THP Live Round thread!

OldandStiff is not a man, he's so much more. Demi-god at the minimum.

I’m guessing he birdied 17.

I’ll go out on a limb and say he will birdie 17 and 18 to finish at 4 under. @OldandStiff
20200727_143539.jpg

haha Real close. Par on the ^ par 5 18th. Bad lie after a good drive, played just short, pitch landed and took off on a very hard green. Couldn't convert it and made par. -3

The grint had me at -4, because it was effing up in my sweaty pocket all day, but I slapped it around and told it what's what.

Last edited:
OldandStiff is not a man, he's so much more. Demi-god at the minimum.
Dude. I played like a boring old guy today. Wasn't loose because they sent us early. Tried to put a move on one on about hole 4. Didn't like the way it felt AT ALL. Proceeded to play a club short and to the center of the greens most of the rest of the day. If finding the black tees wasn't such an adventure, I would have been bored myself.

View attachment 8955254

haha Real close. Par on the ^ par 5 18th. Bad lie after a good drive, played just short, pitch landed and took off on a very hard green. Couldn't convert it and made par. -3
I saw it was a Par 5 and figured that was a sure thing. You may need a new cape. :p

I saw it was a Par 5 and figured that was a sure thing. You may need a new cape. :p
It was a short one, too! I'm so ashamed!! 😢 507 I think, and just a crap combination of things. Drive got zero roll, ball was below my feet in a depression for my 2nd, so I played a low cutting 3W just short, and figured an easy up and down birdie. Nope. Pin was real close the front of an elevated green. Lobbed a really nice spinner that landed a foot on, but it just wouldn't catch. So disappointing. It honestly should have been an easy driver -> hybrid/4-iron hole.

Weird course. Black tee boxes were f-ing horrible (long grass and uneven) and really hard to find, the greens had just been sanded and rolled this morning. Which was great where it was nice, but there was a bunch of chatter in certain places. And the fairways were the shaggiest I think I've played on. Ever. Wasn't a big fan.

Last edited:
Takeaways:
  1. Need to tighten up game. Missing the easiest shots while flushing the hardest ones. Not making putts. Feel so close and far from what I want at the same time.
  2. Every team plays their best golf against us. Guys tonight commented that we are chill and fun and play well; that helped them have best rounds of year. Sigh. I guess it could be worse. We all smile and laugh when we play.
  3. Partner found a jar of weed in fairway. 😈

Back