Thomas vs. Spieth

Thomas. He will continue racking up W's while Spieth is still trying to figure it out. I believe Thomas will equal or exceed Spieth's major count when their careers are done.

If I had to choose today, I'd say that JT has a better mental makeup to have the better career, but Speith does have those majors. If he can get it rolling again he could change my mind real quick.

That said, I enjoy watching both of them.

JT all day. Longer, stronger & the mental make up to handle the ups & downs of Majors, now. JS is chasing something, length, and has no clue how to find it. He might get it back but he's a long ways from it.

Spieth.

It’s easy to kick a guy when he’s down. It’s laughable to write off someone who won 3/4 a grand slam by 24. Spieth is struggling right now but he’s too talented to stay there forever. He’s already proven that his best (3 majors) is better than JTs best (1 major) he can do it again.

End of the day is interesting. I think Thomas has the better career going forward. Heck I still say Reed has a better career than Spieth going forward. None of that should be an insult though as there is a ton of talent involved in the conversation.

It's going to come down to how you grade the career right? If Spieth finds lightning in a bottle this week and wins to complete the Grand Slam, does that mean JT needs to do that to have the better career? Even if say he ends up with double the career wins and throw in some other majors? It's why when we talk full career, Spieth can really cement his careers work with just 1 more victory.

IF JS never gets that PGA win, JT will have the better career.

Both 27. Thomas a couple of more victories, Spieth a couple more majors. At the end of the day who will have the better career?
Thomas. No doubt about it.

JT at the moment for sure

Everyone saying that JS is on the decline, just look at Tiger. No one thought he would win again, let alone another Major

I think it will be closer than most are giving Spieth credit for. He has incredible game, but hasn’t been able to put it back together. If he get to that point again, he’s a threat everywhere.
Though I do think JT is better, and of course I have to root for the Louisville guy.

I'm making a list and checking it twice come time. I actually really like JT so not gonna say anything bad about him here. Would love to see these 2 battle it out in many majors down the road.

similar thoughts. I think JT playing well is a good thing for Spieth.

I thought Spieth playing well might be good for Smylie too. 😂

Look there is talent and there is lightning in a bottle. Smylie used his 15 minutes of fame perfectly and set himself up for life.

As it stands? I hardly think it's even worth discussion. JT is trending upwards at worst, and Spieth is coasting in a lull (which I'd love to see him jump out of).

When he does, I think this conversation gets WAY more entertaining.

As it stands? I hardly think it's even worth discussion.
Correct. I mean after his 3rd win of this season, vaulting him to #1 in the World, and Spieth is outside the Top 60? Not really a fair time to make this. Again JT vs. Rahm or Bryson then it would be more of an argument.

Alas...Spieth still has the 3 Majors. Hope he finds something.

Correct. I mean after his 3rd win of this season, vaulting him to #1 in the World, and Spieth is outside the Top 60? Not really a fair time to make this. Again JT vs. Rahm or Bryson then it would be more of an argument.

Alas...Spieth still has the 3 Majors. Hope he finds something.
Off topic, but I think both JT and Jordan have better careers overall than Bryson, when it's all said and done.

It would make it real interesting for Jordan to return to form - he and JT would be a fun rivalry to watch!

Back