Thoughts - Acu-Strike Training Matt?

Misike

Live in the Present
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have any experience with this? Or just some general thoughts. It looks kind of cool, but not sure if I’d take the jump and spend $60.

The turf on the matt lays over to show you what your swing path was, etc..

I really like the idea. I wouldn’t mind spending the money. I don’t think I’d use it all the time on the range or net. However I think feedback is needed when working on ones swing.

I really like the idea. I wouldn’t mind spending the money. I don’t think I’d use it all the time on the range or net. However I think feedback is needed when working on ones swing.

Since my range is closed, I’ll be using a net in the backyard, and I think this will help provide some feedback since I won’t be able to see ball flight.

Since my range is closed, I’ll be using a net in the backyard, and I think this will help provide some feedback since I won’t be able to see ball flight.
I think you will need to fasten it to what ever you hit off of but that shouldn’t be a problem. I notice in the add it looks like nail in the ground.

Well, went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. $55, worth a shot. Especially since I’ll probably be in the backyard on the hitting net more than usual this year.

Also considering this to add to my indoor mat. If the quarantine goes into May, I am buying myself this gift.

Also considering this to add to my indoor mat. If the quarantine goes into May, I am buying myself this gift.

Once I have in hand, I’ll post some thoughts. I ordered yesterday and it shipped today. From Pennsylvania, so I should have it in a few days tops.

Interested to know if it works. I've seen the commercial for it.

I would like to know the answers as well. The concept makes sense, just don't know how well it works.

I would like to know the answers as well. The concept makes sense, just don't know how well it works.

I’ve only used it in the backyard, and not on full swings yet, but so far it looks promising. Even swinging without the ball, it showed me having an out to in path, which I think was accurate. My driving range opened today, so I hope to get it out there to test out with some full swings.

I’ve been looking at getting one but there is a thread on that “other forum” that mentions some poor customer service and quality control. I’m in a holding pattern until I see some more reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda wanted to revive this thread a little. So I have one of the indoor model mats. I do like it but not too hit balls off-sorta, I will explain. My reasoning is the indoor mat is really thick and a little elevated and imo if you don't stand on a mat for your stance to equal its height off the ground (bottom line your feet need to be level with the mat) it may produce patterns not really true due to the off-set (mat above your foot line).

So I use mine (indoor mat) for path (the divot pattern its produces from the club coming through impact). It does easily give you a visual of where you are entering the turf/mat. I have a drill I use for chipping and pitching swings and this mat gives great feedback with the divot pattern to help explain why the ball went a certain direction. I highly recommend it for indoor chips/pitches with foam balls to a little chipping net or other target.

Regarding the outdoor model, I have seen a few guys at a driving range with one and IMO it's the one to hit balls off. I have done full swings with like a seven iron on my indoor model, but I worry about the durability from hard/faster swings from the longer clubs. So I prefer to just use mine for chipping and pitches with foam balls indoors. I am interested in acquiring the outdoor model as that looks like a great aid to take outdoors on the range/course.

I've used a variety of mats from the cheapest to "real feel". One of the best values was what used to be called Monster Mat. They had various sizes from simple hitting strips to 4 x 6 and larger where you stand on. Many say that due to the "bounce" factor of mats, you can hit fat and still have a good shot. This Accu-Strike Matt appears to allow you to see where you are hitting in relation to the ball position since there are several markings and arrows. I may be interested but need to know more of the durability.

I just got a backyard hitting net, and have hit a few hundred balls off of (the thin one, outdoor mat), and so far it's holding up. Initially, it showed I had an out to in swing path, which i was able to correct and see results. Not bad so far, for $35 or whatever I paid for it. I'll report back as I use it more.

I just got a backyard hitting net, and have hit a few hundred balls off of (the thin one, outdoor mat), and so far it's holding up. Initially, it showed I had an out to in swing path, which i was able to correct and see results. Not bad so far, for $35 or whatever I paid for it. I'll report back as I use it more.

any updates?

I didn't use it much on my outdoor range, but probably hit around a thousand birdies balls off of it this summer, and it still seems to be holding up. I didn't really use it anymore for swing correcting, since I got into a pretty decent groove this summer and just went with it. I'm done now until March or April, so we'll see how rusty the swing is this spring, and if the this mat can help diagnose any issues.

Back