but instead I drifted right off to sleep and never thought about it once.

Last night's sleep was not restless at all like the last time I took the Sleep, but I was 99.9% sure the restlessness from that other night was due to Arrow, and I still believe that now.

The biggest thing I have noticed so far is that I do not wake up feeling groggy or confused or drugged in any way. This was a major concern for me, but so far that has not happened at all.

I will give this a try again tonight and report back. I am also hoping to work out today to report back on Recover as well.

Day one with the Activate in the books. Decided to put some on my lower back that has been a little stiff over the last few days. I put it on right before my DDPY fat burner program, which is about 35 minutes of dynamic resistance yoga.

The warming feeling is subtle, but seems to stay present the more I would sweat, which was a nice surprise. The smell is also more pronounced than I thought when I first opened it. My one concern is how long this will last. I was sent the 2 oz bottle, the maximum size available for the product. I don’t know if it will last me the two week test I plan, but time will tell.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I think that the lotion definitely helped. I want to give it some more time, and the good news is my shoulder is now killing me so that will get the treatment tomorrow.

I would like to try this stuff, but am always concerned about ANY THC showing up in a drug test. I know this product is hemp and it doesn't have much THC in it, but my employer is a no tolerance employer so.....darn it anyway.

Mine is too. Is your testing observed? I used CBD for a while, found it helpful for nausea but did little for nerve pain I was suffering through while on nuclear medicine. I bought an accurate drug test and tested positive. Sent it in to the lab and I was around 20ppm (positive is 10). That’s one of the biggest problems with CBD-it’s not regulated. I was using 50mg/ml tincture that was like $129 a bottle from the vitamin shop which I was assured was THC free.

Figured screw it, none of the 20+ medicines I tried outside of hardcore opiates (which ironically I would not fail a DT due to that if prescribed) helped so I just went full medical for a while.

Anyways, my point. Our drug tests are not observed. An ounce or two of clean urine (I believe there is artificial that will hold up longer) and a hand warmer in your jacket pocket and I’ll beat it 99%. Kind of sucks but it best not being able to work due to pain.

@GolferGal -sorry for the slight derail (I’m a human derail) and hope these work well for you.

Plus I went years without seeing someone tagged and now have seen it twice in two days. I’m buying me a lotto ticket today, lol.

Update on the Sleep. I have taken it the last two nights and I know the sample size is still small, but I am starting to think there is something here. Two nights in a row I had a lot on my mind, which would normally keep me up all night with my mind racing, and two nights in a row I fell asleep with ease. In fact, last night I was laying in bed and I could start to feel the anxiety creeping in, but it never took over, and I still fell asleep just fine.

To some people that might not seem like a big deal, but for anyone who suffers from anxiety, you understand.

I still hate the oil slick in my mouth, but if it means falling asleep without my mind racing a million miles a minute, it's totally worth it.

I’m ready to give something like this a shot for some finger joint pain and swelling I’ve been having. Going the icy hot route right now, but may dive into this if I don’t notice any improvement.

I like the idea of using it for sleep. I've tried a lot of different CBDs and none ever really stuck in my supplement routine.

GG I'm glad the CBD didn't cause the restlessness. I know in the past with other CBD products, I've taken too much and it prevented me from getting into a deep sleep. Sounds like this one might be a winner.

Been using the revive balm for my lower back and foot and knee issues since taking advantage of the bogo on black friday and the stuff absolutely works!!! Especially when used with the theragun mini. I also am a fan of the smell.

Update on the Sleep. I have taken it the last two nights and I know the sample size is still small, but I am starting to think there is something here. Two nights in a row I had a lot on my mind, which would normally keep me up all night with my mind racing, and two nights in a row I fell asleep with ease. In fact, last night I was laying in bed and I could start to feel the anxiety creeping in, but it never took over, and I still fell asleep just fine.

To some people that might not seem like a big deal, but for anyone who suffers from anxiety, you understand.

I still hate the oil slick in my mouth, but if it means falling asleep without my mind racing a million miles a minute, it's totally worth it.

Glad to hear it. I didn’t have great success with it, but also am very hard to medicate successfully.

You could try an alcohol based CBD tincture if the mouth-feel is bad. It’ll be bad in a different direction but 2-3ml’s even at 150 proof isn’t that bad. Works a LOT faster as well.

I’ve done both. I don’t like the MCT Cocunut Oil feel. So I switched to ethanol based. Effects inside 5-10 minutes, yet still lasts almost as long once effects kick in.

