Things That Irritate You On the Course?

I hate when the people mowing the greens or fairways seem to follow you the whole round, isn't there somewhere else they can mow?

The guy that is teaching his gf/wife how to play even though he sucks and shouldn't be teaching anyone anything. My problem with it? He was on our course today and held us up on 4, 5 and 6 and finally let us through on 7 when he couldn't find his ball. Never saw them again once we got by.

See that a lot...and they both always seem to get frustrated. My wife knows better than to ask me for help...I can't get out of my own way..:D

Not irritating really, but just weird. On Sunday I joined up with a couple, and the guy plumbed every single shot -- every one! Wedge shots, shots from the fairway, even before teeing off he would stand behind the teed ball and hold up his driver to "line up" the shot. Wasn't irritating because it didn't slow play, but I felt it was like someone smelling the cork from wine -- I wanted to ask "do you even know why you're doing that?"

Anyone else ever seen this?

Want to know what really irritates me on the golf course? It's this danged ole pollen; watery eyes, raspy throat, sticky icky yellow dust!!!

Chicken Sh*t used as fertilizer for the greens. It's gross having to wipe it off your ball every green and reach your hand in the cup where a lot of it seems to pool.

Today I paired up with a guy who was great company, only complaint was he kept walking accross the green while carrying his stand-bag. I've always thought this put too much pressure on the footprints for the next group. OTOH, he weighed probably 190#, his bag was 20-30#, so he didn't do any more damage than somebody who weighs in at 250#. I still think it's bad form, but what are your thoughts on carrying the bag while walking on the green?

I never thought of it before. Like you said, it was only like he weighed more and we wouldn't say that someone 250 or more couldn't get on the green.

I've never heard such a thing.

Kevin

Today, it was the rain. That irritated me.

Had two guys in front of me yesterday that straight up refused to let me play through, they were hitting from the pro tees (and hitting about 160-170 MAX), ended up skipping a hole and coming back to it.....birdied on the way back though. I wasn't irritated so much as thankful, my usual playing partner would have went full blown ape shite. I just couldn't believe they actually said no, flat out, when I asked about playing through.

Also, when I asked them it was while the three of us were standing at the tee box on a short par 5 and I had been waiting at each box for at least 5-10 minutes for 12 holes.

Today I paired up with a guy who was great company, only complaint was he kept walking accross the green while carrying his stand-bag. I've always thought this put too much pressure on the footprints for the next group. OTOH, he weighed probably 190#, his bag was 20-30#, so he didn't do any more damage than somebody who weighs in at 250#. I still think it's bad form, but what are your thoughts on carrying the bag while walking on the green?

I was taught to avoid doing that. I have noticed pga caddies do it all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

My apologies to start, but I do live in "snowbird" country. The thing that irritates me the most is the 70+ year olds that take 20 mins to play a hole and will not let you play through. Yes I understand that they have paid their green fees too, but when you have 6 groups stacked up behind you let the faster players play through!

I do it all the time,and I have thought about the too much pressure thing every time. I weight 135, my bag weighs 30, so that's 165. My dad is 185, my uncle is over 300. It would take two of me with my bag to put the same pressure by uncle does bagless. So when I think about it, it's really not a big deal for someone my size.

mayday1775 said:
My apologies to start, but I do live in "snowbird" country. The thing that irritates me the most is the 70+ year olds that take 20 mins to play a hole and will not let you play through. Yes I understand that they have paid their green fees too, but when you have 6 groups stacked up behind you let the faster players play through!

Ever had a foursome of them take over a half an hour to play a par 3? 8 shots to get to the green, four putts each, with ten minutes of looking for balls in the woods and three minutes of bullsh*tting before every putt...

I was taught to avoid doing that. I have noticed pga caddies do it all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

They also wear sneakers, not spikes. I dunno why, but it's just something I avoid.

The guy that hit my golf cart with a shot today. The SOB was standing in the fairway behind us while we were on the green and decided he should just go. Fortunately I was in a good mood otherwise it would have been go time.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I have to agree with almost all of the points raised here ...but the one that put me beyond breaking point today was not shouting fore. I was playing in a four ball with Ranger junior ..one of his friends and his grandfather...the course was busy but stupidly so....we are keeping up with the play in front of us and and waiting for the green to clear on a reachable in two par 5 ( for us adults anyway...) there was a adult four ball waiting on the tee behind us ...and I hear the tink noise of a shot being hit.....no shouts of fore....smack the ball hits Ranger junior in the back....hurt him like hell....needless to say I was livid and I am not proud of my reaction . I turned looked at them expecting some sort of apology...no was forthcoming....my three wood to the ball that hit Ranger junior was a good one ...at 90* to the fairway into the woods. I then strode back to the tee and spoke at length to the idiot...who still unrepentant had the stupidity to abuse me...and Junior for not moving.....luckily for him the father in law dragged me away before I reduced his life expectancy. Ruined my round...and Juniors...lovely ball mark on his back. I spoke to our pro there and he banned all four of them from the club for dangerous play....as they were pay and play visitors ...in hindsight it could have been so much worse if it had hit his head etc.....just stupidity and arrogance... But I am still a little ashamed of my reaction:arrogant:

