Thoughts on orange whip?

I have mine stuffed in my bag with two alignment sticks. Love the orange whip for warming up. Lately I have to be careful letting people swing it. Everyone seems to love to hit the ground with the orange ball. It's turning into a green whip with all the grass stains on it.

Lol. I think swinging this pre round will be a big benefit for my game. I imagine using it during practice but it could be very valuable for rounds where I can't hit a few balls before teeing off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

... but it could be very valuable for rounds where I can't hit a few balls before teeing off.

You nailed it right there. They have a video on the orange whip site of a warm up routine to go through, it's really quick and it gets your muscles ready for that first shot when you had no time to hit balls. I'm the king of double bogeys on the first hole but since the orange whip I've been hitting off the tee really well. Makes that first swing a body rotation swing vs my normal "first tee" arm swing =).

Are those specific drills promoted by OW, elsewhere or something you came up with on your own? Where can I get more info?

Those are the suggested ones that are in the pamphlet that came with the trainer. Easy starting point. Tried more reps but I lost the the rhythm and balance it promotes. Only con with the device is the size of the grip and the inability I see of changing it if it ever gets worn or want another style or size. I wish the ball on the end had a screw in it for removal to do that change if you wanted. Other than that, I see it being the warmup device I need, so getting off the first tee will be smoother this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I picked one up and put it to use today. I was skeptical. I'm convinced. It just works.

After thinking about it WAY too long, I am ordering one of these tonight! I cannot wait to start using it. I am ordering the driver length version.

After thinking about it WAY too long, I am ordering one of these tonight! I cannot wait to start using it. I am ordering the driver length version.

You'll enjoy it. You really will.

I've been taking 10-20 practice swings with it for a few days now. I am noticing that I can take a more full turn. That's pretty cool.

I love mine. I have the sklz version, but my tempo is so much better now.

There were a lot of folks picked up an OW or Skilz over the past few weeks/months, what about some updates....?

There were a lot of folks picked up an OW or Skilz over the past few weeks/months, what about some updates....?

Had mine longer than that, but I'm still using mine weekly. Usually get some practice swings in with it a couple of nights a week and I use it to loosen up in the parking lot at the course.

I use the hell out of mine. Every night out in the yard and as a warmup before I hit balls too. I'm really pleased. Its helped me with my balance in the swing a lot I feel like.

I have mine in my golf room still and use it allot for tempo work as well as just warm up swings.

Definite ponder. I have swung the skillz at academy and really feel a good pause at the top that I like. "Fathers Day".

swing your swing

I use it to warm up. I like how it lengthens my turn and reinforces tempo. I wonder if it is flattening my swing though. Overall I like it.

This still impresses me in how well it can get you back on tempo. Plus it stretches you out, I will just grab it at the end and swing it around me to loosen up my back.

In the yard, all the time. Has grooved me out real well, and I can tell on the course when tempo is off way better than before.

Just ordered one today with $25 off and free shipping.

This still impresses me in how well it can get you back on tempo. Plus it stretches you out, I will just grab it at the end and swing it around me to loosen up my back.

I swing it lefty all the time to stretch. Love it.

I've had mine a couple of weeks now and love it. I use it to warm up and will swing it during the round if I feel like my timing is a bit off.

I've had mine a couple of weeks now and love it. I use it to warm up and will swing it during the round if I feel like my timing is a bit off.

I didn't think you could use it during "official" rounds or is that something else I've picked up wrong?

I picked up the skillz version, local Dicks sporting goods had a training aid sale, $47 I couldn't pass it up.

I picked up the skillz version, local Dicks sporting goods had a training aid sale, $47 I couldn't pass it up.

That's a steal!

Have had mine a few weeks. Have to still get into a routine with it but I like the feel when swinging it.

I didn't think you could use it during "official" rounds or is that something else I've picked up wrong?

I believe that is true. I remember an LPGA player getting DQ'd for using one of those weighted donuts. I'm just talking practice rounds. It would definitely be illegal for me because it would be my 15th club.

Back