Things That Irritate You On the Course?

It was the craziest thing ive ever seen on a course, inwas in shock, when I seen the kid wind up, like he was kicking a field goal

Last summer I caddied for a group that was playing slowly, and the ranger came to give them their second warning on the 11th hole. It was such a funny conversation because the ranger told them if they didn't speed it up that he would kick them off the course. The guy I was caddying for just said no you won't. I paid $130 for this tee time. I'll play as slow as I damn please. The ranger just left. That was funny.

So ive seen a few posts on here of kids being kids and ignorant people on the course , but have you ever had people not playing interfere . got two stories from the past two weeks

1- was on hole two on my local club , and could see some way up on the faairway , and playin with the rake in the stand trap, just thought it was a worker raking the and trap , so hit my ball well ahead of him, I then start to put my driver away, and see him walking up to my ball , its a young kid , he winds up Hoofs my ball another 20 ft up the fairway, first reaction was let out a what the hell at the top of my voice, kid looks up, and runs down the fairway , its a par 5 with an island green, I then see an older guy, and what looks to be his granddaughter or something, well I walk up to my ball, look down the fairway and there just hanging out walking in front of the green, throwing stuff into the water, I probaly waited 5 mins , till they slowly walked back to there house justoff the hole there, I couldnt shoot because they were right in front of the green . Couldnt believe it, I knowthe older guy could see me , I really dont think the golf course is a playground for kids, especially when people are playing the course .. what you guys think

2- and second on thursday , was out playing , hit amazingly long drive , drew about 5 yards off the fairway ,ad I saw a guy walking his dog around the edge of the course , really thought nothing of it, until I seen him bend down in the area of my ball, really didnt think he would take the ball , but get up there , and to my surprise , no ball , like frick , $4.00 callaway hex black ball, gone . guy was already down the road, when I got up to where my ball was

any 1 else have simliar situations , also forgive grammar and spelling, typing this on my tablet

The same guy that I was talking about in my post, played someones ball in our group! He tried to do it to me on the first hole as well but I was thirty yards ahead of him off my drive, not sure how he got that mixed up.

Last summer I caddied for a group that was playing slowly, and the ranger came to give them their second warning on the 11th hole. It was such a funny conversation because the ranger told them if they didn't speed it up that he would kick them off the course. The guy I was caddying for just said no you won't. I paid $130 for this tee time. I'll play as slow as I damn please. The ranger just left. That was funny.

If it was funny, it's because the ranger didn't have the guts to back up his position. No matter what you pay for a tee time, you don't get the course for 4 1/2 hours or so, you get a moving window of time on the course. As soon as you slow down, you're using the time the person behind you paid for. If you want to take as much damn time as you want, than pay for as many damn foursomes as it takes to complete your round at a slow pace.

I'm sometimes a slower golfer (damn ball doesn't go where I want it to sometimes), but I recognize the course isn't mine, that narrow window of time to keep pace with my tee time is mine.

I play as a single quite often and get paired with great people for the most part, last week was paired with another single that lasered every shot.....when playing just off the edge of the green. Lets just say it was a slow day..

Slow play is really the only thing that gets me really agitated.

That's hilarious!! I don't know what I would do if someone told me that hahah:nono: But I do understand his point:angry:

I know a few courses near me he would have been thrown right off the course. Unfortunately some courses the rangers just have no power really because they are struggling or for whatever reason. But honestly that's part of the problem people have little or no respect for other golfers on the course anymore. He was obviously holding people up if he was given 2 warnings and he doesn't even attempt to pick up his play. Id be up his @$$ without hitting into him.

When its 90 degrees on a saturday and the course does not have the beer cart on duty that day. Or seeing the beer cart on hole 1 and then not for the rest of round. Or not seeing the beer cart all round then teeing off on 18 and then showing up.
0a2.jpg

What's a beer cart?

Seriously, never seen one.

Are they right in the line in front of you? Sounds like Darwin needs to make an appearance. The groups I play with all go to their balls but stay out of the way. We'll be in front of someone hitting a shot, but usually at least 15-25 yards out of the way. It makes for ready golf when you walk to your ball with clubs while others are getting ready to hit theirs. We also tend to not hit shanks or hosel rockets that could put anyone in the group in danger.

right in line? yes many times, either hitting, or scrutinizing their next shot. I have to yell "heads up guys" and they get the idea and step aside till we've had the chance to hit. Often, they'll be putting already as we're approching the green. When they're done putting, they head to the next hole before we're even done. He especially, is one of those guys that'll tap your ball back to you if you get within a couple feet of the cup and "give" you the putt. I'm thinking, "thanks a-hole, but I don't need your help"

I'm all about ready golf and typically play a 2-1/2 hour round when on my own or in a 2-some. When I'm with my wife we play in 3 to 3-1/2 hours. I'm not slow by any means and she'll pick up of it looks like she's doesn't have a chance in holing-out in less than double-par. She is a beginner but aware of etiquette and pace. I don't have any issue with someone heading to their ball to evaluate the next shot, but if someone is behind you, be aware of this, and step aside when the person behind is done with their pre-shot routine and is about to hit. Once the shot is taken, go back to your ball and play. I view golf as a relaxed game if it's not a points game or a tournament.

