Thoughts on orange whip?

Going with the consensus here. SKLZ is good stuff. Use it as a warm up aid and to get your tempo down. Also good to use it during range practices if you feel your swing is starting to get out of sync.

Anyone compared the 2? Really want to get one but if I can get the SKLZ for almost $50 less and not lose a lot then it's worth it.

I did the amazon sklz also :). Send it back on them if I don't think it helps.

has anyone regripped either of these models?

Pondering an orange whip, to help with tempo.

A friend of mine swore by his, sadly he sold his.

Might have to find one!

The Orange Whip is great and worth every penny! Do a search and you'll find a few threads about it...

I have no idea of what an orange whip is, but if it's anything like cool whip, I'm all for it.

Yep just pulled the trigger on one from Amazon. $55 at the very least it will be a great warm up tool!
will have to check it out when you get it. might be in the market for one myself!!!

I am not usually one for gadgets and training aids but this could be one that I have a look at, especially if it helps with tempo, as this is the one thing that I really want to get sorted this year and have it become an automatic part of my swing rather than a conscious effort

Might have to find one!

I'll be getting one of these soon, the reviews are very favorable, and are to help improve the things I'm currently working on. Probably get the sklz one.

Not sure if it was a one day shot or not, I will try to check it out Ricky.

I like mine. It definitely helps with stretching and gives a good workout if you use it for more than a few minutes.

has anyone regripped either of these models?

Yes, I regripped my Orange Whip, as the stock grip was too small (as was my replacement so I need to do it again) - rather easy:

- Unscrew the counterweight to expose the threaded bolt. Did not need to use too much force
- Measure the diameter of the bolt.
- Use a hole-cutting drill bit of the same size to cut a hole in the new grip (use the existing hole as your starting point with the bit and go slow)
- Apply grip with solvent and tape as you would normally.

I normally apply grips with blue painter's tape and air, but this does not work for the the Orange Whip. When I called the company to ask about gripping this club, they said they actually use air themselves now (did not always in the past), but they have a custom tool to account for the bolt.

I don't know the size of the grip on the SKLZ product or if it's counterweighted. But if you need a bigger grip and are a little handy, easy to put your favorite on the Orange Whip.

Late to this one, but I picked one up a while ago and really liked it. Helped with tempo and not having a real herky jerky swing that sometimes creeps in.

But I moved to a small condo and didn't have any space so sold it for almost what I paid for it. If I had a place to swing it without hitting my TV/stereo/toilet then I will pick one up again.

So which length did you'all get? Is there any advantage to the longer one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts on orange whip?

The longer one is supposed to replicate driver and the shorter one irons.

I have the longer one from SKLZ.

What is the supposed benefit to the orange whip counter balance? Earlier someone pointed out it was the primary difference between the two. Anyone swing them H2H?

Did you ever figure out if your going to get a Orange Whip?

Might have to find one!

couldn't resist...

seems like a excellent training aid....have only seen great reviews of the OW and that is really unheard of these days in training aids. Guess im gonna have to pick one up.

What is the supposed benefit to the orange whip counter balance? Earlier someone pointed out it was the primary difference between the two. Anyone swing them H2H?

I believe P4B has an orange whip and I have a sklz so there is a chance both will be in Dallas the end of February, maybe we can do some investigative journalism and put them up against each other?

Back