Thoughts on GolfPass

maxw72

Reaction score
Handicap
So as I sat and watched The Taylormade match this afternoon I saw the ads for Golfpass. Has anyone used it? I'm currently a player who loves golf but could use all the help I could get as my goal is to break 90. What are your thoughts on how good it is for a higher handicap player such as myself? I'm sure that every video they could offer me could be found on Youtube with a little searching but I believe part of my issue is that I do so much searching on Youtube for help with my game and I find that everyone teaches something different. I'm thinking that maybe finding a "coach" that teaches everything and modeling my swing and practice after that is what could help? I know going to a local coursed and working with a pro there and getting lessons is probably a better option, but it just isn't in the budget for probably a few years. Thanks in advance everyone!

GolfPass bought the rights to Revolution Golf, a year or two ago, if memory serves. Some of the Revolution Golf stuff I enjoyed, some I really hated. Martin Chuck resonated with me in a way that Andrew Rice didn't. At the end of the day, I got more from my swing working with a coach at a club then listening to folks on streaming videos. Having real feedback helped me way more.

I understand that's not in your budget, so would suggest maybe try it a month and see? You'll find basically the same thing out as in YouTube - everyone has a different style and approach to teaching.

My advice, to avoid getting way too twisted around by conflicting and different teaching methods is to find someone that has a style that makes sense to you and stick with them..

You may want to take a look at the TourStriker PlaneMate. It's a bit pricey, but it might be the first training device (with videos) that I've seen that gives really good feedback for your swing. Something like a Blast Motion (was on sell for $75 earlier) could also be good to give some feedback. I found it very difficult translating what you see on the videos to how to apply it in your swing without the feedback

Not so sure $99 a year is a good investment. At least for me. I would rather spend it on lessons

I don’t see any value in GolfPass at all. Even if it’s not in your budget, don’t waste your money on random videos with “deals” on equipment and travel.

If you’re looking for lessons that are more affordable, I’d suggest finding a coach you like online and do virtual coaching. They’re usually more cost effective and you don’t have to limit yourself to golf coaches near you.Skillest is the app that comes to mind but there’s a bunch

Has anyone seen that NBC Golfpass and Rory McIlroy are being sued for IP trademark violations?

Was a full member for couple years this year went with video only monthly like 5 bucks really like that Coner Moore weekly show and some of the series
the full membership really was of no use really didn’t use tee time discounted reservations and that dozen golf balls they send

Back