This week's "Shaking Things Up" outing

Nuevo_eph

Reaction score
Handicap
With a fair amount of traffic on the first thread about playing from ladies tees I figured I'd post what my work group is doing each week for our informal 8 man outings. Chime in if you have any games going and give some feedback on how it went. I doubt I'm the only one who likes trying out new formats for the heck of it.

This week is a Scotch Foursome, meaning 4 two-person teams. Both players drive and select a ball. The player who hit the drive not chosen then takes the 2nd shot and shots are then alternated until holing out. I think it will be a nice and efficient take on 2-man scramble. The lessening of pressure on the drive will help us out, too, as all of us are 12-30 handicaps.

I'll post back with results.

Eph

My home course has three sets of tees on every hole. Now and then we start on the back tee on #1, move up a tee on #2, move up to the forward tee on #3, and then repeat all the way through the round, playing each tee six times. It really mixes things up.

As a follow-up, this was a fun idea and worked out to a pretty fast and evenly matched competition. I recommend it.

No-putt round

No-putt round

Ok for this week we are doing something a little weird thanks to the aerification and top-dressing starting today:

"No putt golf. Let's play each hole like the whole green is a cup. In other words, if 50% or more is off the fringe and onto the green it counts as holed.

I think I'll finally get to ace a par 3!"

Ok for this week we are doing something a little weird thanks to the aerification and top-dressing starting today:

"No putt golf. Let's play each hole like the whole green is a cup. In other words, if 50% or more is off the fringe and onto the green it counts as holed.

I think I'll finally get to ace a par 3!"

Not fair as I had to slam dunk my first ace into the hole. :D

Not fair as I had to slam dunk my first ace into the hole. :D

I don't know, I bet I have only a 50-50 chance of landing the green with the way my irons have been lately. You might be safe!

Back