I cannot accept your invitation to play this Saturday as I already have a tee time, but I am available next Saturday if you would like to join up for a round.

In other words, I am already playing on the 4th but do not have a game set up for the 11th.

The real question is. Is Sunday the beginning or the end of the week??? HAHAHA

This Saturday is the day after tomorrow, the next Saturday is the day after next Friday.😎

My Irish boss would say July 4th is Saturday and July 11th is Saturday Week. The dumbfounded look on my face the first time he said that made him laugh hysterically.

my southern wife says the same thing.

I think "Next Saturday" is generally accepted as Saturday of"next" week.

If it's during the current week it's just Saturday.

Adding "next" in front of it pushes it to "next week" unless you speak oddly and sneak in the word "the" before next. In that case it makes it the next Saturday coming up (which i have personally never heard).

This Saturday is next Saturday. The 11th is a week from Saturday.

The very next Saturday is this Saturday. The Saturday after that is next Saturday.

My head hurts. I'm going back to the divot thread. After I refill my bourbon glass.

RealPretendPsychic and his supporters are right, BTW.

The real question is. Is Sunday the beginning or the end of the week??? HAHAHA
Sunday is the end of the week. Don't try to steal Monday's thunder 🤣🤣

Next Saturday is.......Next Saturday. Unless I have my Saturdays mixed up. I know it's not Last Saturday.
While the 11th may be next Saturday, I would also argue that the 4th is the next Saturday.
the next saturday is this saturday, tho

+1
Depending on what you mean by "next". Seriously. If you mean the next one coming up, it would be 7/4. If you mean not this but the next, then 7/11.
That's why I see so many people confuse the term "next" when referring to a particular day of the week. Some people mean "one coming up". Other people mean "not this one but the one after."

To avoid confusion, I like some of you always say next Saturday (and give a specific date).

i’ve always said “this” referring to the upcoming, “next”referring to the one after the one upcoming
THis ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Incidentally, how could "this" Saturday EVER be considered "next" Saturday?? :unsure:

THis ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Incidentally, how could "this" Saturday EVER be considered "next" Saturday?? :unsure:

Next simply means the nearest in succession. Next Saturday is tomorrow. Saturday next week is the 11th.

I guess because it's the next Saturday that's going to happen from today. <shrug>

One of my friends is obsessively detail-oriented - if I tell him we're playing golf "next Saturday" at 8:00 am, it's going to lead to a ten-minute discussion - what time are we leaving, are we carpooling or driving separate, are we going to meet in the parking lot or the pro shop, are we going to the range beforehand, will we have time to chip and putt a little bit, who else is playing, what tees are we playing, what's the weather forecast, are we going to have lunch afterward, etc. And of course "Next Saturday - you mean this coming Saturday, or the Saturday after that? The 4th or the 11th?".

You asked on a Thursday if the upcoming Saturday was that Saturday, or the next Saturday...

Since today is Monday the 6th, there's a Saturday the 11th coming up. To me, it's this Saturday. It can also be said next Saturday because it is the upcoming Saturday in a perpetual line of Saturdays but it is the next one in line so it's usable.

Once the day is Saturday the 11th the next Saturday will be the 18th. At least that's how I look at it.:)

This Saturday is the 4th and next Saturday is the 11th? I would hate to learn English as a second language, but then again I’m still mastering it as my first.

I’m still TRYING TO MASTER it as my first.

There, I fixed it for you.............and...me and most everyone I know.:p

That would be this Saturday, next Saturday is 10 days away.

And I park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

English is silly

That would be this Saturday, next Saturday is 10 days away.

And I park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

English is silly
Some imponderables from the English language...
Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

If you are trying to fail, and you succeed, what result did you achieve?

Sorry for the tangent...

Some imponderables from the English language...
Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

If you are trying to fail, and you succeed, what result did you achieve?

Sorry for the tangent...
If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what's the opposite of "progress"?

Back