This may be an unpopular opinion but,

I agree that I don’t miss the idiots. But I do miss the roars and excitement and tension that comes with a large crowd. Can you imagine the screams if fans were present for Morikawa’s drive on the short par 4 last weekend? Or how about the weekend Morokawa and Thomas battled in the playoff when Thomas drained the 70 footer then Morikawa followed it with a bomb of his own to stay alive.

I'm with you half and half. As others have said, Waste Management and Masters with no fans would seem very weird and subdued, and would take away a lot of the atmosphere in my opinion. But those clowns who can't hold their beer and just want to scream stupid stuff to get on the TV are not missed one little bit, complete jackasses.

I certainly do not miss the idiots yelling, etc and do like the more intimate moments between players and player and caddy but do miss the roars that certainly have an impact on the players as well as act as a motivator for some. The Masters if it goes without fans will be really weird.

I like no fans for a purely selfish reason, we at home get a much better view of the course and I love seeing these courses. Many of them I will never get to play so it's cool to see what they are about instead of just seeing the fairway and then a wall of fans.

Exactly. Can you even imagine the roar that would have happened when Morikawa drove 16 and then holed the putt on Sunday? Would have been a borderline Tiger roar, I think.
I roared in my living room!

This is a good debate! Possibly the tour is having the same discussion. How to have the fans and not the idiots. It would be difficult to police. I will definitely miss the roars on Masters Sunday. Most of the players I’ve heard interviewed have expressed missing the fans as well. The electric atmosphere is not present after a good shot. Seems they miss the energy and vibes they get from the crowds. It’s a tough call to make. I’ll watch either way, both have their positive points!

No fans for me. It puts the focus on the game again.

For now, no fans at the European Tour events. But before Covid-19 hardly any 'mashed potatoes' or 'get-int-the-hole' shouts either. So events with fans and without those idiots shouting exist, only not in the USA it seems...

I miss the roars

don't miss the idiots yelling dumb stuff

I think we will miss fans in time. It is sterile. Why come to Greensboro NC year after year if nobody is attending. Just build a studio course and move the trees and bunkers each week.
We know a young guy who is on mini-tours and he speaks about how lonely it gets after several weeks in a row with nobody saying a thing.

I'm don't miss the fans. I won't miss the fans in the future. I don't miss the outbursts and stupid comments. WTF does mashed potatoes mean anyway?:ROFLMAO:

I don't miss seeing bits and pieces of beautiful courses in between waves of people.
I don't miss seeing the once gorgeous fairways and rough trampled and flattened from green to brown by masses of people.

I don't miss the crowds. You're not changing my mind. Don't @ me. Sorry. Not sorry.:ROFLMAO:

Agree. But, the Masters without the roars will be odd.

On the fence about this one... like the crowd amping up and the energy when someone is making a push. The players feed off it, and it comes through well on the TV. It's also fantastic to get to go experience tournaments!

The yelling and stuff can go away (except for the Waste Management tournament)....

I like it better also. I have found myself tuning in to more non-major tournament coverage than I have in the past and it is probably partly because of this.

While I want to see fans back on the PGA events eventually, and be one of those fans, the PGA tournaments haven’t missed a beat. It’s been great TV and fun watching/hearing the different takes without the fans blocking that out.

miss the roars, miss the energy you can feel through the TV

don't miss the loud obnoxious a-holes who love to go home to their buddies and say "did you hear that guy yelling BABABOOEY on 10? yeah, that was me. sweet, huh?"

I prefer the tournament without fans as well, but it isn’t because of what they are yelling. The course layout and some beautiful views are far more apparent when there aren’t thousands and thousands of people present

It is way better without fans. I enjoy being able to hear what the pros have to say.

It's more like practice than competition, I don't really consider anyone winning anything right now a true winner, zero pressure, just sort of an exhibition.

But it's better than no golf.

I like the attention to detail we get without the fans, and the conversations that are picked up between golfer/caddy or between golfers themselves.

I do think there is an energy guys can feed off that is there with fans, and lacking without. I don't miss the idiots screaming out dumb stuff...I do miss the crowd roars at times.

I'm in the no fans camp. I bet players matched with Tiger like it too, no big roars when he hits a shot. I also like the chatter between players that the mic's pick up. Don't get to hear that with fans present.

I haven’t missed the stupid comments one bit! The atmosphere and hype leaves something to be desired... but on the whole, I’m ok without.

Amen. I like seeing what the courses look like in their natural state without the huge galleries and I can certainly doing without the drunk idiots yelling things after every tee shot.

It's more like practice than competition, I don't really consider anyone winning anything right now a true winner, zero pressure, just sort of an exhibition.

But it's better than no golf.
Zero Pressure? LMAO!:ROFLMAO:

love the views around the green with no fans.

Back