This Smells Like a Scam

aceinspace

Reaction score
Handicap
12 to 14
I was looking to upgrade my pushcart so I googled Clicgear and this website "Outsiden" is offering the brand new 4.0 model for $59.99. So I went on their website to investigate further because it seems too good to be true.

Red flags:

1. Obviously the low price. As I search on the website for other golf items they offer 4.0 model with varies colors so it is not an one off item.
2. All their merchandises (golf gear or otherwise) are between $50 and $70, no matter how cheap or expensive the items would normally retail. You cannot move the sliding bar on the price filter below $50 or above $70.
3. The address in WA state is a house on Google Maps.
4. The phone number listed, however, is not an WA area code.
5. Some of the photos for the goods are contorted.

Let's say if this thing is a scam does Google shut the website down? I haven't seen websites like these on the internet. Is this something new?

Obviously I didn't order anything.

They don't even come up in a Google search for me, and trying to directly access the side shows that "outsiden.com" is a domain which is for sale right now from bigdomains.com. I googled outsiden, then tried clicgear as you said you did - zero returns on them either way.

The url is https://www.outsiden.club

Then you can search for golf stuff within the site.

Anyway, I am not confident they are legit.

Chinese counterfeit garbage at best, outright scam at worst

A couple easy ways to tell are weird English and copypasted About Us descriptions

Found it. Very curious pricing indeed, and strange that they are currently having a Christmas sale. In April. And offering golf carts when it looks like their primary jam is weirdly priced home curios, hair accessories, womens clothing, etc. Their contact phone number returns to a woman's cell phone in Maybrook, NY. That whole site yells scam in capital letters.

[ETA:] Interestingly, there's a review at https://de-reviews.com/outsiden-club/ which lists all the other businesses which use that same address in Washington as their business address - and there are quite a few of them. Of that list, I looked at 99trending.com and their website template is very similar - along with the address being formatted/mangled in the same way (no space between number and street, no capitalization of street name).

Your intuition is good, they're not legit. Total scam, run away.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't chance it.

Step away from the keyboard!

Yeah, I’m not chancing it.

I added a cart to the basket and skipped to payment page.
They only take Mastercard as a credit card option. But they do take paypal. So in theory, if you wanted to throw out $50 to test it you would be backed by Paypal buyer guarantee. 99.99999% of the time they would side with you the buyer anyway.

BUt other than that, looks like a weird scammy / counterfeit goods site.

Not..a..chance..

As one poster put it, "Run. Fast."

trust your gut

Smells like a scam 150% it's a scam

The price alone would make me laugh and completely dismiss them.

Don't do it! If you want to give $50 away I can send you a good picture of a Clicgeer 4.0 for $49.95.:) And yes, the misspelling is intentional.(y)

If it’s too good to be true...

Just a quick google search & the first one that came up was this, so I would just run away.

outsiden.club is very recent (less than 6 months) It is usually a bad sign. Most scam web sites use new domain names. Registered on: 2020-03-16

outsiden.club has no mail server. This is a bad sign.

outsiden.club uses a free_email. avoid online shops that use free emails (e.g. gmail, hotmail,outlook)

HTTPS protocol detected. It protects users against man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks that can be launched from compromised or insecure networks.

outsiden.club is not popular

outsiden.club is suspected to be a source of SPAM

outsiden.club is using open cart platform
Online users are advised to stay away from the untrustworthy website because those who shop from it run the risk of receiving counterfeit goods or nothing at all.

It's still up. One of my credit cards allows me to generate a temporary number to use online. It's good for one purchase and one purchase only. So, no chance it could be compromised. Should I try it?

It's still up. One of my credit cards allows me to generate a temporary number to use online. It's good for one purchase and one purchase only. So, no chance it could be compromised. Should I try it?

Only if you don’t care if you lose your money, even for one transaction.

Only if you don’t care if you lose your money, even for one transaction.

Not sure how you could lose anything with a credit card. If you don't get the product, just dispute the charge.

I am getting increasingly skeptical of anything sold online these days that isn’t sold by a reputable seller.

I have bought 4 clubs on eBay in the last few months and they have been awful. They cover up flaws with lighting.

Going to stop buying clubs online from now on.

Not sure how you could lose anything with a credit card. If you don't get the product, just dispute the charge.

That is not always a fun process.

Back