The other annoying part is their pre-shot routine. Once they finally address the ball, it's another 30 seconds of foot and grip adjusting before they swing. A bad tee shot results in pulling a ball from their pocket and re-hit...for crying out loud, if you're gonna take a Mulligan, let everyone else hit first. Once they get a playable shot out there, then it's off to the races and they act like they're being held up by everyone else. Theres also the shaved strokes, adjusting the lie, and his chronic fussing at her for swing errors. ("ya picked yer head up again...quit picking up yer head!!")

It's almost as if they forget they're playing in a foursome. I suppose I ought to just stop playing with them and quit fussing about it.

It's almost as if they forget they're playing in a foursome. I suppose I ought to just stop playing with them and quit fussing about it.

We had to "un-invite" one guy from a regular Sunday 4-some because of how frustrating he was to play with. He'd do some of the same stuff...take 3 or 4 tee shots, then pick the best one, walk in front of you, get real slow...etc. It became no fun, so I said I didn't really want to go out with him anymore. Others agreed. We tried to explain to him some of the etiquette stuff, but he would still walk in your line, not rake traps, not replace divots, hit the wrong ball....:banghead:

I wonder if courses could maintain an option to give prorated refunds to ejected slowpokes based on the number of holes played/remaining. Only if they raise a stink about things of course. Might help overcome that attitude.

I think that is in your best interest for enjoyment of the game. But if you want to try something else, when they're rushing off to the next tee shot without you finishing putting (which is very rude in itself), just continue to take your time, don't rush (don't be intentionally slow, but play at your pace). If they tee off, they can either wait for you, or they can go on without you. If they say anything, I'd say "I feel like we're slowing you down, why don't you just go ahead without us?"

If they cannot go ahead because they have to wait on the group in front of you -- then why rush on their account. Take your normal reasonable pace, their rush-rush-rush isn't gaining anything except bothering you.

Which brings us back to the your last point -- maybe you should stop being available when they want to play.

When its 90 degrees on a saturday and the course does not have the beer cart on duty that day. Or seeing the beer cart on hole 1 and then not for the rest of round. Or not seeing the beer cart all round then teeing off on 18 and then showing up.

Not have the water coolers out or filled on those days annoys me.

I think that is in your best interest for enjoyment of the game. But if you want to try something else, when they're rushing off to the next tee shot without you finishing putting (which is very rude in itself), just continue to take your time, don't rush (don't be intentionally slow, but play at your pace). If they tee off, they can either wait for you, or they can go on without you. If they say anything, I'd say "I feel like we're slowing you down, why don't you just go ahead without us?"

If they cannot go ahead because they have to wait on the group in front of you -- then why rush on their account. Take your normal reasonable pace, their rush-rush-rush isn't gaining anything except bothering you.

Which brings us back to the your last point -- maybe you should stop being available when they want to play.

thats kind of what w've done the last time this happened (let them go ahead) and we've pretty much stopped calling them to see if they want to play. sad, cause we like them in social situations and they are a great host/hostess for social events at their home. they'd both do anything to help someone out but it's like their personalities change on the golf course.....he becomes the embodiment of all things annoying to anyone. :confused2:

She has her quirks for sure (like we all do) but it's definitely more him than her. I've played with him in men's events and he does alot of the same stuff just not as bad. I make him ride with me in those situations so he's captive to the etiquette and pace of the group. He seems to be fine when that happens, you just don't want to let him drive the cart.

Playing with a guy later today who has a habit of giving "tips" to others that get paired up with us. We always play as a 2-some but on the weekends they'll pair us up with another 2-some normally. First green every time, if someone is past the hole he'll alert them that its downhill from there and they need to be careful. Next hole they'll have a downhill lie in the fairway and he'll tell them they need to try and stay down longer on the shot to hit it good. I'll just sit in the cart facepalming.

That can be annoying, I played with a guy yesterday who seemed nice at first but became really irritating. The guy was terrible but he insisted on giving people advice on how to hit, I am not saying I am great but when I hit three consecutive shots OB I am not giving people advice. He was one of those guys that blamed everything else for the shot not going where he wanted. He would put a 15 foot putt, 8 feet past and blame a bump or ball mark. Then he would just drop a ball and reputt while someone else was putting. He randomly started pulling clubs out of my bag and looking at them and then asking how much they cost, he thought my Razr X Forged cost $1500 dollars! On one hole I thought I hit my ball OB so I hit a provisional which was a great shot, he went and found my ball and picked it up just assuming I would want to take the penalty, when in fact my first ball was still in play and I could just punch it down to my provisional without penalty. Every time he hit the ball he was right into his cart and off to his ball, even if all three of us still had to hit. He was putting before we were all on the green, it was just really annoying. The funny thing is, he asked to join us, he could have easily gone ahead.

Ugh, that would just ruin my day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

People with bad putting etiquite. Today I played with the guy who stands looking directly down your line while you line up and stroke the putt. I was always taught to stay off to the side until the putt is hit and then walk in for a look at how the putt breaks if you want to.

Having literally 4 groups to a hole on the front 9 and the back 9 look like a ghost town.

People with bad putting etiquite. Today I played with the guy who stands looking directly down your line while you line up and stroke the putt. I was always taught to stay off to the side until the putt is hit and then walk in for a look at how the putt breaks if you want to.

I don't even do that with people I know actually

Got hit into twice today.....first time, looked back and raised my hands like "WTF?!" No fore, no nothing. Second time, picked up his ball, drove back to the tee asked who this ball belonged to, and laid him out with a two piece. I dont play that sh*t.

Back