Things That Irritate You On the Course?

People who don't repair pitch marks deserve to burn in Hell...own special category.

Course conditions which are less than adequate and not disclosed before a round are probably number one for me. Don't charge me the full rate if you just punched the greens or its cart path only. Don't put that notification on the starter, either....that's chickenshit. If I'm paying over $80 for a round the course better look like the website/brochure.

Marshals who do nothing to help pace of play are number two. Seriously bud, sack up and tell the group lining up every putt like it's the final round of the U.S. Open to step it up...especially if they consistently can't find the fairway before they finally find the green.

People playing from the incorrect tees are number three. Seriously, less than 10% of us should be playing from the tips, for very good reasons. In case you forgot, this game is supposed to be fun. It's already hard enough as it is. The game is much more enjoyable for most of us at 6000-6400 yards, or even less.

People in general (seeds on greens, cigar ashes, yelling, loud music, excessive drinking) is number four. Damn you people, this is golf...Seriously though, your green fees aren't a license to act like a buffoon. Part of the game is the etiquette. Keep the course in the condition you found it. Respect the game and other players and leave the poor beer cart girl alone.

Last edited:
Here's one I haven't seen mentioned. In league play, when you're riding in a cart while your opponents are walking. Don't hit your second shot and then drive to the green while they're still out in the fairway. That's really annoying. Stay back until everyone has hit their approach shots. Then go ahead and speed off to the green.

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned. In league play, when you're riding in a cart while your opponents are walking. Don't hit your second shot and then drive to the green while they're still out in the fairway. That's really annoying. Stay back until everyone has hit their approach shots. Then go ahead and speed off to the green.
Actually this is a great one. We have a guy in our league and we call him "the mosquito" because he's annoying as all hell and always buzzing around in his cart.
Also, he feels the need to drive ahead to everyone's ball and then drive back and report the lie to each of us. VERY annoying when he's your match play opponent.

Back