THP FF Week 6 Thread

Only shot I have this week, is if MJD and Rice pull a Finley in the first 3 plays of the game lol

Rooting for injuries? Karma is real.

OK so now that I didn't get him why just drop Winslow? He is real nice trade bait.

Lol I don't look at positions. I actually don't mind Carlson but of course I would listen to anything. I just for the life of me can't understand dropping Winslow. Seems almost lazy.

Lol I don't look at positions. I actually don't mind Carlson but of course I would listen to anything. I just for the life of me can't understand dropping Winslow. Seems almost lazy.

Should I just assume it was bridges? lol

I honestly don't know who did it. And lol Bridges is anything but lazy. That GM is burning the PM lines 24/7.

I think Gasman dropped him. But the guy has not been scoring outside of a week or two, and just like you said you dont mind Carlson, its hard to trade a TE unless in a package.

Lol. I picked up Winslow. Good backup for me in the league. I have gonzo and keller.

Obviously Rex wants me to trade a TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Gasman dropped him. But the guy has not been scoring outside of a week or two, and just like you said you dont mind Carlson, its hard to trade a TE unless in a package.

I understand if a guy is a disappointment but he's a name player who has shown in the past that he can turn it on. Would you have just dropped him? I know I would have been shopping him to any owner who looked like he needed a TE and I know I didn't get a PM lol. And dangit Yoccos you've already got 2 good TE's!!!!

I understand if a guy is a disappointment but he's a name player who has shown in the past that he can turn it on. Would you have just dropped him? I know I would have been shopping him to any owner who looked like he needed a TE and I know I didn't get a PM lol. And dangit Yoccos you've already got 2 good TE's!!!!

So is Shockey by the way, and he has outscored him in every single week. Yet nobody wanted Shockey until I could package him with other good players. The truth is with TEs, is it is like QBs. With the exception 3 or so, most are interchangeable and only 16 start each week in our league. It would be very hard to trade one outside of the big 2-3 in my opinion.

Im banking on our league owner to allow us to start 2 te's. Lol.

I had Vincent Jackson in a spot too but I figure get someone who can help me now. With a trade that is!

Yeah def package deal. I have a receiver I could package. TE's are a pain. Ive had many a talks fall through.

So is Shockey by the way, and he has outscored him in every single week. Yet nobody wanted Shockey until I could package him with other good players. The truth is with TEs, is it is like QBs. With the exception 3 or so, most are interchangeable and only 16 start each week in our league. It would be very hard to trade one outside of the big 2-3 in my opinion.

For some reason I see Shockey as just an injury waiting to happen. I know Winslow has seen IR time as well but Shockey ends up there every year. I love Shockeys potential though. If he had no injury concerns I would be all over him. Plus package Winslow with someone else could make for an attractive offer. This is by the way not meant to slam whoever dropped him. Just discussing.

For some reason I see Shockey as just an injury waiting to happen. I know Winslow has seen IR time as well but Shockey ends up there every year. I love Shockeys potential though. If he had no injury concerns I would be all over him. Plus package Winslow with someone else could make for an attractive offer. This is by the way not meant to slam whoever dropped him. Just discussing.

Check out the last few years and see who has missed more time. Also see who has scored more points. Shockey has also outscored him this year repeatedly. He is also on a pass happy offense compared to a team that has a bad offense and when they do throw is to their rookie WRs. Winslow will have decent games here and there, but many weeks could get you the 2 catches for 27 yards.

And I explained my thoughts on trading with many league owners that I think is definitely the case in this league. Most dont need a TE. Heck, it looks like only a few tried to pick him up on waivers.

Pretty much even I believe but I think Shockey has consistently missed more time. Again it's probably just a perception thing for me. I know Winslow had that weird season of an illness and motorcycle accident(think that happened the same season, rookie year?) Think he missed a bunch of games a couple of seasons ago. But he's had full seasons as well. Shockey just seems(again probably just my perception of him) to be banged up all season long.

