THP Live Round thread!

I have a bunch of videos I'll try to edit back in later but first work and Masters!

Beautiful day. To totally crap the bed with no short game. I think I’m +7 through7? Ish. DFE6A1B6-2A39-4C56-8A6A-90257F4140DA.jpeg

You have time to turn it around @Smiter !

Haha. I’m mirdering the balll on the tee. Then I die a slow death the rest of the hole. +13 49. Oof. I’m glad it’s spring.

Suddenly I’m on 100 watch. 🤣

What a silly ass game we love.

E39A2D71-E0F6-4373-AD89-3D93B15515FD.jpeg

Jarred chip in on 16 for bird on 17. Maybe???

Nope. Par. Take it.

Well the good.

I didn’t lose a ball. I drove the cover off the thing. I was 30 yards past a 322 yard par 4. I was generally in a foul mood by the next tee box though, lmao.

The bad-every-damn-thing else. I did have an obscene amount of really craptastic bare earth lies. Which I need to improve on. I cost myself a lot of strokes today with just bad contact. Then poor putting. But mostly just sucking.

Played the back reasonable. A blowup hole kept it from being tight to par.

The front? We shall not discuss.

@Smiter where was the call! haha - Where at?

Enjoy it!

Well it was supposed to rain. Just played Oak Tree. An “easy” local course? Like there’s any such thing. 12 easy holes, 4 hard, and 2 that just flat out suck. Wind blowing 40 at the end. Smashed a drive on 18 all of 225 into it. And I hit it hard. Same on 17, that

I think I played the 6 hard holes even and the rest plus a million? There’s going to be real math involved before I can even figure out what to post.

But if you’re on that course can be abused. I was not. Today. But had fun. First 18 holes of the season.

Well it was supposed to rain. Just played Oak Tree. An “easy” local course? Like there’s any such thing. 12 easy holes, 4 hard, and 2 that just flat out suck. Wind blowing 40 at the end. Smashed a drive on 18 all of 225 into it. And I hit it hard. Same on 17, that

I think I played the 6 hard holes even and the rest plus a million? There’s going to be real math involved before I can even figure out what to post.

But if you’re on that course can be abused. I was not. Today. But had fun. First 18 holes of the season.
Not if you write down whatever you feel like, all Ham-esque.

Not if you write down whatever you feel like, all Ham-esque.

I respect that about you. Also why any round played with you qualifies as a “practice round” as you’re likely to rake back a 6 footer towards me that has me terrified. Or kick me out from under a tree, 🤣

I don’t mind the breaks. Generally we’re drunk enough that I’ll need them. But I can’t post that, 😂.

I respect that about you. Also why any round played with you qualifies as a “practice round” as you’re likely to rake back a 6 footer towards me that has me terrified. Or kick me out from under a tree, 🤣

I don’t mind the breaks. Generally we’re drunk enough that I’ll need them. But I can’t post that, 😂.
We have a weird symbiotic relationship. I help you cheat, and you don't care.

We have a weird symbiotic relationship. I help you cheat, and you don't care.

But...

I only let you help me cheat when it hurts you? You’re a gentleman and maybe a scholar??

So I appreciate the help. I just can’t post it, 🤣

I know it's Masters day, just want to share this sweet 30' birdie I just made. :p

Actually birdie'd 9 too. That just about never happens.

This was the tee shot on 9, and it's always crazy to me how when I'm swinging well it looks like I'm in slow motion. That's a 174yd MB 8i, and that plays a couple downhill, but into the breeze today.

This was the tee shot on 9, and it's always crazy to me how when I'm swinging well it looks like I'm in slow motion. That's a 174yd MB 8i, and that plays a couple downhill, but into the breeze today.

I was thinking that the other day when you said you really went after a drive. I do not look like I’m swinging in slow motion and am trying to work on smoothing out the follow through.

20210409_114628.jpg

And it just continues to be that kind of day.

You'd be proud, @Smiter . I'm mostly working on swing things with driver, and am a little out of my shoes on some. :p

I was thinking that the other day when you said you really went after a drive. I do not look like I’m swinging in slow motion and am trying to work on smoothing out the follow through.
Yeah, it's interesting. I think I'm longer than it looks on camera. My swing I mean. I get comments about it in on person a lot that from behind or front I really don't look like I swing very fast, and then from the side, totally different story, but still doesn't seem like a lot of effort. I hit I've earlier when one of the newer guys talked over the video saying ' now how the eff do those go 320?! You're barely swinging.'. I thought @Hamfist had popped out of the woods behind me. :LOL:

I know a couple guys that look like they put in some effort who are really good. They have a theory of mine that it looks the way it does because of my ribs and all the time I've spent learning how to swing without straining them.

I think smooth can be good, but not necessary, necessarily. ;)

View attachment 9002143

And it just continues to be that kind of day.

You'd be proud, @Smiter . I'm mostly working on swing things with driver, and am a little out of my shoes on some. :p

Nothing wrong with that, lol. I only really had one bad miss yesterday with driver and downwind was just killing them. The wind really picked up and the TourB XS isn’t ideal for me in 30mph into it, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Tried to hit a really controlled normal one for you @RealPretendPsychic , nothing crazy, to see how I generate.

Little high on the face, but 297 up the right into the breeze just a bit. I don't worry about lag, and it always looks more like I open my hands early from this angle and the ball is middle when it's actually on my front heel, but I have the shot from the back and can upload it too. I just try to gentle and firmly coil, and build to the ball.

20210409_122825.jpg
And then I nearly holed out from 182, because it's that kind of day. I'm gonna make one of these.

Tried to hit a really controlled normal one for you @RealPretendPsychic , nothing crazy, to see how I generate.

Little high on the face, but 297 up the right into the breeze just a bit. I don't worry about lag, and it always looks more like I open my hands early from this angle and the ball is middle when it's actually on my front heel, but I have the shot from the back and can upload it too. I just try to gentle and firmly coil, and build to the ball.

Wow! The side angle adds 20mph of club head speed!

Here was the next one.

20210409_130018.jpg

And then I went back to trying to mash them, and am currently borrowing a lefterly fairway after the last drive on the day. :LOL:

Back