THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Well I finally reached my goal. Maybe finally is not appropriate here, I actually felt it was a lofty goal. I reached single digit as a 9.9 now. Now can I keep it down there or better?

Well I finally reached my goal. Maybe finally is not appropriate here, I actually felt it was a lofty goal. I reached single digit as a 9.9 now. Now can I keep it down there or better?

Congrats!

Man, that is so awesome. You've really worked at it and to be there after such a short time playing is pretty amazing. Congrats. And time for a new goal!!

Man, that is so awesome. You've really worked at it and to be there after such a short time playing is pretty amazing. Congrats. And time for a new goal!!
Well if I can figure out driver Id be able to drop it more. New goal would be under 7. My swing is what Ill continue to work on. Its better than it was but its a long ways from where I am trying to get it.

7.2 down to 7.1 after today’s 77.

YOUR TRENDING HANDICAP IS NOW

Been a while since I could post something positive in here! Had a great round Saturday and dropped to 13.0. Could use a strong performance in one of my next two rounds because I’ll be dropping my best differential of the year. I spent a few hours over a couple days on the SkyTrak last week and really think I’ve found a swing I can replicate with success. Need to stop trying to hit bombs though.
1602516152818.png

8.5 to 8.4 after the 81 at Pinehurst #6. Really couldn't of been any happier or asked for a better score. Hit 3/4 Par 3s and the one I missed was short by like 5 yards.

Full weekend of Golf upcoming back in Florida!

Knocked four points off this year. Entered at 27.0 - highest it's been in a few years and it currently stands at 23.0 - my lowest ever. I like to think it reflects a game that is slowly coming together.

Just read this one, congrats. Time to update that 16 on your profile, sandbagger! :LOL:

With the season up here coming to an end and only a couple of rounds left, I think I have plateaued on my goal to drop the index. Not a bad year. Dropped from 9.8 at the beginning. Hopefully I can come back into next season without losing to much ground.

Oct GHIN - Low.png

Our season has 1 more competition to play in, but I don't think I am playing in it

Started off 8 in June, when my handicap was re allocated

Finished off 5.7 as have just been docked

I had a look last night at what my World Handicap will be, and it shows on the system as being 8.2 as opposed to the 9.2 that I am currently at under the CONGU regulations

It puts me in the top 10% of players at my club, the top 13% in my county and the top 12% in England apparently - how true that is, I have no idea

Well I may have played my last round of the season, at least for handicapping purposes. PA season closes 11/14. Finally posted back to back solid rounds for the first time in a while. Hopefully will come out of the gates swinging next year after working on the SkyTrak this winter.
DE575C97-8444-4872-8BE5-3B4075DCFFD7.jpeg

Finished the handicap season at 10.1 and did touch 9.8 at one point. I don't feel like I played particularly well most of the season either. Working on a slight swing change and hope to be firmly in the single digits next season.

Why would my score be adjusted -1 due to conditions?

1604980712824.png

A bunch of people put up better than normal scores that day. Algorithm decided it was playing easier and needed a correction.

Interesting. It was cold and windy that morning and that didn’t seem to be the case to me. Is this course by course? Or is it based on my club which since it’s an e-club includes the whole area?

I’m at 13.5, my lowest in about 4 years.

Back