THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Down to a 6.8 from a 9.6 in November. Still pushing at reaching my goal of a 5 or better by end of year. Not much time left, but going to keep pushing.

13.8 pending. I shot a +12 74 with a 13.8 differential to move me down and drop off a +17 differential. 8 of the last 12 rounds count towards my cap. I don’t wanna anger the golf gods by saying I’ve been playing some pretty decent golf lately, but… the stats are what they are.

Still hanging out at 6.4 but feel like my play has been quite a bit higher

11.1, down from 11.7, which was up from 9.2.
Hoping I’m coming out of the effects of subtle swing change from lessons.

Down to my lowest at 9.8. Yesterday was the best I have ever struck my irons, but driver was hit or Miss and cost me 4 strokes. The lessons this year and playing a lot are really paying off now. I’ve got 5 rounds scheduled this week, and the next 4 that fall off aren’t part of my top 8, so have a chance to do some damage. Think I was realistically a 14ish when I started year.

Will drop to 9.2 tomorrow, from 10.1. I started the year off rough and lost a bunch of good play from mid last year, which resulted in ballooning up to 12.2 back in early June, but have been playing pretty darn well (and often) since then and have got back into single digits again for the first time since the beginning of the season. Although with the way I've been driving the ball the last month, it's a minor miracle I've been able to shoot the scores I have :ROFLMAO:

Hoping I can keep it up and clean up the long game and putting a bit to keep the trend going - my low mark was 8.7 back in late summer last year and I'd really like to get below that and maybe even sneak into the 7's before the season is out.

Actually no change.

Down to 13.1. Started the year at 14.8.

After playing some of my best golf in 2019-2021 I was down to just over a 10 handicap, 2022 brough along much higher scores with an avg back into the lower 90's with many mid to high 90 scores and a 15 handicap. This year I'm starting to get back to that 2021 form and have dropped down to a 12.9 shooting more scores in the mid 80's range. Hoping it continues!

Will slide down a little further to 8.7 with this revision. That matches my lowest mark ever, which incidentally was from around this time last year. Happy to get back here after blowing up to over 12 mid year.

Hoping to keep the improvement going! Lord knows I've got plenty of issues to focus on still :LOL:

14.7 down to 14.5 after a net -1 yesterday.

Down to my lowest, 9.2 after yesterday's round. Would've been in the 8s if I didn't have a mental breakdown on the back 9. Still happy with the progress I've made this year. Have 1 more lesson in my lesson package scheduled for the end of this month, think I'm going to focus on the driver since the majority of my blowup holes come from poor tee shots. Need to clean up my putting as well.

Got to my lowest ever (by a whole 0.1, but still!) of 8.6 last rev, but a couple sloppy rounds in NC have me back up a bit to 8.9. Hoping to bounce back with some practice and some rounds on familiar courses coming up.

Continued mediocre rounds and losing my best round of the year (a 5.7 differential from back in July) have me trending up to 9.4. Got about a month of active season left though, so I'm hoping to post something more solid in the coming weeks and get back down below 9.

Up to 6.6, need to turn this around.

Stupid question time
Before the World Handicap System came in am i correct UK Mens HC was 28 .......USA Mens was 36
So how did this work out from the old system to the new WHS one or didnt it:unsure:

And......why cant i have a HC at my local par3/pitch and putt :ROFLMAO:

Up to a 7.0 right now. Lack of play this year and escalating scores.

Stuck in neutral, sitting at 17.7 according to 18birdies at the moment. Unsurprising given the lack of play and practice, but still disappointing.

Ended the season at a 9.9. Ballooned up a stroke and a half from my season low back in Sep because of some recent poor play. Made some swing tweaks though and feel like I'm back hitting the ball to a better standard. Planning some improvement efforts through lessons and fitting during the off season to hopefully come out strong to start next season. I didn't hit my cap goals this season, but I do feel like I'm learning and there's a lot of upside to where I'm currently sitting.

Back