THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Sitting at an all time low of 11. Slowly heading in the right direct direction!

Entering the danger zone here with some good scores about to be knocked out of my last 20 rounds. I’m playing well right now and really think I have a shot to go low. And I’m cleaning out the no longer termite infested garage so I’ll have my practice area back soon!
View attachment 8956212
So far so good in the danger zone. Had a great round over the weekend and my last 5 rounds are currently factoring into my handicap. Playing good golf right now and dropped from 14.7 to 13.6 in the last month.
65F3F408-833F-4187-ABB0-597A28F24D7F.jpeg

Handicap at 15.9 after yesterday's round, a new record low for me! I'm not sure what I'm doing right lately, but I hope I can keep doing it. :LOL:

3.2 at the moment, pushed it down from 5.0 over my last 11 rounds.

Got an epidural shot(s) yesterday morning so I'll expect it to take a little while to get back up to speed.

But assuming the pain subsides, I plan on finally doing what issues made me avoid... PRACTICE.

13 now, but who knows that could change depending on what courses I play and my erratic ball hitting lately. Irons, chipping, and putting are decent though and that is really what is bringing my cap down the most. The longer clubs are still a bit dicey in the control department.

On my best run in the last ten years following a top ten career round of 82 on a par 72 course. Game is feeling good!
B40D5FFA-9AA6-4EE8-B66A-837CEB65B255.jpeg

Got under 25 after my last round. So goal for 2020 has been reached. But reset too. Now I need to get to 22.5 by end of year.

1597640914697.png

Officially a single digit cap again. Yesterday's round dropped me from 10.0 to 9.5. I've been seeing improvement in my game this year and it's finally translating to consistently lower scores. Still some low hanging fruit to clean up so I can move comfortably down into that 7-8 cap range. Not bad considering I only play 9 to 27 holes per week.

Small dip to 15.8, new all-time low.

After getting down to a 9 before the COVID lock-down, since the courses opened back up and we were able to play competitions that counted towards our handicap, I have been struggling and it crept up from 9.2 to 9.9

After a disappointing first round in our Cub Championships at the weekend, it officially went back up to 10.0, but a good second round saw me shoot 4 shots under my handicap and it has once again come back down to 9.2

Hopefully I can keep it from heading in the wrong direction again and maybe sneak down a bit further before the end of our season

Rolling along pretty steady here. Played a lot of good golf recently and even that last horrendous score you see had a closing back nine of 41.
7E6D38AF-AC86-4A1D-B355-CC47CB1F6B24.jpeg

I was sure I'd break into the 13s, but I'm at 14.1. That's OK, just gotta put up a few more good one's and fewer stinky one's.

Moving in the correct direction.

1598565045045.png

GHIN is holding steady at 8.3. The next round will knock out a good combined score from February (42+37=79) that will bump it up to, at worst, 8.6.

Revised down this morning to an all time low of 14.9. Little by little this year I keep going.

8.9 to 8.8. Fun times and enjoying the career low cap.

Labor Day weekend I should be able to get 36 in.

13.2! My best so far. One score had me drop almost a full.point, from a 14.1. it was a combined score of 78, which if it was a single round would be a PB by 4 strokes, but it wasn't.

Looking at my card, I almost can't believe it. Worst counting score is a 90. Two years ago, mid 90s was my goal. Last year, 90 was my goal, now I am chasing 80 and putting up low to mid 80s.

Damn this is a fun and addicting game

Down to 11.0 currently. Swing changes are still a bit frustrating as I’m still duffing a lot of shots. Lost balls and penalty strokes are what I’ve eliminated so that really helps. Now if I could get around the track without so many fat shots that come up short I could reach my goal of single digits.

The next round will knock out a good combined score from February (42+37=79) that will bump it up to, at worst, 8.6.
Yesterday's 'round', a putrid 90, did just that. Up to 8.6.

Another combined score from February comes off with the next round. It could go up another 0.1.

I do have a decent 9-hole score waiting to be combined, too.

I'm down to 7.3 from 11.4 at the start of the year.

22.9. Keep trending in the right direction. I had a score this weekend on a 132 slope course that was my PB so it definitely lowered it.

IMG_2585.jpg
IMG_2586.png

Back