THP Live Round thread!

Pin placement brutal. Double bogey. F65E2EBE-3857-42E3-88BC-F1938ADFD219.jpeg87561DDC-9C74-4B77-8259-4B172A7373CA.jpeg

Looks like a tough track but very scenic!

Sunk a 35 ft putt for birdie. Total 89. Finally broke 90 again.

Looks like a tough track but very scenic!
It is. Slope rating of 130 with a tendency for the wind to blow. It blew today. Made the par 3’s a challenge.

Sunk a 35 ft putt for birdie. Total 89. Finally broke 90 again.
YES!! Love if when you can feel it coming on and then it actually happens. Well done. ?

YES!! Love if when you can feel it coming on and then it actually happens. Well done. ?
Thanks. The round was really a struggle. Working on my grip brings unexpected flights at times. Over all I’m happy with how I battled.

Yeah. That looks a little unfriendly. If your miss is left, the smart play might be to aim right at the pin. If that ridge is where it looks like in relation to the pin, I'd rather be chipping up into it than miss right and have to putt over and down it.
I went straight at it. I was not short by any means. Went right over the green. Should have known since I hit an 8 iron over the green yesterday and today I chose a 7. Senior moment I guess. Thanks for following along.

A lot of walkers on a nice day there.
There is a membership for 100 a month unlimited midweek golf. Majority of them walk. The morning crowd anyway seem to walk. It’s not a short track as some of the holes are spread out a bit.

There is a membership for 100 a month unlimited midweek golf. Majority of them walk. The morning crowd anyway seem to walk. It’s not a short track as some of the holes are spread out a bit.
That's part of why I mentioned it. Looked a little spread out for walking. Not that I'd want to walk if it wasn't. :p

Well it’s not looking like I’ll be adding to the live round thread today.

@oumagic and I with the rare AZ rain out.

449F9758-1795-45FA-A883-84FC6FF0231B.jpeg

That's part of why I mentioned it. Looked a little spread out for walking. Not that I'd want to walk if it wasn't. :p
I’m not a walker at this point. I walk a lot at work. I also get a hip pointer at times and walking really aggravates it. Not to mention there are many times I’ll play another 9 or 18 and if I’m walking that would be out for sure.

Well it’s not looking like I’ll be adding to the live round thread today.

@oumagic and I with the rare AZ rain out.

View attachment 8928777
I feel your pain, brother. I was going to try and get out today, also. No dice. I'm gonna be a wreck at our gathering next week. At that point it will have been 3 weeks since I touched a club. I might have to create a "Trying to break 110" thread. :oops:

I feel your pain, brother. I was going to try and get out today, also. No dice. I'm gonna be a wreck at our gathering next week. At that point it will have been 3 weeks since I touched a club. I might have to create a "Trying to break 110" thread. :oops:

i didn’t play last week either. I’m feeling a bout of golf flu coming on this week.

for now this will keep me entertained on a rainy day.
A4EF2C34-2CEB-473F-9D82-C714F373C85D.jpeg

Unfortunately I wasn't able to live post today because we walked 18 at a fast pace trying to get in 18 before running out of daylight. My friend isn't swinging well right now and wanted to play a scramble format for fun. After 9 we were 2 over and not playing well so I was frustrated. (He wasn't helping much). I rallied on the back 9 and started making a lot of putts and had 5 birdies and 3 pars on the back. On the last hole I lipped out an 10ft putt which would have been a 6th birdie.

A few pictures from the round.. Here's a fun par 3 over water. Tees were forward and I put it pin high left and my buddy unfortunately donated a couple to the water. 20200223_141335.jpg

Fun par 4 which doglegs around to the right. If you challenge the right side with a fade you can get up close to the green. 20200223_142305.jpg

This is the final hole, a par 5 that plays uphill the whole way and doglegs around the left. Even if you hammer a drive the green is 30-40 feet above the fairway and quite firm so it's hard to get a ball to stay on the green. If you go through the green it's a tough up and down. Usually it's best to lay up leaving a lofted wedge in to try to hold the green. 20200223_165626.jpg

7 on the opening par 4. 7F582107-B8C6-4959-A305-0FDE5D459E9D.jpeg

This is the final hole, a par 5 that plays uphill the whole way and doglegs around the left. Even if you hammer a drive the green is 30-40 feet above the fairway and quite firm so it's hard to get a ball to stay on the green. If you go through the green it's a tough up and down. Usually it's best to lay up leaving a lofted wedge in to try to hold the green. View attachment 8929074

I have a thing about uphill final holes. Might be from walking a ton when I was younger, but I really don't like them.

Back