THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

that course looks sick, thanks for the pics. Looking forward to more pics and stories.

Love the pics, and can't wait for some recaps and player pics to come in. Sounds like an amazing time, as all THP events are.

Ok so I've had some time to look back on all this so I figured I would post my recap. This was my first official THP Event and it will sit with me for a long long time. I've never met such a great group of guys. Not just the guys I played with, but every single person I spent the last three days with. We all saw some amazing shots and some not so amazing shots, but there was nothing but encouragement and good vibes from everyone the entire time. And that's extremely rare in today's world. Before I get too far into this, I wanna thank Josh, Morgan and Deano for setting this amazing weekend up. It was 100% awesome the entire time. Josh, it was great to meet you and I'm glad I didn't let you down on the first tee :).

To Lighteningbolt44, T0AD and Golf3rguy, purgatory was a blast! The course totally ate me up and I'm sorry we spent so much time looking for my ball lol you guys were awesome playing partners and it was great playing with you guys. T0AD, the way you pound the ball absolutely amazes me. Unreal. I'm impressed.

The meet and greet was the first place I got to really shoot the breeze with most of the guys. And I had a blast thanks to the 100oz of Angry Orchard that no one except Canadan wanted to help me with. That dinner was an awesome way to cap the day off.

And then there was Saturday morning. Most of the guys had asked Friday and at the range Saturday if I was nervous being the first off the tee for the event. And honestly, at the time, I wasn't. But once we were at the putting green and Josh called everyone over to the tee box, I almost forgot to bring a ball with me I was so nervous. I've never been so scared to hit a shot in my life. But honestly that's a memory that I will always have. Thank god I hit a good one down the middle.

Darren K, you were an awesome partner and we played so solid on the back. I'm sorry I didn't do more on the front to help our cause, but we both played well and got to witness something pretty cool.

Mike and Derek, congrats!!! Its pretty cool we got to witness you guys tear up The Fort. Derek you played so well and it seemed like you and Mike played it so perfect. One of you were always there to pick up your partner no matter the situation. Very impressive.

Dinner Saturday night was awesome. Great food and one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time. Coers ate SIX pieces of cheesecake. His reason? He was hungry. Well done brother.

Dave and Busters after dinner was such a blast! Beers, video games and 30 THPers is such a great combo. Four person air hockey, two pucks and THPers is not such a great combo.

To Bullfrog, Winchell and CaptainCaution. Thank you for being an awesome group at the weekends best course (just my opinion).

Sorry this was long winded but there's so much more I could say about how awesome this weekend was.

Nothing like sharing a round with THP'rs is there PhillyV? Glad you had such a great time.

JM

Nothing like sharing a round with THP'rs is there PhillyV? Glad you had such a great time.

JM

I'm lucky to live by a few of them. And I've been to area get togethers. And those were awesome. But there's nothing like a THP Event

Just some quick thoughts as I wait for my delayed flight:

1. Indy invitational was AWESOME

2. CJ is hilarious

3. Despite what people say, Dean brothers are good people

4. Rob Dean has a knack for hitting every red light in Indiana

5. Dhartman's back is really sore

6. Canadan can spin the covers off of golf balls and its contagious

7. Where is PhillyV?

8. GregDan's calves are on fire right about now

9. Had a blast riding with xthor on saturday (happy to be your first event cart buddy)

10. Been at the airport 2 hrs and flight delays for another 4? Should have played 36 at Prairie View

more later. ..

2. CJ is hilarious

7. Where is PhillyV?

9. Had a blast riding with xthor on saturday (happy to be your first event cart buddy)

10. Been at the airport 2 hrs and flight delays for another 4? Should have played 36 at Prairie View

more later. ..

Safe travels home buddy! It was an honor meeting Santa Kang haha your a great guy and awesome THPer. I can't thank you enough for that little "jolt" to my game ;)

Get home safe Kang. I can't wait to tee it up with you again.

2. CJ is hilarious

7. Where is PhillyV?

more later. ..

Kang glad I finally got a chance to meet you and put a face with the name.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Kangs flight got bumped back up so he might actually leave on time now. I am about to board. Before I go, F U Indiana and your cotton wood. Haha

Flights back on schedule. Wtf it must be a miracle. Well either way I am alone at the airport now. Need to go pee but the restrooms are so far down the terminal. Hmmm. Restroom or coldstone?

Flights back on schedule. Wtf it must be a miracle. Well either way I am alone at the airport now. Need to go pee but the restrooms are so far down the terminal. Hmmm. Restroom or coldstone?

Cold stone and then use the empty cup :)

Obvious choice. Your bladder is 2nd ; )

Glad it worked out...see ya in 8 weeks

Early thoughts on a fantastic weekend:

1 - Fresh in my mind is the bridge on 18 at Prairie View, which I intend to set on fire at some point in my life
2 - Fresh in Ricky's mind, the entirety of the Fort, which he'd like burned to the ground (funny stuff, but I think it had most to do with the incredible allergy attack midway through the round)
3 - I am trying to wrap my head around the concept that MikeDean441 is actually 10x more competitive a person at D&B than I've ever seen him on a golf course.
4 - Great food again this event, with an egg burger and Buca's, plus, we got to stock the GregDan household with like 20 beer glasses
5 - Being a part of five Albatross members playing/chatting at an event was a really cool experience for me. Proud of you guys!!
6 - He shall be called sunshine.
7 - I'm not even mad about the hole 1 screamer yesterday. That was hilarious and I knew it was bound to happen eventually. Glad to laugh it off and have a great day with my partner Adam and Jman/DevRickus
8 - I still don't hate you, Michigan Slice.
9 - The number of people who have to explain to their wives that they weren't in (a) a fight, or (b) a thumb war championship due to the air hockey table.
10 - Angry Orchard is a manly drink if you want it to be, right Philly?
11 - Apex Irons
12 - I didn't even take my bag to the range pre-event morning and still ended up hitting too many balls. Seriously, this has to stop, regardless of whether my swing is a circus or not.
13 - THP events are worth every penny.

