THP Live Round thread!

Last one is a nice long par 5. Swirling wind is kicking my ass
15945905562448781636642233919913.jpg

Still, having not played in 3 weeks or whatever I'm happy to be out even for bogey golf

Alright, I'm playing irons,

Yeah. Almost wish it wasn't. This fluffy rough down here is a little different for me.

Fun 9 though. Had to cut it short because I remembered it's Sunday and my gym is going to close soon.
Bermuda?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

106 degrees out... 3w time

20200712_163133.jpg

Yep. Getting a crash course this summer on it.
I thought your profile said NE. Bermuda rough..... hostel wrapper.

I thought your profile said NE. Bermuda rough..... hostel wrapper.

Does it still? I'll change that. Moved to Arkansas a few weeks ago. All different down here for a midwesterner.

Does it still? I'll change that. Moved to Arkansas a few weeks ago. All different down here for a midwesterner.
Good ol' Arkansas. Yeah I'm in southeast Texas, but looks like a move to Chicago in the near future. Looking at NW suburbs. Grew up in Ohio and lived in Indiana for 10 years. Bermuda was an adjustment for sure. I putt better on Bermuda than I do bent grass though. I am not sure that's common or not.

Good ol' Arkansas. Yeah I'm in southeast Texas, but looks like a move to Chicago in the near future. Looking at NW suburbs. Grew up in Ohio and lived in Indiana for 10 years. Bermuda was an adjustment for sure. I putt better on Bermuda than I do bent grass though. I am not sure that's common or not.

I think it's whatever you're used to, and if you have vision trouble, whichever you can see better. Adjusting to what I see and what it means and what it's hiding has been challenging.

There are a ton of THP'ers around Chicago, so keep that in mind. I grew up in the far west burbs and played junior golf there. Lots of good old courses. You'll love it.

Except for the traffic. Chicago traffic sucks. Lol

I think it's whatever you're used to, and if you have vision trouble, whichever you can see better. Adjusting to what I see and what it means and what it's hiding has been challenging.

There are a ton of THP'ers around Chicago, so keep that in mind. I grew up in the far west burbs and played junior golf there. Lots of good old courses. You'll love it.

Yeah traffic for sure. Luckily it'll be Metra into downtown for a commute. Not looking forward to walking the couple blocks to the office in the winter!

I didn't enjoy it in the least.

Well that’s pretty much how my round went. Or atleast the part before my cart locked up and I had to carry my ccart bag 2 miles in 103 degree temps back to the club house. The guys I was with all drove off and left me. Guess I’m an a**
needless to say I was not happy. They refunded my money but I won’t go back.

Let’s be honest here, Chicago is dismal at best. Sorry but it’s true. :ROFLMAO:

Let’s be honest here, Chicago is dismal at best. Sorry but it’s true. :ROFLMAO:
Disagree. I love Chicago. It's not at all how it's portrayed on some media.

Disagree. I love Chicago. It's not at all how it's portrayed on some media.
I’ve been there, I’m just not a big city guy. Kind of odd being where I live. San Francisco I hate. Just not one for the busy and fast pace.

Screenshot_20200713-095725_TheGrint.jpg

20200713_095750.jpg

New place today, and I'll take that for a start.

20200713_100010.jpg

Yep. Off and running.

Forgot to take a pic off the first tee though. I think not being able to find them threw us off.

Screenshot_20200713-100518_TheGrint.jpg

20200713_100559.jpg

Looks like that's the window.

Screenshot_20200713-101150_TheGrint.jpg

Survivable miss. Tough lie so I couldn't be aggressive but made par.

20200713_102113.jpg

20200713_101942.jpg

First par 3.

Last edited:
Indifferent?!?! I'm so full of intention that that might be most hurtful thing someone's ever said!! I'M ALL PURPOSE MF'ER! :LOL:
I said "indifferent looking", quite close to laconic looking, to be honest. You must look like you care more!!

20200713_140056.jpg

I keep trying to post but keep losing signal. Out in -2 despite playing poorly . Birdied 10, OB off the tee on 11 for the first time in forever, and had to make that for bogey.

20200713_114638.jpg

This was #10. It's drivable if you've got the nerve to go over the realy tall trees.

Last edited:

Congrats on the move, I thought the courses looked a bit different.

20200713_123728.jpg

Long par 3. Looks like I'm putting from about 20'.

Screenshot_20200713-130403_TheGrint.jpg

20200713_130505.jpg

Getting on a run now finally. Nipped some leaves but it worked. Tap in for B2B and -5.

Last edited:
20200713_131935.jpg

Last hole from the second tees. Mine is already out there, but forgot to take a picture from the (modest) tips.

20200713_132529.jpg20200713_132609.jpg

Yep. Finishing strong.

Last edited:
Back