I have to agree with almost all of the points raised here ...but the one that put me beyond breaking point today was not shouting fore. I was playing in a four ball with Ranger junior ..one of his friends and his grandfather...the course was busy but stupidly so....we are keeping up with the play in front of us and and waiting for the green to clear on a reachable in two par 5 ( for us adults anyway...) there was a adult four ball waiting on the tee behind us ...and I hear the tink noise of a shot being hit.....no shouts of fore....smack the ball hits Ranger junior in the back....hurt him like hell....needless to say I was livid and I am not proud of my reaction . I turned looked at them expecting some sort of apology...no was forthcoming....my three wood to the ball that hit Ranger junior was a good one ...at 90* to the fairway into the woods. I then strode back to the tee and spoke at length to the idiot...who still unrepentant had the stupidity to abuse me...and Junior for not moving.....luckily for him the father in law dragged me away before I reduced his life expectancy. Ruined my round...and Juniors...lovely ball mark on his back. I spoke to our pro there and he banned all four of them from the club for dangerous play....as they were pay and play visitors ...in hindsight it could have been so much worse if it had hit his head etc.....just stupidity and arrogance... But I am still a little ashamed of my reaction:arrogant:

Tough for me to be hard on you for that reaction. Your son was hit, which is extremely dangerous. You didn't hit back into them, and you didn't actually come to blows, so you didn't cross that line (altough maybe close). The hitter was an idiot if he claims it's the hittee's responsibility to avoid the ball in flight.

I expect many will say let the rangers take care of it, but on the other hand, I believe that we're most responsible for our own (and our family's) safety. So I've got no problem with the confrontation, just know where that line is.

Glad they were banned, hope your son is okay.

On a related note, while I appreciate any attempt to call "fore," I hate when someone yells it like they're calling to someone in the next room. Hey, they're probably over 100 yards away. That's a football field, and they're not listening for you. I don't SAY "fore," I SCREAM it. If the person in the other end zone is in danger from my shot, the volume should be a little much for the person standing next t me.

Yesterday in my TriFecta tournament, we were on our 8th hole of the shotgun start, and it was the last hole of the Scramble format. My partner and I had both driven in a fairway bunker, but we had a perfect lie and only a shot of 117 yds. My partner hit first and thinned it, but got on the green 35 feet from the hole. As I got in the bunker for my shot, the cart girl rounded the green and started down the cart path toward us - and kept coming tho I was clearly ready to play. So, I backed off my shot, and waited on her to pass, but my partner stopped her to get a drink (mind you we were on the 9th hole, so we were going to drive right by the snack bar a minute after the hole was finished). So, I finally stepped back up to my shot, and the cart girl (15 yards away tops) starts conversing in regular voice with my partner, so I have to back off again. Finally they see I am being disturbed and got quiet, and I finally got to hit my shot, but my head was in the drink cart instead of on my shot, and I hit my shot a little too full and farther away than my partner's shot. I simply lost focus.

It wasn't a big deal, and I didn't dwell on it at all, but at that point we had birdied 6 holes in a row, and that par broke the streak. We started the Alternate shot section after that hole and played those 6 holes in -2, so we did fine after the interruption - I wouldn't say it killed our momentum. I just think that the cart girls ought to be trained well enough to know when to settle where thay are and only approach golfers between shots or even better between holes.

THAT GUY who yells "Get in the hole!" every time a touring pro hits the ball, no matter where they hit from. That's what irritates me (when I'm a spectator)!

Cheers. Hate that guy almost as much as Kevin loves sarcasm.
THAT GUY who yells "Get in the hole!" every time a touring pro hits the ball, no matter where they hit from. That's what irritates me (when I'm a spectator)!

The guy that hit my golf cart with a shot today. The SOB was standing in the fairway behind us while we were on the green and decided he should just go. Fortunately I was in a good mood otherwise it would have been go time.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Last time I played these two idiots were so close to hitting us on multiple occasions.

1). Standing on a par 3 tee box and here a ball splat right behind us. The ball literally flew directly over our heads and landed a few feet past where we were standing...Fore was never yelled.

2) We are driving down the path on 18 and these same dummies blade one and hit the very bottom of the front of our cart. This ball came in hot and if he'd have hit it 2-3 feet higher there could have been serious injuries. Fore was never yelled.

I was pretty pissed that I'm in school for teaching because even a heated discussion can get me disciplined by my university and expelled from the program. I would have liked nothing more than to just walk up and just ice jack one with my fist.

Tap before talk.

Last time I played these two idiots were so close to hitting us on multiple occasions.

1). Standing on a par 3 tee box and here a ball splat right behind us. The ball literally flew directly over our heads and landed a few feet past where we were standing...Fore was never yelled.

2) We are driving down the path on 18 and these same dummies blade one and hit the very bottom of the front of our cart. This ball came in hot and if he'd have hit it 2-3 feet higher there could have been serious injuries. Fore was never yelled.

I was pretty pissed that I'm in school for teaching because even a heated discussion can get me disciplined by my university and expelled from the program. I would have liked nothing more than to just walk up and just ice jack one with my fist.

Tap before talk.

You are going to Ice Jack them for Ice Jacking you? Or punch them in the face..............with an iron?

I feel the same as the OP. Another thing is people that have too long of a pre-shot routine.

Back