THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went up to a 17.0 :(. Had some bad bad rounds or tournament play that hurt me here. Need to get a lesson in hopefully this week and get the putter fixed. Just been putting badly and irons needs some work. Seemed like I was hooking it, topping it, or hitting it chunky. So next revision day it's gotta be down.

going up to 19.2 from 18.9... I need to do work

After a pretty solid weekend of golf I'm trending back down to 6.2 from the 6.9 I jumped up to. My next score to come off the 20 will be a 91 from last year so I'm hoping if I can put together a pretty solid round to knock it off I'll be under a 6 I hope!

And boom! I did it. After today's revision down to a 5.5!! Feels awesome to finally drop. I feel like the practice is starting to pay off and I'm finally starting to bring everything together!!

I'm trending the wrong way at the moment...18.4 trending 18.8. After todays round I know I just gotta smooth out a few kinks with some of the changes I've been working on since winter and I think I can get things going the right way again.

Index as of June 1: 18.4 Six strokes off my index since November. Been very fortunate to be able to get in some lessons and really focus on my game. Learning to negotiate my misses has been huge. Not it's time to step my game up and be playing my best golf ever in the next two months.

Mine went from 11 back to 10.7, but during winter the ball doesn't travel quite as far so have to get used to that again and go up a club or two. Todays round wont help it to trend down but it seams to be hanging around the 10-11 mark.

A little bump up to 4.2.

I am going to work more on those approach shots.

2.6. Went as low as 2.3 during this cycle after shooting par on Mothers Day. Went back up a couple clicks after putting up an 80 (on an impossible putting day).

I like where my game is right now. I just need to stay focused on keep grinding. July is going to be here before I know it.

Editor's Note: My goal before the MC was to come to MB with a 3hdcp. I thought that was a pretty lofty goal. I now realize that I can get well below that in the next seven weeks. Pretty incredible.

I like where your game is going. Wardy needs to give you a pep talk. You can be scratch by the end of the next seven weeks, partner.

5.6 to 5.8. Not worried as it seems things are finally coming together, my last 18 hole scores were 76-75-73.

We're not worried either, buddy. You're poised for a big drop.

6.1 to 5.6 but Probably realistically more like an "8" traveling--My home course has a tough rating and I know and play it really well which drops the index to a little lower than it would be if more of the non-home scores were counted toward the index.

You're using the wrong logic! If you're a 5.6 on a really tough course, you'll probably be at least a stroke better anywhere else.

I dropped from 10.5 to 10.0 this cycle. Trendus interuptus due to 2 weeks on the shelf, but healed now and back to a full work schedule.

#DoWorkDotCom

Index as of June 1: 18.4 Six strokes off my index since November. Been very fortunate to be able to get in some lessons and really focus on my game. Learning to negotiate my misses has been huge. Not it's time to step my game up and be playing my best golf ever in the next two months.

Thats extremely impressive, be proud of the work you are doing and keep it up!

Still hanging at 11.8 but should start trending down after a solid round yesterday.

Putting TT 54* back into bag has been a great move as I'm getting the results around the green that I did last year.

Lessons are a work in progress so driving down scores when making changes isn't exactly easy.

I'll be golden once tee game is going in right direction as I'm really pleased in all other aspects.

13.1 to. 12.9 thanks to 1 big score dropping off and being replaced with another almost as big score

Still playing like a turd but I know I'm close to getting this iron thing figured out and then the scores will be dropping in abundance

Last edited:
Thats extremely impressive, be proud of the work you are doing and keep it up!
Upside of not having an offseason. We scarcely even had frost delays this winter.

11.3 from 11.1

The lessons and practice time are paying off. I just need to get my putting squared away and I can get to 10 in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11.5 to 10.7

Down a hair, but my best two scores are gonna drop off at some point this year so I'm gonna need to start putting together really good rounds to hit my goal of 8.

GHIN currently stands at 10.8 with only 17 scores posted. I expect it to raise once I get to 20 but hopefully some low scores are on the horizon as I feel my game getting dialed in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Up to 6.1.

From 1.5 to a 1.0 after a handful of solid rounds, but none of them made me feel like I was really getting it done.

Yesterday reminded me how much I can play a draw, and while that's great on most courses, it spelled disaster on holes that had hard greens sloping from right to left. Also, playing short yardage and dealing with 60 yards shots -- I either need to get better with my course management, or spend countless hours sorting out that awful yardage.

From 1.5 to a 1.0 after a handful of solid rounds, but none of them made me feel like I was really getting it done.

Yesterday reminded me how much I can play a draw, and while that's great on most courses, it spelled disaster on holes that had hard greens sloping from right to left. Also, playing short yardage and dealing with 60 yards shots -- I either need to get better with my course management, or spend countless hours sorting out that awful yardage.

Avoid that yardage like the plague

Practicing that yardage would seem to be the trick, no? I've run into that more and more since putting Bertha in the bag. I always want to hit driver because I'm not missing many fairways, but that wedge shot is tricky.

#Caledonia

Went from a 10.7 - 11.7, more of the handicap just evening out a bit as more rounds are being added into the equation, so not unhappy with the upward trend.

Consistency has been a bit of an issue for me during this last revision time frame. There are stretches of holes that I play really well and then a lapse in judgement or a penalty stroke was cost me. Perfect example is last week in league. I had 7 pars and 2 triples. A great match play round for me, but still frustrating when looking at the final score.

Fast forward to over the weekend and I put together the most complete round of golf I have ever played. Breaking my PB by two strokes to shoot a 79 at a course I have only ever played once. The Saturday rounds were scrambles, and basically all my strokes were used, but I am not putting that into the handicap for obvious reasons. I feel like I am continuing to improve and consistency is getting better and better. I am already trending towards a 10.2 after the round on Sunday, so we'll see what the next 13 days hold.

Received my GHIN revision email today.
Down to 9.5

Goal is to get down to mid single digits. Need to spend more time practicing during the week, focusing on 100yds and in and PUTTING. Letting too many strokes at up on the green.

Practicing that yardage would seem to be the trick, no? I've run into that more and more since putting Bertha in the bag. I always want to hit driver because I'm not missing many fairways, but that wedge shot is tricky.

It's definitely a touch shot. But it can become a dependable one with practice.

You should look into a 3W that you enjoy hitting. The Bertha is long and straight , but constantly hitting to a weird number that you're not comfortable with won't help you.

Sitting on an 11.8, but trending in the wrong direction. Not enough time on the course and to many thoughts going on right now. I need to just get on the course and play more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back