Pretty much even I believe but I think Shockey has consistently missed more time. Again it's probably just a perception thing for me. I know Winslow had that weird season of an illness and motorcycle accident(think that happened the same season, rookie year?) Think he missed a bunch of games a couple of seasons ago. But he's had full seasons as well. Shockey just seems(again probably just my perception of him) to be banged up all season long.

It might be a perception thing. Because in Tampa, Winslow is known as the guy that misses a quarter or two in every single game.

I can definitely believe that. I lived in NY when Shockey was a Giant. Dude came to training camp banged up and just never seemed to get better. That is probably why I feel that way about him. I will give it to him that he plays through injuries though.

I can definitely believe that. I lived in NY when Shockey was a Giant. Dude came to training camp banged up and just never seemed to get better. That is probably why I feel that way about him. I will give it to him that he plays through injuries though.

No question. That was a few years ago though...haha

Shockey has outscored him 55-37 this year.
Shockey is on a team that passes more each game
Shockey is on a team with a far better QB
Shockey is the ONLY TE on teh team that gets passing plays (for the most part)

Winslow is a beast and has tons of upside but with the new WRs and their new offensive approach, he will have rare spotlight games and nothing more. With only 16 TE played in a league and most outscoring Winslow this year. And many backups on teams doing the same, it would have been VERY hard to trade him. Again, I feel as though most people in our league are very reluctant to do trades. They feel they have to get the better side of things rather than an even trade that helps both (just my perception). And they believe that their bench hold key values to them (and they may). Attachment to players is nothing new and many have them. GG gets them all the time to certain guys. Again, just my opinion, but I think a guy like Winslow was virtually untradeable unless as a throw in a rather large multi-player trade.

Lol I would have taken him!!

Edit: And I agree with the attachment thing. I get it every year. But in my defense I feel my bench is pretty strong and can keep me going even with a major injury. Well at least a couple of positions

Lol. I did take him! He is my bench guy. Here is how I look at things, I have Keller and Gonzo. To me I hate having to decide who I want to start. If I pick one over the other and the other has a big game, I get frustrated. I like to leave the frustration out of FF. I like to have my starters set and use my bench to fill in holes.

I've had a few things going around and I definitely have a plan. I would have loved to pick up Vincent Jackson buuuuuuuuuut I think trading one of my really good TE's with another player would net me more I could use now than Vincent. I'm in a win now or else mode, which kinda sucks. Vincent IMO will be great during the playoff run if everything works out, which I think it will.

Lol. I did take him! He is my bench guy. Here is how I look at things, I have Keller and Gonzo. To me I hate having to decide who I want to start. If I pick one over the other and the other has a big game, I get frustrated. I like to leave the frustration out of FF. I like to have my starters set and use my bench to fill in holes.

I've had a few things going around and I definitely have a plan. I would have loved to pick up Vincent Jackson buuuuuuuuuut I think trading one of my really good TE's with another player would net me more I could use now than Vincent. I'm in a win now or else mode, which kinda sucks. Vincent IMO will be great during the playoff run if everything works out, which I think it will.

I agree with you Yoccos. Our plan is always to draft a lot of depth, acquire depth early, and then trade that depth for stars when we can. I dont want to have to decide which guy to play this week. I want to have a clear cut #1 and #2. Then our bench is used to plug holes if an injury occurs or bye week. Having a really strong bench gets you absolutely no where, unless you acquire better players from it in my opinion.

Yessir! Unless your draft plan goes to poop haha.

I agree with you Yoccos. Our plan is always to draft a lot of depth, acquire depth early, and then trade that depth for stars when we can. I dont want to have to decide which guy to play this week. I want to have a clear cut #1 and #2. Then our bench is used to plug holes if an injury occurs or bye week. Having a really strong bench gets you absolutely no where, unless you acquire better players from it in my opinion.

Well the Rodgers/DJ,etc. trade went through, still waiting on the hightower/kuhn one to go through, it should have already taken place by now. Unless my internet is just lagging that far behind, which would not surprise me.

Well the Rodgers/DJ,etc. trade went through, still waiting on the hightower/kuhn one to go through, it should have already taken place by now. Unless my internet is just lagging that far behind, which would not surprise me.

About time. I checked earlier and it still hadn't gone through.

Back