Things That Irritate You On the Course?

You are going to Ice Jack them for Ice Jacking you? Or punch them in the face..............with an iron?

I just wanted to throw my first Ice Jack out there even if it was forced....but I'd be pretty tough if I punched someone in the face with an iron so we'll go with that.

People who constantly complain at the golf course, lol. I had some dude in here earlier that bitched about the price... really?!?! The course was supposed to be closed today, every Monday through March. I opened because of the nice weather and working it alone and only charging $1 per hole until our new greens crew get's here next week. $18 for 18 holes and the guy *******?

People that are angry about their game on the course and can't keep it to themselves. As I will sometimes tell them if they are especially animated with their anger(throwing clubs), "you have no right to be angry because you've never been good."

Last edited:
Had to bring this one back to the top after last friday's round. The rules of golf should be amended with the first rule being:

When playing with others, it is perfectly acceptable to stink at golf. It is not perfectly acceptable to stink slowly.

people who are in a serious rush to get through around and are too stupid to realize that the course is backed up and there is no where to go!

people who dont repair pitch marks!

Last but not least my own golf game it annoys me to no end!!! :banghead:

I had never seen it done till today but it irritated me and caused a slow round...

Waggles while putting.

Yes you just read that right. Instead of practicing like pro or normally seen. This older gentlemen would stand over the ball and take the putter back three times and then hit the ball. His whole routine took 30 seconds every time and it seriously added up. I had never seen it but it got old quickly especially when we're holding up two groups cause of it.

chosen1, I feel ya bro. Today, my 3some was behind a 4some of old, fat men thru 11 holes when they finally decided to let us through. These guys moved so SLOW around and on the greens. One got down on one knee and read his putt for about 30 seconds. It was brutal.

TC You sure you weren't in Delaware today?

It was the first ever time that I can recall that I have been in the group holding up people, these were people I never play with at all as I was a sub, but still I can honestly say it's the first time I can remember being the group holding up groups behind us.

Marshals who follow you around. Had a marshal follow us the last four holes today. It's not like he was checking up on us, he was just hanging out and chatting (we know him and the guy I was playing with plays with him in a Monday league). But it bugged the heck out of me and I went double double the first two holes he was hanging around. Go speed up that foursome we are waiting on that is driving all over the place looking for their shots or ask them to let us through!

chosen1, I feel ya bro. Today, my 3some was behind a 4some of old, fat men thru 11 holes when they finally decided to let us through. These guys moved so SLOW around and on the greens. One got down on one knee and read his putt for about 30 seconds. It was brutal.

That's ageism and fatism.

Kevin

When it's backed up on the course and a 4 some of old ladies hits into you... I'm talking 70 or 80ish year olds... It was crazy. What would you say to them??? LOL We said nothing...

Cigar and cigarette butts left on the tee box or near the green (okay, anywhere on the course). Even though I'm a smoker, this just ticks me off.

When it's backed up on the course and a 4 some of old ladies hits into you... I'm talking 70 or 80ish year olds... It was crazy. What would you say to them??? LOL We said nothing...

I'd grab my 4 iron and hit a stinger right back at em.

Spoiler
How was that Esox? Working on my 'casm.

When the course moves the tees to the middle of the fairway turning a par 4 into a par 3, how the hell do you enter that for your handicap?

Last Saturday three of us were walking w/ push carts and it was very backed up. We were walking up to our second shots on the second hole, as we waited for the next group to clear the tee. Then the marshal drives up and he says "HEY! You kids need to let these gentlemen on the tee play through. They're on carts and you're walkin.'" So we proceed to finish the hole and we were just gonna let them through on the next tee box even though they would be going nowhere and would end up holding us back more. So we're about to putt out and here comes the marshal, screaming "HEY! I TOLD YOU KIDS TO LET THEM THROUGH! It's proper golf etiquette to let faster groups play through! You need to listen to what I say or you won't be here to listen any more!" Guy was such a jerk. So we just let them go even as our balls are sitting on the green. Their eyes were rolling the whole time. After he left they offered to just let us go, but we declined because he probably would have kicked us off the course had we done that. So we stood on that par 3 tee box for a half an hour waiting for three groups to finish it. It was some BS.