Last edited:
I now sit here alone waiting to board as Pete is in line for Baltimore.

Always bittersweet at the end of these things.

I'll have more thoughts tomorrow. But I miss you all already.

Early thoughts on a fantastic weekend:

1 - Fresh in my mind is the bridge on 18 at Prairie Farms, which I intend to set on fire at some point in my life
2 - Fresh in Ricky's mind, the entirety of the Fort, which he'd like burned to the ground (funny stuff, but I think it had most to do with the incredible allergy attack midway through the round)
3 - I am trying to wrap my head around the concept that MikeDean441 is actually 10x more competitive a person at D&B than I've ever seen him on a golf course.
4 - Great food again this event, with an egg burger and Buca's, plus, we got to stock the GregDan household with like 20 beer glasses
5 - Being a part of five Albatross members playing/chatting at an event was a really cool experience for me. Proud of you guys!!
6 - He shall be called sunshine.
7 - I'm not even mad about the hole 1 screamer yesterday. That was hilarious and I knew it was bound to happen eventually. Glad to laugh it off and have a great day with my partner Adam and Jman/DevRickus
8 - I still don't hate you, Michigan Slice.
9 - The number of people who have to explain to their wives that they weren't in (a) a fight, or (b) a thumb war championship due to the air hockey table.
10 - Angry Orchard is a manly drink if you want it to be, right Philly?
11 - Apex Irons
12 - I didn't even take my bag to the range pre-event morning and still ended up hitting too many balls. Seriously, this has to stop, regardless of whether my swing is a circus or not.
13 - THP events are worth every penny.

Great to meet you and I have to say I heard stories but man is your swing pretty to watch in person

Great to meet you and I have to say I heard stories but man is your swing pretty to watch in person

His spin numbers from golfsmith hitting bay was most definitely "interesting"

Swing my swing, or tear the whole thing down in August... hmmm...

Time will tell. Thanks for the compliment LB, it was great to meet you as well!

Well I am home now on the couch watching TV with the wife, so it's time for me to put the #Coersit Update. And just so everyone knows I had the right address on the way home but thought I was lost for awhile since the GPS made me go north of Indy then cut across on some country roads. But anyways had blast and it was awesome to meet all of you. Can't wait for the next THP Event in two weeks down in Tennessee.

So here's my list of thoughts and what I learned this weekend:

1. NEVER TOUCH JB!!!! Guess I forgot or just did not know he has germophobia.

2. Mike Dean has a brother on THP and his name is Rob Dean aka (robman7) Had no idea.

3. If you want to hit your longest drive of your life (280 for me) Have Kang(Kc720) give you a driver lesson.

4. Michigan Slice (CJ) is just hilarious, and if you haven't met him you should. It was awesome to meet you bud.

5. I should always verify the address on where I am going before I leave to go there. Thought I was going to the Fort Friday but obviously I was wrong.

6. Wish my partner (ohio_striker) would have brought his game saturday and not today LOL. You played awesome today Matt, keep it up bud.

7. Got to meet up with 4 fellow Team Albratross members this weekend and it was great to meet you all.

8. If I am still hungry after dinner I can eat 6 pieces of cheescake just to fill me up.

9. I have a Boulder Wedge in the bag now thanks to finding one in the Sand Trap at Purgatory.

10. And the final one, DONT TOUCH JB!!!!! Hope you get feeling better, sorry to give you Coersiritis.

Well I am home now on the couch watching TV with the wife, so it's time for me to put the #Coersit Update. And just so everyone knows I had the right address on the way home but thought I was lost for awhile since the GPS made me go north of Indy then cut across on some country roads. But anyways had blast and it was awesome to meet all of you. Can't wait for the next THP Event in two weeks down in Tennessee.

So here's my list of thoughts and what I learned this weekend:

1. NEVER TOUCH JB!!!! Guess I forgot or just did not know he has germophobia.

2. Mike Dean has a brother on THP and his name is Rob Dean aka (Rbartthle17) Had no idea.

3. If you want to hit your longest drive of your life (280 for me) Have Kang(Kc720) give you a driver lesson.

4. Michigan Slice (CJ) is just hilarious, and if you haven't met him you should. It was awesome to meet you bud.

5. I should always verify the address on where I am going before I leave to go there. Thought I was going to the Fort Friday but obviously I was wrong.

6. Wish my partner (ohio_striker) would have brought his game saturday and not today LOL. You played awesome today Matt, keep it up bud.

7. Got to meet up with 4 fellow Team Albratross members this weekend and it was great to meet you all.

8. If I am still hungry after dinner I can eat 6 pieces of cheescake just to fill me up.

9. I have a Boulder Wedge in the bag now thanks to finding one in the Sand Trap at Purgatory.

10. And the final one, DONT TOUCH JB!!!!! Hope you get feeling better, sorry to give you Coersiritis.

Wrong already...my brothers name is robman7

Made it home safely will have more thoughts later but let me just say that was one of the greatest weekends ever. Had a absolute blast and met some awesome people and can't wait til I can make another event

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Back