THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Mine has gone up this year. I am working on something and when I do it right the results are startling, however, it's taking time to ingrain that move. I just need to stay patient, stick with it, and not worry about scoring.

Just looked at my index as my wife told me she’s a 20.5…. I just crossed the 3 threshold….

Almost the lowest I’ve been. I play most of my rounds at my home course so 2.9 there - yep. But it does not travel well right now.

I need to travel and play other courses besides the ones around me to see if this farce of a handicap is accurate.

After tonight’s round the cap is down to 14.8. This 10 HCP goal might just actually happen this season.

5.4. 1.4 away from my low cap last year. And already down 2.8 from my high of 8.2 at the beginning of the season. Incredible what confidence on the tee can do
down to a 5.2. Right before our club championship. Assuming I'll be in the flight right below the championship flight. Excited to play some tournament golf!

Shot a personal best 87 (+15) on a 132 slope course, with 78% GIRs on the back 9 (50% for the round) dropping my handicap to an 18.7. I started the year as a 24.

Followed that up 3 days later with a showing like I've never played golf before, need to find a way to capture that lightning in a bottle again.

Shot an out of my mind round of 1 under 70 on Friday that kicked the exceptional score adjustment in. Dropped me to 4.7, an all time low.

Up a tick to 5.2

Down to my lowest ever at 13.1. Been playing really well lately as I have improved my consistency through some swing changes. Still believe based off the differentials I am posting that single digits are on the horizon. Just need to get the rounds in.

Down to 14.3 after today.

Up a tick to 7.1 but scores have leveled out so seems pretty accurate.

Last edited:
I shot a mediocre round on Saturday and a 70's score rolled off, so I'm up a bit to 9.8 on this roll. Good news is on the back half of the cap sheet, I have a lot of mediocre rounds, so in theory I have nowhere to go but down if I can play reasonably solid golf over the next month or two!

Shot an out of my mind round of 1 under 70 on Friday that kicked the exceptional score adjustment in. Dropped me to 4.7, an all time low.

Wow man, crazy good round!

Woke up this morning to having accomplished one of my goals for 2022, getting back to single digits. Last night I entered 9 holes from Wednesday and my two rounds from this weekend. Now to clean up a few swings and get a new PB.

Broke through my all-time low by 0.8 and now sit at an 8.4!

8.8 as of today. ghin

Tonight’s 83 knocked off a 90 from the same tees, and dropped the cap down to 13.5. I’m not sure if my current skill level is at the point where I can lower it too much farther than this, but I’m gonna give it all I can for the remainder of the season.

I'm almost double digits. I believe I'll be at 9.8 after my round today. One month ago I was 8.8 and two months ago 6.8

Going the wrong way.

Another 83 at TNML but from a set of tees back. Knocked the handicap down to 12.8.

Mine is down to just under 9 (calculation is 8.95) as of today. That is the lowest I've ever been - and if you read the Putting Banter thread, you'll see that I have a LOT of room to improve JUST in putting, even if I change nothing else about my game. Trying to keep it going! I'd love to get closer to 8 by end of the year but we'll see what happens!

Played the tips yesterday and today played the front tee box (whites). Talk about a different game! It is now showing me to a PBHC (according to my app) as well as a PB on a full size course!

Will get a ghin next year as this year is to close to ending frequent golf to plunk down for a full year.

Going to ask the guy I'm playing with tomorrow (he works at the course) about their men's club. May finally have a home course!

Last edited:
Finally down under 10 (9.9) I'm so proud of myself, been training hard in Backyard all Winter of 21/22. My Swing feels Solid. 7-8 hcp feels reachable

Mine is down to just under 9 (calculation is 8.95) as of today. That is the lowest I've ever been - and if you read the Putting Banter thread, you'll see that I have a LOT of room to improve JUST in putting, even if I change nothing else about my game. Trying to keep it going! I'd love to get closer to 8 by end of the year but we'll see what happens!

Trending to 8.7, progress continues!

Back