THP Fantasy Football - Week 6 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The season is chugging along and some teams will start to separate themselves from the pack. Week 6 is here and bye weeks and injuries continue to take its toll.

Coming off a painful loss with 60 points left on my bench. I'm pretty sure I had the worst combination of players in last week. That won't happen again. Still on the hunt for the elusive first W. It's a sad time right now.

Paging Jlukes. Trade offer sent! I feel like it is pretty fair swap!

I'm on the lookout for a RB in league 1.

Made it to 3-2 and feeling pretty good! Gotta keep it going though.

• Admin
Looking over the league 1 standings and this is the 1st time in recent memory that the two teams with the most points are actually each in 1st place that I can remember. Usually someone with less scoring against jumps up there.

OMG, War Eagle's team needs to step up the D :D. Most points scored against by a pretty big margin. Beag's team looks pretty good for the 2nd half.

THP Fantasy Football - Week 6 Thread

Poor Wake. Has put up only 4.5 points less than me and I'm 3-2 while he is 1-3-1.

Absolutely hate when everyone has their best game of the year against you. Just defeating and there's nothing you can do about it.

Looks to be a close one this week between myself and Cincy Natty Lights. Sitting in 5th place at 3-2 a win here could be huge.

Was offered a trade to send Chris Johnson out for James Jones. I am pretty strong @ WR so I think I am going to pass. Already have Welker, Boldin and Nate Washington w, Sid Rice on the bench.

Thoughts?

Not even a counter Jlukes?! Com'on man!!! (Cris Carter voice)

I've got a tough matchup this week as my opponent has 3 Cowboys going against the vaunted Redskins D and his D goes against Jax.

Brad - had to turn that deal now. Can't be giving up my best player unless I am getting someone comparable back.

3-2 and a game back, beat by 18.5 last week. Changing defenses cost me 15 points...time to move on

Up against Peyton Manning this week so Im gonna need some points!

Brad - had to turn that deal now. Can't be giving up my best player unless I am getting someone comparable back.

Lol, the running back I offered you has scored more points. In fact, each player I am giving up has scored more points then each player I woulda been receiving! It's cool tho. I'll shop elsewhere

Lol, the running back I offered you has scored more points. In fact, each player I am giving up has scored more points then each player I woulda been receiving! It's cool tho. I'll shop elsewhere

Airways interesting to see how one views his payers value.

3-2 and a game back, beat by 18.5 last week. Changing defenses cost me 15 points...time to move on

Pretty good. GG blames Pound Cookie for ruining her perfect season. She is 4-1 and her only loss she scored 110. Pound Cookie scored 110.5

Oh man. Peyton against the Jags could be nasty. He may put up 30 points in the first half and sit the rest.

I hate football. Can we do fantasy rugby or something? :alien:

Airways interesting to see how one views his payers value.

I'm lookin at your roster deano. Might cook something up for you.

It was a fair deal, just not one I could pull the trigger on.

Yes, Jackson has scored some points, but mainly because Spiller has been limited. THe WR side of the deal is really fair, but with Wilson hurt and Miller struggling, I just can't move Lynch right now.

Trades are interesting.
Here is an example. Would you trade A. Jeffery for AJ Green or Calvin Johnson? He has outscored both.
I do however think the flipside of that is the case too. People still holding on to potential of early picks and we are in week 6.
When does S. Ridley, D. Martin, or any other early RB pan out? Do they at all?

People value their early picks quite high until about week 8 it seems.

Pretty good. GG blames Pound Cookie for ruining her perfect season. She is 4-1 and her only loss she scored 110. Pound Cookie scored 110.5

She kept it #CookieClose

Tell her I said congrats! Hehe

Trades are interesting.
Here is an example. Would you trade A. Jeffery for AJ Green or Calvin Johnson? He has outscored both.
I do however think the flipside of that is the case too. People still holding on to potential of early picks and we are in week 6.

Agreed. I guess I don't put a hge value on a guy that I drafted in the 1st few rounds. I try to shore up weak areas (RB) on my team by dealing from strengths (WR). If that means dealing a 3rd and 4th rd WR for a top 10 RB. I thought I put forth a pretty fair trade from a points/potential standpoint.

Add Tom Brady to that list. Brady and Martin...my first and third or fourth picks and they are doing nothing.

Don't think I have any early picks left to over value.

Back