This sucks, kind of...callaway X-20

If my golf pro got upset because I decided I didn't want something he made sound like a good deal and pushed me towards (they are $400 from Callaway, where's his deal?)...I would find a new golf pro.

It's your money and your clubs but I'd say no thanks and find something you are happy with. This game is so mental I couldn't imagine playing with clubs I wasn't confident in.

Check out Callaway Pre-Owned...some great deals to be had there.

If you have worked that hard to save the money then you have even more reason to cancel the order. You deserve to have a set of clubs that you want, and not a set of clubs you bought out of guilt because you didnt want to offend an instructor.

Car dealers do this kind of marketing all time. You make a couple of small concessions for people- go a little out of your way to help them... and they inturn will settle for something they arent 100% sold on just to "return the favor" of sorts.

IMO- Everything in your most recent post tells me that you should be cancelling the order.

I agree. You shouldn't feel guilty for canceling the order. The clubs aren't what you wanted. You deserve to spend your hard-earned money on clubs you like and will be confident in using.

Is there any way to tell the difference between the "old" and "new" X-20's? I'm looking at buying a set and want to know if there is any confirmation that Callaway actually changed these clubs other than yelling dudes claims...

Yelling dude here. Look on the sole of the club. If there is a bore-thru hosel, it's the real thing. If not, it's the Callaway made knock-offs.

Thanks guys, I'm finished killing myself over this topic. Lol. I don't want to tell my golf pro I don't want them because he already placed the order for me. I'm kind of new with this instructor and I don't want to get things off on the wrong foot. So, I'll just keep them. Maybe play them for a year and then sell them. I don't know. Here's what's hard about it for me: I worked so hard to save this money up. I have two kids, a wife, and a ton of bills. Plus, I'm also paying for a golf instructor, which is about sixty bucks a pop. I'm not complaining, but I'm not some rich guy. So for the last year, I've been saving all of my spare change (dollars too) and throwing it in a jar. And I'm just a stupid moron who should have kept his mouth shut. I was going to order the x22's from Rockbottom for 500 bucks! I was so bloody excited and I blabbed to my coach. I asked him if uniflex clubs were any good. Then, he said if I was ordering anything he'd cut me a deal. Plus, he'd add an extra half inch to the club and get them in a stiff flex. Then, the next thing I know, he texted me and told me that I could have the X20's for four hundred bucks. I didn't know they were so different. Just really, really disappointed in myself, is all. I guess I was just looking for people who had these NG things. And now it looks like I'm back to saving up again.

I'm sorry for the rant. I'm new on this board and don't want to wear out my welcome. So I'm finished complaining, wondering, pondering, etc. My pro is a great coach though. That's the important thing.

All is good.

Willybilly - Seriously, you are the consumer here. If you don't like them, or feel like you've been taken...cancel the order. If you don't like these clubs before you get them, you are going to resent them once you have them. You cannot seriously keep them and pay for them so that you don't hurt the instructors feelings...we're all grown ups here.

I don't know anything about these clubs, but if you've been saving up, get what you want...particularly since he didn't live up to any of the things he told you to get you to agree to buy these sticks (no extra length, no stiff shafts, not X22s...no deal at all).

The X-22s are great, never tried the others though.

I got to agree, Willy. Don't take or pay for them. He can send them back.

Hey, everybody, I canceled the order!!!!!!! I feel really, really, really bad about the whole thing. I'm quite a sensitive man, so I feel awful about it. I'm sure those clubs were great, but I waited and saved for too long for something I'd always feel weird about!

Good decision. You need confidence in your clubs to swing comfortably. Good luck on your continued search.

Good!!!

Now go out and get your dream clubs!

Congrats, you will not have the weight on your shoulders. You will feel better abuot your purchase now.

Hey, everybody, I canceled the order!!!!!!! I feel really, really, really bad about the whole thing. I'm quite a sensitive man, so I feel awful about it. I'm sure those clubs were great, but I waited and saved for too long for something I'd always feel weird about!

Good for you...take the time to try out some different sets and find something that works great for you. Good luck to you.

Re: This sucks, kind of...callaway X-20

Good move! Now go
Get something you'll love and not think about!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good for you willy! I just read thru this whole thread and was feeling horrible for you! like everyone said you are the consumer! fyi I'm 6'2" and had a set of Top Flite too and got tired of bending over to play golf so I got a set of Nike Slingshot 4D irons +1 and 2* up and love em. at 6'3" you need added length. I would get measured/fitted at a local golf shop and then go out and find the clubs that fit your body and your most comfortable with. as far as venting on the forum thats what its here for my man! welcome aboard and keep us informed of how the search and new purchase goes!

