THP Live Round thread!

View attachment 2-08-20 5th tee.mp4

20200208_140830.jpg

That there, was a maker. And possibly the best drive I've ever hit on this hole. I can't recall ever having to not worry about branches on my second before.

Last edited:
Looks like it'll be fairly easy to find a ball that gets blown into the trees. That's good.
I'm not sure about this. Buddy is struggling and I'm pretty sure we just lost his 5th.

We're on hole 7. :/

20200208_142823.jpg

$20 says I won't get it through there. Takers?

20200209_120431.jpg
Had 182 into the wind and stingers are not my strong suit, so I went with the choked down 4-iron massive hook around everything and TOTALLY had it, but this tree had other plans. :( Tough shot on a course this tight, but felt good to hit it how I wanted to.

Attachments

• 20200208_143421.jpg
    20200208_143421.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
20200208_145143.jpg

Alright. As long as the gods are granting me ridiculous shot powers today, let's see if I can play through the trees to the near right, with a strong draw to hold this crazy left to right wind, and not end up in an overly bad spot on a right to left fairway.

20200208_145519.jpg

Hit the shot, toe'd it though. 10 yards further would have been better. 153, wind turning behind us. Feels like a small punchy 8 to hit that window.

I really need to play this course more. I forgot how tough it is to find position here. Good practice.

20200208_232109.jpg

Wind pushed me just off to the right. Easy up and down from there.
Need to switch back to a white ball. Red actually harder to see.

Last edited:
Last edited:
20200208_231137.jpg

Picked the right club on approach to an elevated green into the wind for birdie on 9, and we're done. Wind is beating is up, and walking sucks. :p Awesome to be able to get out at all this time of year though. I heard it's snowing in Ohio.

-1 (3 birdies, 2 bogeys) and a DNF

Last edited:
Oh MAN. !!!!

Obviously too much spin. Need an equipment/ball change.

Seriously though, that's an awesome shot, @chile !!

Now I gotta wait for the group that made fun of my bag :cautious:

20200210_114938.jpg

Now I gotta wait for the group that made fun of my bag :cautious:

View attachment 8927389
Should have told them it's the low handicap version of theirs. :p

Eating lunch with my wife, showed her, and she said, THAT'S CUTE. I WANT ONE. Howmuchwasitwheredidhegetit?! lol So opinions vary.

Should have told them it's the low handicap version of theirs. :p

Eating lunch with my wife, showed her, and she said, THAT'S CUTE. I WANT ONE. Howmuchwasitwheredidhegetit?! lol So opinions vary.

I felt like I'd be "that guy" if I said "enough in this bag to out distance all 4 of you with my 7 iron"... Today was a good first day back. Drove straight off the tee in the 260s with my driver and 220ish with the 3h. All well further than "pre-surgery" me... Maybe the break WAS good for me :cautious::ROFLMAO:

My neck hurts. :) Those must be excellent shoes to hold on the ground at that angle!

:/ Is it rotated or something? I've never actually asked, but the orientation is right on my devices. ??

:/ Is it rotated or something? I've never actually asked, but the orientation is right on my devices. ??

Hmmm... maybe it's an app>computer issue. I dunno.

Hmmm... maybe it's an app>computer issue. I dunno.

Probably, but whose? I'm thinking about the number of videos I've posted now. If they're all turned wrong and no one told me, ... y'all kinda suck. lol

It does auto rotate on the phone, but on the PC its messed up.Screenshot_20200210-142357_Firefox.jpg20200210_142233.jpg

Probably, but whose? I'm thinking about the number of videos I've posted now. If they're all turned wrong and no one told me, ... y'all kinda suck. lol

I don't think it's a big deal. I'd guess, nowadays, there are as many people on the forum on phones as PCs.

I don't think it's a big deal. I'd guess, nowadays, there are as many people on the forum on phones as PCs.

Yeah, there really is. I got an education on that the other night. Some guys are 100% phone forumers. Might be a brand/browser specific issue, because I just checked on our 4 phones, 3 tabs, and two laptops, and they're fine on them. We're samsung and chrome loyalists though, so not a lot of variation.

sidenote - Asked the wife to check on her laptop, and she had a notification that I mentioned her username in a post that I had totally forgot about. She really didn't find it as funny as I did. @LoveItOldandStiff needs to lighten up. :p

Opening drive 260...good start. Let's finish.

20200211_100244.jpg20200211_100827.jpg

Last edited:
20200216_134213.jpg

Alright. Wife's half in the bag, I can barely move, LET'S DO THIS!!

OMG. We have carts. In February. !!! Woohoo!!

Back