THP and Work, How Do You Balance?

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I do most of my THPing at work. Lately, I've found myself spending more and more time on THP. How do you balance work and THP?

And we wonder why were are in an economic downturn...

carefully. I leave the forum up in its own tab. I then check every 20 mins or so. That way I can take a small break and refocus.

And we wonder why were are in an economic downturn...

He's in Canada. He is too polite to be in a downturn. Be thankful for Alberta, Canada. The good ole USA gets a ton of oil and gas from that part of the world.

It's easy for me. I am either home or driving to an appointment (or to another appointment or back home!). So while I am "working" I cannot be on THP.

I'm in the same boat. I leave thp in its own window while I am at my desk, and take a break from the paperwork I am doing every 20-30 mins or so just to keep me sane.

I try to check during lunch time. If I kept the site up all day, I wouldnt get anything done. Moderation is best for me at work.

carefully. I leave the forum up in its own tab. I then check every 20 mins or so. That way I can take a small break and refocus.

I'm in the same boat. I leave thp in its own window while I am at my desk, and take a break from the paperwork I am doing every 20-30 mins or so just to keep me sane.

That's usually the name of the game. Check in every so often. Sometimes it gets carried away. There's been lots to look at lately!

I actually have a test computer that is on a completely separate network than my work computer and basically I'm able to open THP and leave it running over in the corner of my cubicle where I can see it while I sit and work from my work computer. But one nice thing about my job (System Admin in I.T. for a hospital) is that some days things just run well and we don't have too many issues coming in, frees me up nicely. Then there are days like Tuesday this week when I barely even got to log onto THP at all.

P4B you have a similar job to me! I do the exact same thing. When we don't have system releases or big issues I'm usually able to get my THP on. Going through all we are at work lately, I get my THP on anyway haha.

Lately we don't have too too much but it's gonna change very soon.

I actually have a test computer that is on a completely separate network than my work computer and basically I'm able to open THP and leave it running over in the corner of my cubicle where I can see it while I sit and work from my work computer. But one nice thing about my job (System Admin in I.T. for a hospital) is that some days things just run well and we don't have too many issues coming in, frees me up nicely. Then there are days like Tuesday this week when I barely even got to log onto THP at all.

Well as a retiree........

P4B you have a similar job to me! I do the exact same thing. When we don't have system releases or big issues I'm usually able to get my THP on. Going through all we are at work lately, I get my THP on anyway haha.

Lately we don't have too too much but it's gonna change very soon.
If you were to happen to send me a job offer I'd be crazy not to at least consider it you know. :wink:

Well also being a retiree, my main problem is breaking away from the golf course or gym to work in my THP time. It's a tough job.

Well also being a retiree, my main problem is breaking away from the golf course or gym to work in my THP time. It's a tough job.

:rofl:

I'm suppose to be working? I just thought they paid me to sit in my office all day and surf THP?!

No, in all seriousness, I admit that my time on THP has on occasion taken over at work, but it is only on days when I'm really bored (or just waiting around a job site like today). Other days, I don't even open it except at lunch or my mid afternoon 20 minute mind break. If I had it open all day, I really would get no work done.

I'm suppose to be working? I just thought they paid me to sit in my office all day and surf THP?!
No, in all seriousness, I admit that my time on THP has on occasion taken over at work, but it is only on days when I'm really bored (or just waiting around a job site like today). Other days, I don't even open it except at lunch or my mid afternoon 20 minute mind break. If I had it open all day, I really would get no work done.

Livin' the dream Mary!!

+1 but somehow I manage to balance it out. The tough part can be at home where I take some of my 'real job' stuff home with me and balancing that work with my THP work can be tricky but I manage to get it all done. Whether it's right or good is a different story but it all gets done

Mostly at work or when I'm on my vanpool. I'm mostly bored at work so this helps pass the time :)

I do most of my THPing at work. Lately, I've found myself spending more and more time on THP. How do you balance work and THP?

A: Be busy to the point of insanity. Also aren't you the boss of some people? Go bother them and make it look like your doing something productive heh.
B: Recall that THP doesn't pay you to browse the site (unfortunately hahaha)
C: Like others have mentioned, keep it in it's own tab and check in every once in awhile

P4B/Yoccos: If you every need an IT project manager to help you out I like flying places hahah

Back