fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
20200916_114243.jpg

This is sad. The pic above is what my second shot left me on the first hole yesterday. My drive of the first tee was down the right side of the fairway. Rangefinder showed 213 yds to the pin. Hit my #2 hybrid. The pic above shows where the shot ended up. Lieing two. I missed the birdie putt under the hole and ended up with par. This is just sad. (n) :laughing:

Flip side - seems like you had a great start to a round, solid first drive and follow up shot to land on the green. We all know putting is hard, but those other shots are hard as well. It stinks to miss a birdie but again on the plus side you had 3 of your 4 shots on your first hole do what you intended. Bravo good sir!

Last edited:
Time to buy a new putter:ROFLMAO:

Sad? Maybe. But great start to your round!

Great second shot!

View attachment 8963870

This is sad. The pic above is what my second shot left me on the first hole yesterday. My drive of the first tee was down the right side of the fairway. Rangefinder showed 213 yds to the pin. Hit my #2 hybrid. The pic above shows where the shot ended up. Lieing two. I missed the birdie putt under the hole and ended up with par. This is just sad. (n) :laughing:

Nice shot. Time to fire that putter though. 😈 You can send it to GoldenBuff up north via border collie express. We’ll re-train it

We feel your pain. I find that missed opportunities for birdies and par make me feel disappointed. And then I remember that a couple of years ago, I would have killed to be shooting par and even bogie holes. And I feel better :)

At least it wasn't what we call a TJ (that's me) special. That's a GIR and then 3 putt bogey. We tracked TJ specials in my men's league, I had 31 in my first 12 rounds.

I wouldnt call that sad, that's still no gimme. I'm ok if I miss it, but it's close. Still have confidence even if it doesn't drop. If i miss bas, that's another story.

But honestly, if i just landed one there from 200+, I'm still really happy with myself.

Great second shot. Yep get a new putter.

Great 4! That’s how I would look at it.

Last weekend I had a birdie putt just a little shorter than that one. I was playing in a foursome and had to watch one guy take three putts from the fringe, another guy three-jack from 25 feet and finally the third guy badly misread/mishit his from just a little farther distance than mine.

By the time I'd seen all that nonsense it felt like the hole had shrunk to about 1-1/2" in a diameter.

I just told myself, "Hit the stick with it" and rammed it in there. Great feeling to get a birdie early in the round. I went on to shoot 99 so the great feeling did not last long.

Time to stick with ONE putter

Fixed that.

Too many Betti's in one house. Time to break up the monopoly and let the rest get their shot at one. :p

Back