Votes: 15 23.4%
  • 215-224

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • 225-234

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • >235

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Don’t know the distance, but I dig your swing. Been working on shortening my backswing all year. Right now, a little bit more than half, but not quite 3/4. Has helped a 66 y.o. golfer with limited mobility still enjoy the game.

Oh I'm not ruining anything.

This has been an interesting little experiment. We're all pretty quick to make judgement based on what we see and information we have, accurate or not. So looking at the poll, AT BEST 3 out of every 4 people are wrong. And we're a fairly educated group of golfers. Says a lot to me about what the chances any assumptions we make of someone's swing/speed/distance actually being right are, based on just seeing it.

Oh I'm not ruining anything.

This has been an interesting little experiment. We're all pretty quick to make judgement based on what we see and information we have, accurate or not. So looking at the poll, AT BEST 3 out of every 4 people are wrong. And we're a fairly educated group of golfers. Says a lot to me about what the chances any assumptions we make of someone's swing actually being right are, based on just seeing it.
In all fairness, figured this was just for fun... kind of like guessing how many jellybeans are in a jar. I don't know how many golfers - educated or not - are going to be able to look at a video of a swing and know the resulting distance.

215-224...same as my 4 iron 😑🤣

In all fairness, figured this was just for fun... kind of like guessing how many jellybeans are in a jar. I don't know how many golfers - educated or not - are going to be able to look at a video of a swing and know the resulting distance.
It is. And you guys have been a lot more gentle that I expected. Lol I mean, aside from @Daluteh - my leg is not FLOPPY, and no pants can contain my calf power! :LOL:

But they do. Just about any video is met with critique and skepticism by the average viewer. That why I always support anyone who shows us their swing. It really puts you out there and people aren't generally kind. Same goes for seeing someone swing at the range without seeing a verifiable result.

And that's what encouraged this. I was at the range, working on shots with clubs that aren't familiar, and keeping things fairly constrained but moving the ball well. Doesn't take a lot (visually) for me to keep my speed up. There was a guy I know down the way who has an amazing looking swing. And he's a very good player. Has all the picturesque body positions though, is pretty fast, and it's really something to watch him swing. Young b@stard!! :LOL: Anyway, someone in understandable envy said something to him about how far he hits it, and that none of 'us' could ever do that. He pointed my way and said 'he hits it every bit as far as I do'. The face that guy made when saying NO! Lol... Really? was PRICELESS.

It is. And you guys have been a lot more gentle that I expected. Lol I mean, aside from @Daluteh - my leg is not FLOPPY, and no pants can contain my calf power! :LOL:

But they do. Just about any video is met with critique and skepticism by the average viewer. That why I always support anyone who shows us their swing. It really puts you out there and people aren't generally kind. Same goes for seeing someone swing at the range without seeing a verifiable result.

And that's what encouraged this. I was at the range, working on shots with clubs that aren't familiar, and keeping things fairly constrained but moving the ball well. Doesn't take a lot (visually) for me to keep my speed up. There was a guy I know down the way who has an amazing looking swing. And he's a very good player. Has all the picturesque body positions though, is pretty fast, and it's really something to watch him swing. Young b@stard!! :LOL: Anyway, someone in understandable envy said something to him about how far he hits it, and that none of 'us' could ever do that. He pointed my way and said 'he hits it every bit as far as I do'. The face that guy made when saying NO! Lol... Really? was PRICELESS.
I know you can golf your darn ball. From following you you hit it strait too. I am not surprised your swing is so compact based on that fact. Through the ball though you are cranking and you get a fantastic extension. Cool experiment here.

So seriously how far did you hit it. I am an actuary, I hate making an estimate and not finding out if I was right 😉

>235 carry easy

Back