Thats funny- I'm 6'3" and when I did club fittings I was a static + 1/2. Actually hitting +1/2 i was always fat and had a really hard time getting the club to release- so I didn't get anything new cause i wanted money to get an instructor and I was better off with the off the rack length for the time being!

good for you willy! I just read thru this whole thread and was feeling horrible for you! like everyone said you are the consumer! fyi I'm 6'2" and had a set of Top Flite too and got tired of bending over to play golf so I got a set of Nike Slingshot 4D irons +1 and 2* up and love em. at 6'3" you need added length. I would get measured/fitted at a local golf shop and then go out and find the clubs that fit your body and your most comfortable with. as far as venting on the forum thats what its here for my man! welcome aboard and keep us informed of how the search and new purchase goes!

Willy - Good for you man. I'm sure your instructor was ok with it. Get out there and get the clubs that you want and that fit you. You might feel bad about it now, but believe me, once those x22's, or whatever you end up getting, come in you will be very happy you decided against the x20 ng's.

Keep us posted on what you end up with!!!

hey, sorry this is only my first post, but ive decided to pick up golf, i just received the x-20 ng's through online order today, ive only really ever played 27 holes, but been to the driving range more than a few, i was told by a course pro(and friend), pick up the x20's because they are easy to hit,really soft on the hands, and a good set to start out with, i also planned to have these clubs 5-10 years, depending on how much i get into golf or not, the pro got me an amazing deal at 330 dollars, when i opened the box, i almost **** my pants, no through bore, i thought instantly they were fake, did some research come to find out they are the NG's. so my question is, i havent hit them yet stil lhave plastic wrap on heads, should i send these clubs back? or do you think it wouldnt matter for a golfer like me? especially since i got a DEAL at 330, it might be worth keeping and playing them? any input helps, thanks.

hey, sorry this is only my first post, but ive decided to pick up golf, i just received the x-20 ng's through online order today, ive only really ever played 27 holes, but been to the driving range more than a few, i was told by a course pro(and friend), pick up the x20's because they are easy to hit,really soft on the hands, and a good set to start out with, i also planned to have these clubs 5-10 years, depending on how much i get into golf or not, the pro got me an amazing deal at 330 dollars, when i opened the box, i almost **** my pants, no through bore, i thought instantly they were fake, did some research come to find out they are the NG's. so my question is, i havent hit them yet stil lhave plastic wrap on heads, should i send these clubs back? or do you think it wouldnt matter for a golfer like me? especially since i got a DEAL at 330, it might be worth keeping and playing them? any input helps, thanks.

Really totally up to you. For that kind of money, I would personally rather have a high technology club that can be had such as the Nickent 4DX Cavitys, etc...

Really totally up to you. For that kind of money, I would personally rather have a high technology club that can be had such as the Nickent 4DX Cavitys, etc...
Exactly. I wouldnt return them based on whether you got a deal or not. I would return them based on how well they suit your game. Nickent is loved by most here on the board and if this many honest people love them, why not give those a shot. Some people cant get around that they dont see Nickent on the PGATour. But I doubt that is the case here.

I think some of you put way too much emphasis on the clubs in your bag. Are you really going to notice the difference between X-20s and X-20 NGs? Probably not. Be happy you got a good deal and go swing your new clubs and practice hitting the center spot.

Yelling dude here. Look on the sole of the club. If there is a bore-thru hosel, it's the real thing. If not, it's the Callaway made knock-offs.

thank you yelling dude.

to be honest with you, ive never even heard of them .. I guess i should have done more research... i will seriously check them out.

i did try the x-20's along with others, and for me the x20's were the easiest, i thought i ordered those.. i guess i was just looking for someone to tell me if these actually hit different and how then the x-20's in words, not a whole bunch of technology babble i dont understand. and i am kinda tight on cash paying for school and all

I think some of you put way too much emphasis on the clubs in your bag. Are you really going to notice the difference between X-20s and X-20 NGs? Probably not. Be happy you got a good deal and go swing your new clubs and practice hitting the center spot.

youre probably right a golfer as bad as i, i dont think any club would make a difference, just gotta get out there and practise

Back