Seems like it’s working for you though so good! Anytime someone can find relief through a natural thing is good.

I don’t know if I’d have made it through my ordeal without this natural plant. I use a different part of it now but not lost on me was how effective CBD was in managing nausea. It didn’t help nerve pain. Other things do.

I’m ready to give something like this a shot for some finger joint pain and swelling I’ve been having. Going the icy hot route right now, but may dive into this if I don’t notice any improvement.
I think you would do well with this, assuming you could justify the price difference. The fact that this is so non-greasy would be a huge positive, and the more I have used it (3 days now) the more I think it's closer to icy hot in terms of tingle than I originally thought. I put it on last night before I ran and the sweat definitely made the feeling more pronounced.

I like the idea of using it for sleep. I've tried a lot of different CBDs and none ever really stuck in my supplement routine.

GG I'm glad the CBD didn't cause the restlessness. I know in the past with other CBD products, I've taken too much and it prevented me from getting into a deep sleep. Sounds like this one might be a winner.

This one is specific for sleep according to TheraOne, so maybe there is something to their "mix"

I don't think the cost is actually that high at $80. I'm comparing to the brand that I was using and it was about the same price for a little less CBD. For the sleep version, 30-1mL servings per bottle with a total of 1000mg of CBD. Organic, GMO free, and American grown CBD. I'm going to finish off the bottle I have now and order this one.

I don't think the cost is actually that high at $80. I'm comparing to the brand that I was using and it was about the same price for a little less CBD. For the sleep version, 30-1mL servings per bottle with a total of 1000mg of CBD. Organic, GMO free, and American grown CBD. I'm going to finish off the bottle I have now and order this one.
Looking forward to your thoughts

I went ahead and ordered the Sleep CBD Tincture and the Revive Body Balm. I use a Whoop band to track my sleep. I’ll post some nights with and without using the Sleep CBD to see the effects.

I’m using a couple similar products here up north, and with the tincture I’ve found the most success using the droplet under the tongue and letting it sit there for 20-30 seconds, then sort of swirling the oil around across the gums to help it enter your system quicker.

Not sure if there’s science behind it or not but I’ve noticed it working!

I went ahead and ordered the Sleep CBD Tincture and the Revive Body Balm. I use a Whoop band to track my sleep. I’ll post some nights with and without using the Sleep CBD to see the effects.

I am really interested to hear your feedback, especially since you are familiar with this type of product. I am mostly comparing it to what I have taken in the past which is melatonin, this is my first foray with CBD products.

Early round of golf this morning, so I am going to use the activate on my shoulders which have been seeming at me the last few days.

Reactions: JB
Alright, so good things to report back here with the Activate lotion today. But let’s take a step back for a second to move forward.

I am, by nature, a skeptic. I take most marketing claims with a grain of salt. So when I first got this product, I figured that the Activate lotion would be a good quality, but I wasn’t overly optimistic that it would be any better than icy hot, tiger balm or similar. I have used CBD creams in the past, but have never noticed a tangible difference. I have, however, had good success with CBD gummies.

That takes me to today and my round of golf. My shoulders were screaming today from a week of new workouts and throwing a football on Saturday. I tossed the Activate lotion in my bag, just in case. Early golf today, and I hit about 25 balls on the range. When I took a break, my right shoulder was really hurting. I rubbed about a dime size but of lotion on my shoulder and didn’t notice it for the rest of the round, which is to say that it must have worked.

After today, I am a bigger believer that something may be going I here with the ability for the Activate to help relieve pain in targeted areas. Like most things, this is not a magic wand and won’t fix injuries. But for soreness, there is definitely something here. I’m warming up to the idea of paying the retail price for a bottle, but I would not hesitate to buy one or two during a sale, and probably will. I think I’m getting addicted to the smell.

Last edited:
I would like to try this stuff, but am always concerned about ANY THC showing up in a drug test. I know this product is hemp and it doesn't have much THC in it, but my employer is a no tolerance employer so.....darn it anyway.
I’m a week in with using at least a pea size lotion application, including one day of two applications, and I am testing negative with my at home THC test. If you are considering the cream, I would say you have nothing to worry about.

I had a stiff neck today from working from home and sitting in an awful chair. Put some of the Activate on and it went away. I am wondering what the difference is between the Activate and Recover though. Same CBD content and size and price point. I want to try the revive with the higher CBD content, but $75 is a bit steep to take a flier. If there is a sale, I will be all over it.

My order should be coming tomorrow. Excited to share my results.

Back