THP Live Round thread!

Got nervous made a terrible effort that might as well have been a layup then hit a terrible approach to here

image.jpg

Let’s just say nothing there went as planned and I am walking away disgusted after a double :mad:

Hole 17 Lakefront Par 3

image.jpg

Well, this is where the round ended
daffb09de9433a90a61a4e758b7dfc9d.jpg

Course ended up totally unplayable. Rivers were running through the fairways and greens. We spoke to the course manager who came up with some BS that the rules of golf allow relief from casual water, which is fine when there is relief. He even tried to sound convincing when we asked if they would play the AT&T in those conditions. So $425 for 3 holes. So angry right now. I’ve always said it was my favorite course, but this has left me with a real bitter taste in the mouth. I get they aren’t a charity, but to take, what are pretty high green fee’s, without a care for the actual experience the golfer is going to have, it’s pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok chance for one back here downhill all the way

image.jpg

And of course lipped ou on the left edge netting another par

Hole 18 Poplar Grove Par 4

image.jpg

And that’s where e want them all day long

image.jpg

Too stiff a gust from behind puts the approach long

image.jpg

Left chip just off green trying not ton it past and finished with a bogey. Not bad considering the conditions. I think I am starting to get the hang of this game. Another 80 on a tough course is better then I expected

Left chip just off green trying not ton it past and finished with a bogey. Not bad considering the conditions. I think I am starting to get the hang of this game. Another 80 on a tough course is better then I expected
Well done!

Well, this is where the round ended
daffb09de9433a90a61a4e758b7dfc9d.jpg

Course ended up totally unplayable. Rivers were running through the fairways and greens. We spoke to the course manager who came up with some BS that the rules of golf allow relief from casual water, which is fine when there is relief. He even tried to sound convincing when we asked if they would play the AT&T in those conditions. So $425 for 3 holes. So angry right now. I’ve always said it was my favorite course, but this has left me with a real bitter taste in the mouth. I get they aren’t a charity, but to take, what are pretty high green fee’s, without a care for the actual experience the golfer is going to have, it’s pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is such a bummer, I was rooting for you! I can't believe they would not cut a rain check that sucks.

Great round Stryker!! I might have missed it but what course is that?

Great round Stryker!! I might have missed it but what course is that?
It is Poplar Grove in Amherst, VA. Easily the best and most challenging course in this area. I lucked in to a deal on membership rates with the rate locked in for 2 years. It’s best know as the final Sam Snead design.

It is Poplar Grove in Amherst, VA. Easily the best and most challenging course in this area. I lucked in to a deal on membership rates with the rate locked in for 2 years. It’s best know as the final Sam Snead design.

Is it open to public? The course looks amazing. I'll certainly have to play it one day!!

Is it open to public? The course looks amazing. I'll certainly have to play it one day!!
Yes it is but fairly expensive for non members. Especially for this area. They jacked the price up to $96 a round with a cart. Nobody walks it as there are some long distances between some greens and the next tee box. It crosses a road at least 3 times on the front 9. They do give a guest discount if playing with a member though. It’s $55 right now and $65 during the prime golf season. Hit me up sometime if you want to come play and I will come out and get you the guest rate.

Yes it is but fairly expensive for non members. Especially for this area. They jacked the price up to $96 a round with a cart. Nobody walks it as there are some long distances between some greens and the next tee box. It crosses a road at least 3 times on the front 9. They do give a guest discount if playing with a member though. It’s $55 right now and $65 during the prime golf season. Hit me up sometime if you want to come play and I will come out and get you the guest rate.
I certainly will!! We are overdue for a round together!

Lazy Scottsdale afternoon golf. Bogey on #1

rockin Puma for @OITW and the #MorganCup

6E65818B-467C-43EC-AB27-BB1BA95D811C.jpeg

No score card. Bogey par bogey. +2

No score card. Bogey par bogey. +2
Let's go.. Lots of pictures please.. It's freezing here so I'm living vicariously through you!!

Another 2 putt bogey. +3

next hole up.

155542BF-084C-436A-A3CA-DD766AD30F7E.jpeg

Back