Thoughts on orange whip?

I believe P4B has an orange whip and I have a sklz so there is a chance both will be in Dallas the end of February, maybe we can do some investigative journalism and put them up against each other?

Sounds good, I'll hold of the purchase till you finish this "investigation" =)

I try to use the orange whip before I leave home for every round. Really helps with sequencing, timing and tempo.

Personally...it completely changed my life...I hit shots fat consistently to the point of dislocating ribs. Another range hero at my club let me try his...I immediately purchased one and rarely hit the ball fat anymore. Totally overhauled my tempo and release....I take 15 to 23 swings with it before starting my iron practice...I have the mid length...it's worth every penny! its never ever coming out of the bag :clapp:

KwBTspM.jpg

You're killing me (and my wallet) with these reviews Carnage :D

Use mine constantly. Great for warming up.

I've used one. Considering making a purchase

These comments are so positive I am going to have to pick one up.
Did see Ebay had some of the 48" SKLZ for around $60, only a few though.

These comments are so positive I am going to have to pick one up.
Did see Ebay had some of the 48" SKLZ for around $60, only a few though.

I think amazon is cheaper than that, at least last time I looked.

I think amazon is cheaper than that, at least last time I looked.

Thanks, will have to check that out. I always forget about Amazon.

My biggest problem is that I can't consistently translate the dynamic momentum driven backswing that I can make with an Orange Whip (or any momentum swing trainer) into a good backswing from a static setup.

I think the problem with the OrangeWhip and you is that the whip can't handle your POWER!!!
My biggest problem is that I can't consistently translate the dynamic momentum driven backswing that I can make with an Orange Whip (or any momentum swing trainer) into a good backswing from a static setup.

I think the problem with the OrangeWhip and you is that the whip can't handle your POWER!!!

I can't handle my "power" :) BTW: Here's my secret. I call it the Orange Whisk. I keep one by my machine at work at all times.

Do0XlAF.png

I need to put one of those in my bags.
I can't handle my "power" :) BTW: Here's my secret. I call it the Orange Whisk. I keep one by my machine at work at all times.

Do0XlAF.png

Do0XlAF.png
Thanks for the reality check. I often take my 'orange whisk garage model' out to the back yard to work on my swing. Use it out there as a swing trainer more than I do in the garage. Might be more versatile than either an Orange Whip or SKLZ. Helps with bat speed too!

I think the Orange Whip is a great tool to teach timing and feel. The heavy broom I use at work is great for stretching out my back and shoulders, and is good for working on leg driven acceleration through the ball, but might not be so good for timing and feel. Plus, I can quickly look like I'm doing something productive with a broom, which might be kind of hard with the Orange Whip.

I went to. PGA SS today and tried both of these out. The Orange Whip definitely felt like it was more substantial and I loved the counterbalance aspect of it. It is obviously more expensive but I am really glad I tried them both out before making a purchase.

I went to. PGA SS today and tried both of these out. The Orange Whip definitely felt like it was more substantial and I loved the counterbalance aspect of it. It is obviously more expensive but I am really glad I tried them both out before making a purchase.

Did u pick it? Or have decided on one?

Did u pick it? Or have decided on one?

Yeah I bought the Orange Whip. But to be honest, if someone is looking to save some money or just can't afford it, the SKLZ version is fine.

The driver or iron one...I believe the shorter one is called the gold. Either was u will love it...did u get a change to get the putter one out?

The driver or iron one...I believe the shorter one is called the gold. Either was u will love it...did u get a change to get the putter one out?

I toyed with getting the mid length (iron) version but went with the driver version. They did not have the putter version there.

Nice:thumbup:

bought the iron sized one today and love it! I havnt played golf in some time and really needed to get that feeling that the OW provides. I have played titleist dci 990since 2001 and there not a very easy club to hit when ur not on ur game. I was just pounding them today and just killing my 3 and 4 iron which mean Im on it.

Back