Last Saturday three of us were walking w/ push carts and it was very backed up. We were walking up to our second shots on the second hole, as we waited for the next group to clear the tee. Then the marshal drives up and he says "HEY! You kids need to let these gentlemen on the tee play through. They're on carts and you're walkin.'" So we proceed to finish the hole and we were just gonna let them through on the next tee box even though they would be going nowhere and would end up holding us back more. So we're about to putt out and here comes the marshal, screaming "HEY! I TOLD YOU KIDS TO LET THEM THROUGH! It's proper golf etiquette to let faster groups play through! You need to listen to what I say or you won't be here to listen any more!" Guy was such a jerk. So we just let them go even as our balls are sitting on the green. Their eyes were rolling the whole time. After he left they offered to just let us go, but we declined because he probably would have kicked us off the course had we done that. So we stood on that par 3 tee box for a half an hour waiting for three groups to finish it. It was some BS.
Most people that act like that have never had a good beating. Sometimes it helps with moral....:)

people who are in a serious rush to get through around and are too stupid to realize that the course is backed up and there is no where to go!

This. Playing a week ago this happened and it pissed me off to no end. My partner and I had to keep waiting on the 3some in front of us. We were on a par 3 green finishing the hole and hear carts but cant see anything because it's behind a bunker. We get to the next tee box and there are the people that were behind us, standing in the fairway waiting on the other people. We yelled "What's the hold up?!" from the tee box and the guy just turns around, raises his hands in the air and points ahead of him. Simply yelled "Yeah you idiot that's why we were slow".

I just hate groups that wait until the guys are done with the hole before teeing off....its one thing if its a par 3, but come on, no one is going to hit it 450 off the tee, and all you are doing is creating a backup behind u

Might have been stated before but people spitting sunflower seeds all over the green drives me crazy. Gross.

Guys who say "that's good" and knock my ball away from the hole when they think it is a gimme but it isn't.

I got paired with a guy that all he talked about was the club championship. This may not be that bad but he was a terrible golfer trying to give me tips.

I really hate people that hit into other people! You're asking for a beating

Yep...not acceptable. Funny story, a couple weeks ago we got hit into twice by the dudes behind us. We were waiting on the group in front of us, so couldn't go anywhere. Second time, I picked their balls up, and took them back to them to explain this wasn't gonna happen again...one dude looked a bit like you Freddie, and was as big. I had to ponder my choice to walk back to them alone for a moment...:D

This. Playing a week ago this happened and it pissed me off to no end. My partner and I had to keep waiting on the 3some in front of us. We were on a par 3 green finishing the hole and hear carts but cant see anything because it's behind a bunker. We get to the next tee box and there are the people that were behind us, standing in the fairway waiting on the other people. We yelled "What's the hold up?!" from the tee box and the guy just turns around, raises his hands in the air and points ahead of him. Simply yelled "Yeah you idiot that's why we were slow".

Maybe they went to the wrong hole. I did that last month. First time I played that course and was waiting on the group in front of me to hit their second shot, when I noticed that what used to be a foursome in two carts was now a threesome with one cart and one walker. Then the group I had been following came off the green and came over to me, wondering how I got ahead of them. I think they were a little miffed that I had jumped ahead of them as they were right behind the people they were following. I just laughed, apologized, called myself an idiot and slunk back to my proper tee box.

Yes sir! I had a guy hit over my head this week. The ball landed just past and rolled out pretty nice. We were waiting on a couple old ladies and when he pulled up I recognized him as a guy I've played several rounds with. He left from there and won't be back soon.

Guys who say "that's good" and knock my ball away from the hole when they think it is a gimme but it isn't.

LOL, "that's good" guy drives me nuts. There's no putt too short I can't miss. But "that's good" guy thinks a 3' putt is a gimmie.

Back